Costa Concordia SINKING

ItalianGuest

Two thoughts...I guess if you think you're sinking, land is that close and you can, you jump planning on swimming over....2nd thought is if you are THAT close to the pier/land I wouldn't think you COULD sink, just list, so why jump? Either way that's a very scary situation and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of those that lost their lives.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Two thoughts...I guess if you think you're sinking, land is that close and you can, you jump planning on swimming over....2nd thought is if you are THAT close to the pier/land I wouldn't think you COULD sink, just list, so why jump? Either way that's a very scary situation and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of those that lost their lives.

Sometimes people panick, no reason why. There are also many people out there who cannot swim, and I think one of the articles stated that some people were thrown from the ship.

There is definitely something weird about that photo. Photo-shopped???

From what I read on MSNBC, that photo is of the current state of the ship, after they managed to get it alongside a pier. The photo is not from the location of the grounding / allision.

Very sad situation. Condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the accident. Glad for the 4000 who have survived the situation.

As for the picture I think that being where the ship was moved by tugs or via some other means makes the most sense based on the explanation of where the ship hit and listed.

Very sad situation. Condolences to the families who lost loved ones in the accident. Glad for the 4000 who have survived the situation.

As for the picture I think that being where the ship was moved by tugs or via some other means makes the most sense based on the explanation of where the ship hit and listed.

All I can and am doing is a prayer for the victims and their families.

May God have mercy on them all.

Tough to tell for sure, but it looks like it is now laying on its side.

http://twitpic.com/8706z4

I was just looking at twitter as well and agree the comments from a couple of folks indicate the ship laid over on her side. Hope that the rest of the people aboard managed to get off before the roll to her side happened.

Archived