"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

Welcome back. It is cold out there this morning. I had 19 degrees here in Pasadena. Just saw the Enchantment on channel 13 news a little while ago. They always show the cruise ships in the background, when they're in port, while they're doing the weather reports. It always gets me excited to see it even though we still have over three months till our cruise.

Thanks Radio! I've been glued to my computer screen and sailing along with you. As always, your reports and photos are spectacular! Welcome home and hope we (virtually) cruise again soon. Or, who knows? Maybe someday we might end up on the same cruise live!

All the best,

Barbara

"BING BONG...Attention all crew...be on the lookout for Mr. Radio...he is probably hiding someplace on the ship...Mr Radio...PLEASE leave the ship at this time...

Thanks for sailing the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas......":D:p

Welcome back to the cold!!

Can't wait for the wrap up....after your 'limo' arrives and you make the requisite stop off at Starbucks on the was to Chez Radio!

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to DAY 10 of “LIVE” from the Enchantment of the Seas.

Yeah I know, the Cruise is over today. . .But I am still on board. Mrs Radio is on her way to pick me up, and only then will the Cruise be officially over.

We picked the Pilot up at about 9:30PM and we sailed up the Bay at about 17kts. I fell asleep before we passed the Pride. . .Ooops.

We tied up here at Cruise Maryland about 6:30AM, and the first Passenger was walking down the Gangway by 7:10AM.

I really want to re read every post and every question. I have already noticed that I may have missed a few, so over the next couple of day be sure to “Tune In” and there will be a lot more photos and comments.

Thanks for providing supportive questions, and positive comment!

Thanks again for tuning in

Radio

Chesapeake Bay Pilot pick up at Cape Henry

V2.JPG

We are docked. . .I guess it’s time to pack now. . .

V5.JPG

We get a good view of the Baltimore skyline from the Ship

V6.JPG

So Long, Enchantment of the Seas. . .I’m sure our paths will cross again. . .

V7.JPG

Thoroughly enjoyed your posts Radio! Thanks for the best virtual cruise I've ever taken! Have a safe trip home. Maybe one day DH & I will run into you on an upcoming cruise! Can't wait to cruise Enchantment in a few weeks with the family!

Wasn't sure if you read my post. Was just wondering if you noticed if David was in the Diamond/Diamond + in the Viking Lounge. Heard rumors that he was let go but were not comfirmed. Also heard that the director John and his wife were on vacation but would be back onboard. Thanks

Cold but beautiful sunny day for your arrival home. Safe travels!

Janet :)

Thank you so much Radio! I loved cruising "with you"!!!!!! :D

We'll be sailing on her in just a few (hopefully) short weeks and your "Live" report has made me more antsy than ever!

Sam :D

Radio - thanks so much for the virtual cruise - I tuned in every day. Now, I get to go on the "real thing" on 1/28. After reading your posts, I am looking forward to it even more.

One quick questions - did you notice if the Solarium was open for lunch on embarkation day?

We LOVE cruising from Baltimore, so maybe we'll catch up with you on one of your future trips.

Thanks again.

Jo-Ann

Radio, you did a great job thanks.

Do they charge for WI FI and do you have to buy a package my daughter would like to know.

Glad you had a great trip.

yes they charge and you don't have to buy a package, but it's cheaper that way....i posted the internet rates for someone else ....probably on the first 10 or so pages of this thread...

I must concur with the others in thanking YOU for a most enjoyable virtual cruise. You surely have a "knack/gift " for making us all feeling as though we're sailing along with you and also help pass these cold Jersey Shore days. I am now in full cruise mode and ever so ready for our 11 nite Explorer cruise on the 6th of Feb. Again .. thank you for being YOU.... it was a wonderful, wonderful trip !

Radio, you did a great job thanks.

Do they charge for WI FI and do you have to buy a package my daughter would like to know.

Glad you had a great trip.

This comes up on every one of Radio's LIVE posts, but I can't remember if it's been posted on this one yet. You can look through his last one, or it's also probably listed in the Sticky FAQ thread, which is shorter than any of these LIVE post threads.

If I recall correctly, the cost per minute ranges from 55 cents down to about 35 cents, depending on how large the package is you buy.

It ain't cheap... and it's definitely worth the effort to identify the free or low-cost WiFi spots at the various ports of call.

Theron

ETA: Ahh, I checked the FAQ thread... from post #4, May 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM:

Internet charges were recently increased (early April) to $0.65/minute.

Packages are available.

60 minutes.....$35

100 minutes...$55

150 minutes...$75

250 minutes...$100

500 minutes...$150

This comes up on every one of Radio's LIVE posts, but I can't remember if it's been posted on this one yet. You can look through his last one, or it's also probably listed in the Sticky FAQ thread, which is shorter than any of these LIVE post threads.

If I recall correctly, the cost per minute ranges from 55 cents down to about 35 cents, depending on how large the package is you buy.

It ain't cheap... and it's definitely worth the effort to identify the free or low-cost WiFi spots at the various ports of call.

Theron

ETA: Ahh, I checked the FAQ thread... from post #4, May 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM:

Thanks for the info.

"BING BONG...Attention all crew...be on the lookout for Mr. Radio...he is probably hiding someplace on the ship...Mr Radio...PLEASE leave the ship at this time...

Thanks for sailing the beautiful Enchantment of the Seas......":D:p

Welcome back to the cold!!

Can't wait for the wrap up....after your 'limo' arrives and you make the requisite stop off at Starbucks on the was to Chez Radio!

Thanks, Meg. . . Mrs.Radio and the Limo picked me up, and I did make my stop to Starbucks. . . but before I went home I stopped over my DD house (which is very close to Cruise Mryland), to see my DD, ad DGS. . .

I am now home and am looking forward to watching the News for about an hour. . .

The HotSpots on Board Enchantment are:

• Centrum Deck 4-5-6
  • Pool Deck Deck 9
  • Solarium Deck 9
  • Library Deck 7
  • Concierge Club Deck 8
  • Royal Caribbean On-Line Deck 8
  • Crown and Anchor Study Deck 7
  • Viking Crown Lounge Deck 11
  • Orpheum Theater Deck 5
  • Promenade Deck 5 (Weak Signal)

The Internet Pricing from on board is shown below. . .

More Pics tonight. . .

Radio

;);)

RCPRICING.JPG

Archived