"LIVE" from Enchantment of the Seas / Jan 7, 2012

Radio

Linda...there are some "palm" type umbrellas down the beach..(no charge) but you do have a walk far down the beach...but it is worth it if you are fair skinned, like me!!

Thanks for the info. I also sunburn very easily so we'll be sure to find the umbrellas.

Ha ha Bill, me too. . .

Thanks. .

Radio

;);)

Radio I have enjoyed all of your live postings. I plan to take my 10yr old granddaughter on a cruise in Aug to the Bahamas and your post of Coco cay will help me plan. Thank You So Much for your live reports. Pat

I still have to scan each Day of the Compass, and some other Enchantment info stuff. . .

Here are a fe wimages of the original Enchantment of the Seas (stretch) Drydock in 2005.

These are some pics I found during research in 2005. . .

Radio

Enchantment of the Seas in Rotterdam (15 May 2005) about to get her stretch.

S7.jpg

The New Section being transported from Finland

V3.jpg

New Enchantment Section Up close

V2.jpg

The new addition arrives at Keppel Verolme Shipyard from Aker Finnyards

P4.jpg

The Split has been done and the new addition is ready for many connections

T2.jpg

The NEW addition at the Shipyard in Germany

V1.jpg

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The new addition being welded in place

S11.jpg

The project took about a month to complete in 2005

S12.jpg

Artist Rendering from the Viking Crown Lounge

P1.jpg

Artist Rendering of the Sky Bridge on Deck 10

P5.jpg

Artist Rendering of the Pool Deck

P9.jpg

Artist Rendering of the Jump Zone above the Windjammer Cafe`

R8.jpg

Here are just a few more. . .

Radio

;);)

More Artist Renderings

V9.jpg

Night View of the Oasis Bar (STB)

P6.jpg

Wide View of project

P8.jpg

She is finished !

S10.jpg

I remember following the progress and seeing those pictures back then. After the stretch was complete she sailed across the Atlantic to Bayonne for her first paying cruise post stretch, a four night cruise to Halifax and back. I was able to book that one at a great price and since the cruise left Thursday afternoon and came back Monday morning I was able to do for the price of one sick day from work (worked Thursday morning, "sick" on Friday, at work by 10 on Monday). Next month will be my first time on her since then.

I remember following the progress and seeing those pictures back then. After the stretch was complete she sailed across the Atlantic to Bayonne for her first paying cruise post stretch, a four night cruise to Halifax and back. I was able to book that one at a great price and since the cruise left Thursday afternoon and came back Monday morning I was able to do for the price of one sick day from work (worked Thursday morning, "sick" on Friday, at work by 10 on Monday). Next month will be my first time on her since then.

Yes, I sailed on her just before that when she was in Philadelphia in 2005. There were a couple 1 night Cruises to nowhere.

You will enjoy her. . .

Radio

;);)

Looking forward to my first ever cruise on the Enchantment next week, going on the 9 day Bahamas cruise. Thanks so much for the live report, it has helped me alleviate some fears, and gives me some ideas of what to expect. I still have no idea how small our large interior stateroom will be for we got a room on Deck 8.

Looking forward to some warmer days ahead though.

So, Island Oasis is Cococay's answer to Labadeee's Barefoot Beach (or vice versa)? For purposes of booking these, are the rules the same? Jr Suites count as regular cabins?

The Cabana rental question came up often and I can tell you that Island Oasis was not sold out for this sailing. I did not try to get an accommodation for the Private Area, but it is reserved for Suites only. Diamond Plus Members can request one if the Suite members have not reserved them.

Radio just one more question for you- What did you think of the Captain? I really miss Captain Rob who was on Grandeur, and I thought he was taking on the Enchantment when Grandeur was moved but I know he is not currently on Enchantment. I will really miss his sense of humor!

Looking forward to my first ever cruise on the Enchantment next week, going on the 9 day Bahamas cruise. Thanks so much for the live report, it has helped me alleviate some fears, and gives me some ideas of what to expect. I still have no idea how small our large interior stateroom will be for we got a room on Deck 8.

Looking forward to some warmer days ahead though.

I'm not sure what Interior Cabin you booked but the details are below. If you have a Large Interior Stateroom, then it should be a "K" or "L"

Interior Cabin

Two twin beds that convert to queen-size, private bath with shower, vanity area, NO minibar,... television, safe, radio, phone, hairdryer.

Cabin size for category K and L is 146 square feet. Cabin size for Category M, N and Q is 140 square feet. Category FI Family Interior is 260 square feet.

Radio

;);)

Just wanted to thank you again for your Live review! I followed along daily :-) My family and I are cruising for the first time and will follow your same itinerary on the Enchantment in March, and it was such a treat to get a preview of the ship and the same ports of call!

Just wanted to thank you again for your Live review! I followed along daily :-) My family and I are cruising for the first time and will follow your same itinerary on the Enchantment in March, and it was such a treat to get a preview of the ship and the same ports of call!

Thanks for the nice comments. . . You should have much warmer weather when you sail !

Radio

;);)

Im disappointed I did not get a chance to meet you. Apparently we crossed paths (I am in some of your pictures and you might be in some of mine!) and didnt know it. A good excuse for me to take another cruise that you'll be on. Loved your "Live" review 'after the fact', it was like taking that trip all over again.

Lucy

I've never cruised Royal Carribean. I see a lot of you posting and you all seem to be Diamond and Diamond Plus. Some of the posts make it sound like there are a lot of places things that the Diamond status gets you. So as just a low life first timer on this ship are there places and things that we should avoid, that we'll not be welcome.

I've never cruised Royal Carribean. I see a lot of you posting and you all seem to be Diamond and Diamond Plus. Some of the posts make it sound like there are a lot of places things that the Diamond status gets you. So as just a low life first timer on this ship are there places and things that we should avoid, that we'll not be welcome.

I do have status, but am not yet diamond.

You will have no problem in most areas of the ship. There is a welcome back party, and a Crown and Anchor party later in the week that takes over the spotlight lounge.

Enjoy :)

Archived