Give us your fastest and slowest disembarkment and port

setsail

Never had a slow one.

Had a few long lines, and a few unorganized luggage pick-up, but never felt like it took forever.

Fastest ever was off Mariner in LA. We live about 40 mins from the port. Got off the ship and were at our front door in less than an hour.

Fastest - Allure and Oasis PEV

close second - Jewel - Tampa

Slowest - Liberty PEV

Most fun - San Juan (Samples gallore of rum, rum cake and such)

Yea factor - Radiance - Seward (boarded after excursion at 6 only to find out the muster was at 4 - ship doesn't leave until 9 pm)

Fastest was on Navigator last month, we were off the ship & had picked up our rental car at the airport by 915. And that included waiting 15 mins for the shuttle bus to the airport.

Slowest was Miami in 2001 during spring break week. We could not locate one of our bags and by the time we filled out the forms for lost luggage, we barely made it to the airport for our noon flight.

That same cruise was also our slowest for embarkation as we stood in line with several hundred other people for about 2 hours. By the time we got checked in, I was ready to push both my husband and our then 18 year old son overboard :D.

Sherri:)

Slowest- Jewell of the Seas, Boston after TA Sep 2009 It took forever, or it seemed like it.

Not sure of a fastest, they have all been pretty fast.

We got on after you got off and were told to come to the pier late, so I'll verify that this was a long one. The embarkation was a mess too. They said it was because of a Coast Guard inspection.

My fastest was off the Serenade in San Juan. Slowest was the Liberty in Miami.

Slowest - Liberty after the TA last month. The incompetence of the Port Everglades terminal was inexcusible, set up like it was a temp situation - don't they do several ships every day?? Hope you are reading this FLL port people - it was so bad it will AFFECT MY CHOICE OF CRUISES.

3500 departing, with 4 customs officers, hours behind schedule.

OK, here's my question - can't RC pay to have more customs people in place?

Hope I didn't overstate, other than that a great day!

Never reall had a problem getting off the ship until our Navigator 12/18 disembarkation - took us until 10:45 to finally get off the ship!

Customs seemed to be the problem again. Looks like not enough workers assigned to this pier.

We now disembark on our own instead of waiting for help. My husband usually ends up having to carry our luggage down several flights of stairs since people go onto the elevator from the bottom floors, even when they don't have luggage which pisses me off.

But I'd rather do that then have to wait to wait for my luggage and disembark. When we were on the Explorer leaving out of Bayonne we were out within 30 minutes. It took about 45 minutes to get home from there, I really liked that!

Archived