Good and Prompt HAL Customer Service

obriendan

With the recent negativity concerning HAL’s response to various problems, I think it is worthwhile to relate the following.

We recently booked the ms Oosterdam 37 day cruise from Auckland to Vancouver for March 30, 2013. Since there is a 36 day upper limit to using a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the deposit, we deposited $3500.

However, I requested that the TA add our $200 FCC to our $3500 deposit so we could obtain the OBC for it. I presume this 36 day limit is to prevent guests from using this small, $200 deposit for very long cruises such as World Cruises. These longer cruises generally require a larger deposit.

This morning my TA reported that she had tried several times to apply this FCC but HAL, even at the supervisor level, would not allow it. She suggested that I contact HAL through Ombudsman@HollandAmerica.com.

I promptly sent an email stating that I thought their ruling was unreasonable since I had deposited $3500. This afternoon, only a few hours after I had contacted HAL, I got a phone call. They agreed with my argument and will apply the FCC and the OBC to my booking!:D

Hooray for HAL!

Dan

Smart of you to persue this, Dan, and such a good outcome for you and Barbara. Great! :D

And how nice of you to come here to report it. Thanks for being so thoughtful. Now, enjoy that OBC to the max.

. . . We recently booked the ms Oosterdam 37 day cruise from Auckland to Vancouver for March 30, 2013.

Dan, I should have mentioned that you're going to LOVE this itinerary.

We did a similar one on the Volendam from Sydney to Vancouver, and it remains one of our favorite and most memorable cruises.

Woody

With the recent negativity concerning HAL’s response to various problems, I think it is worthwhile to relate the following.

We recently booked the ms Oosterdam 37 day cruise from Auckland to Vancouver for March 30, 2013. Since there is a 36 day upper limit to using a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the deposit, we deposited $3500.

However, I requested that the TA add our $200 FCC to our $3500 deposit so we could obtain the OBC for it. I presume this 36 day limit is to prevent guests from using this small, $200 deposit for very long cruises such as World Cruises. These longer cruises generally require a larger deposit.

This morning my TA reported that she had tried several times to apply this FCC but HAL, even at the supervisor level, would not allow it. She suggested that I contact HAL through Ombudsman@HollandAmerica.com.

I promptly sent an email stating that I thought their ruling was unreasonable since I had deposited $3500. This afternoon, only a few hours after I had contacted HAL, I got a phone call. They agreed with my argument and will apply the FCC and the OBC to my booking!:D

Hooray for HAL!

Dan

I am glad you won that. Hurray for HAL and for yourself. HAL is a very resonable Company.

Archived