Solstice Adding Aqua Class Staterooms

CelebrityMan

I just noticed on the Celebrity Facebook page a picture of Solstice in dry dock and a reference to 9 Aqua Class staterooms being added during this maintenance period. I ran a search of this forum and didn't see anything about it here.

Does anyone have information about where these additions are being made, on which deck? Is it possible these are the Aqua Class suites that have been talked about in various locations?

Just curious.

I just noticed on the Celebrity Facebook page a picture of Solstice in dry dock and a reference to 19 Aqua Class staterooms being added during this maintenance period. I ran a search of this forum and didn't see anything about it here.

Does anyone have information about where these additions are being made, on which deck? Is it possible these are the Aqua Class suites that have been talked about in various locations?

Just curious.

Hi Celebrity Man,

NEWS to me... know that The Summit is getting Staterooms added (including AQua Class SUITES) ... when it is in dry-dock... being "Solsticized". Haven't heard anything about a change of this magnitude happening on The Solstice...

Celebrity FaceBook Page = http://www.facebook.com/celebritycruises?sk=info#!/celebritycruises?sk=wall

And such info hasn't been mentioned anywhere previously that I am aware of... and I'll be sailing on her in 2 weeks and there has been no Marketing / Sales info for a change in categories that I am aware of on the Celebrity Website etc.

The NEW AQua Class Suites that is being added to the older M-Class Ships are also bigger than a standard S-Class Cabin (aprox 300 Sq Feet vs aprox 200 Sq Feet)

Lol, Wondering if this isn't ANOTHER case of where Celebrity's Internet info is incorrect

:rolleyes:

Really wouldn't surprise me... they seem to do a p-poor job of having the left & right hands agree on what they publish on-line vs elsewhere !!

Cheers!

Yup, that about clears that up! Hehehehe. Thank you, Cruisestitch and Host Andy.

I knew the members of this forum would have the answers.

I also found it interesting that the original Facebook post did say 9 staterooms, and when I went back just now it had been updated to say 19. So, yes, Sloop-JB, you were partially correct. ;)

CM

... know that The Summit is getting Staterooms added (including AQua Class SUITES) ... when it is in dry-dock... being "Solsticized".

The NEW AQua Class Suites that is being added to the older M-Class Ships are also bigger than a standard S-Class Cabin (aprox 300 Sq Feet vs aprox 200 Sq Feet)

I don't think that's correct... Summit is getting Aqua added, but no suites. Same as the just finished Infinity which has no Aqua suites...The A2's are being converted from mostly C2's and a handful of C3's on deck 9. The A1's are being newly built/added to deck 11 on and near the aft.

Only the newest ship Reflection is having Aqua Suites added to the choice of cabins. X did that because so many AQ guests said they'd rather have a suite, but didn't book one because they want Blu.

I don't think that's correct... Summit is getting Aqua added, but no suites. Same as the just finished Infinity which has no Aqua suites...The A2's are being converted from mostly C2's and a handful of C3's on deck 9. The A1's are being newly built/added to deck 11 on and near the aft.

Only the newest ship Reflection is having Aqua Suites added to the choice of cabins. X did that because so many AQ guests said they'd rather have a suite, but didn't book one because they want Blu.

TO SUGARLOVER,

I apologize, your info is indeed correct (AQua SUITES are to be on The Reflection not the Summit) ... I indeed got the ships mixed up !!

Lol with so many ongoing changes happening recently on the Celebrity Ships... it is quite easy to get confused.

:confused:

Sorry.

Cheers!

TO SUGARLOVER,

I apologize, your info is indeed correct (AQua SUITES are to be on The Reflection not the Summit) ... I indeed got the ships mixed up !!

Sorry.

No apology needed JohnB...:)

I just wanted to make sure others were correctly informed... you know, that's how rumors get started! People read something, and file it away in their brain, only to then think they have the right info when they later recall it! :eek:

I would not be surprised if all of the S class received this AQ enlargement. Somewhat of any oxymoron: more cabins creating more crowding in Blu, but better cabin assessment.

I don't think there are really adding more AQ cabins but just offering them in a different location. If you look at the deck plans there aren't as many AQ cabins on deck 9 as there are on on the S class where the cabins take up most of deck 11.

If the capacity really exceeds the accomaodations I am sure the complaints of the passengers would result in changes that only involves assigning cabins to a different class. The only physical difference is the shower and deck chairs.

Excuse a newbie, what is the difference in AQ between A1 and A2? We are booked A1 on deck 11 on the Millie to Alaska.

For some reason X feels that the cabins on deck 11 are worth more than those on deck 9. Just like the rest of the categories where the only difference is location. This may also be a marketing strategy where early booking or shipboard booking allows to offer a free "upgrade" when booking AQ that wasn'ti available before.

I don't think there are really adding more AQ cabins but just offering them in a different location. If you look at the deck plans there aren't as many AQ cabins on deck 9 as there are on on the S class where the cabins take up most of deck 11.

If the capacity really exceeds the accomaodations I am sure the complaints of the passengers would result in changes that only involves assigning cabins to a different class. The only physical difference is the shower and deck chairs.

They are converting 19 CC cabins to AQ cabins which will increase the AQ capacity on each cruise by 38 people. When you stretch those 38 people over about three hours of dining time in Blu and the Specialty Restaurants, I'm sure it will not get overcrowded at this point...

They are converting 19 CC cabins to AQ cabins which will increase the AQ capacity on each cruise by 38 people. When you stretch those 38 people over about three hours of dining time in Blu and the Specialty Restaurants, I'm sure it will not get overcrowded at this point...

I don't think AQ was offered before on the Summit or that there was a Blu dining room.

My understanding is the ship is being "Solsticized " so they are now adding the Blu dining room and "converting" regular cabins to AQ. Since this is new to the ship they should make the Blu large enough without overcrowding.

If anything it may decrease the use of the Specialty restaurants as those going to Blu will be satisfied with that and not frequent the other restaurants as often.

I don't think AQ was offered before on the Summit or that there was a Blu dining room.

My understanding is the ship is being "Solsticized " so they are now adding the Blu dining room and "converting" regular cabins to AQ. Since this is new to the ship they should make the Blu large enough without overcrowding.

If anything it may decrease the use of the Specialty restaurants as those going to Blu will be satisfied with that and not frequent the other restaurants as often

It is the Solstice, not the Summit that is in drydock right now and is re-designating the 19 AQ Cabins.

I am a wee bit confused, since I assumed that all AQ's on the S class were on deck 11; and, that there were none of the aforesaid on deck 9.

If anything it may decrease the use of the Specialty restaurants as those going to Blu will be satisfied with that and not frequent the other restaurants as often.

TO MICHED,

You and DKJRETIRED are not on the same page here...

The 19 Cabins that this post is about (converting from Concierge Class to AQua Class) is what is happening on the Solstice... currently in dry-dock for a week (as some one mentioned earlier, it pretty much is just a case of changing out the shower and balcony furniture)... and YES making plans for these additional 38 Passengers to take in the various perks of AQua Class in the venues on-board (Blu Dining Room - Persian Gardens etc)

Whereas over on the Summit (which is also in dry-dock this month)... a lot more is going on as it gets a MAJOR overhaul to become "solsticized"

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

TO MICHED,

You and DKJRETIRED are not on the same page here...

The 19 Cabins that this post is about (converting from Concierge Class to AQua Class) is what is happening on the Solstice... currently in dry-dock for a week (as some one mentioned earlier, it pretty much is just a case of changing out the shower and balcony furniture)... and YES making plans for these additional 38 Passengers to take in the various perks of AQua Class in the venues on-board (Blu Dining Room - Persian Gardens etc)

Whereas over on the Summit (which is also in dry-dock this month)... a lot more is going on as it gets a MAJOR overhaul to become "solsticized"

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

I was only talking about the Solstice...

Anyone else concerned about the possible negative effects on the Aqua Class experience. I just wonder if more AQ will create more problems in Blu. Will AQ just "feel" less special? Don't know the answers, but certain the the decision to expand AQ was financial.

Anyone else concerned about the possible negative effects on the Aqua Class experience. I just wonder if more AQ will create more problems in Blu. Will AQ just "feel" less special? Don't know the answers, but certain the the decision to expand AQ was financial.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I don't believe Blu will be affected too much. There are only 38 people added and when you spread them out over the three hours of dining in Blu and the specialty restuarants, I don't see a big problem. I'm also sure they can stick a couple extra tables in Blu...

Hi Gang,

As the OP, I certainly didn't intend for this to become a thread about anything other than the Solstice additions/reconfiguration/reclassification.

Let's try to keep focused on the Solstice (and S-class) and leave other Aqua Class, Blu, and all M-class discussions for another thread. My head is spinning at present. :D:D

CM

Archived