Seattle

mllewis48

Hope this hasn't been asked yet........................

What's the best mode of transportation from the ship upon returning to Seattle to go to the airport, HAL Transportation or cab?

First time so we have no idea.

Thanks

Mike

"Best" is always in the eye of the beholder. What works for one, isn't very good for another.

If there is more than one person, it costs less to take a cab than to use HAL transfers; a solo cruiser saves money with the transfer.

Sometimes there is a waiting line for a cab; sometimes you have to wait for the transfer bus to fill. That one can go either way.

The HAL transfer bus let us off somewhere outside, out of major traffic. I really don't know where we were! But it wasn't far to the check-in area. I don't know where the taxis let people off, or how far the walk is.

The line for the HAL transfer buses at the Seattle terminal were insane. I'm guessing people were waiting quite a long time not only to board the bus, but also waiting for them to fill. Cabs were plentiful and a much faster and more economical option if there are two or more.

Thanks for the responses, we have a 11:45am flight so the HAL transfer concerns me due to the loading and departing issue. Does HAL have Luggage Direct for SW airlines out of Seattle? Finally does anyone know the cab fare from the terminal to the airport? In the meantime I'll check the west coast departure board.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses, we have a 11:45am flight so the HAL transfer concerns me due to the loading and departing issue. Does HAL have Luggage Direct for SW airlines out of Seattle?

I won't predict for this year, but HAL had Luggage Direct out of Seattle in '10. I used it.

Don't worry about a HAL transfer bus taking a long time to fill. There are many busses, and many people all heading to them at the same time. Each bus is filled in turn, then leaves. By then, the next bus has started filling.

I take HAL transfers routinely, and have never had to wait more than a few minutes for the bus to head out.

Finally does anyone know the cab fare from the terminal to the airport?
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1543253 says check

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/

which comes up with:

Approximate Breakdown

Initial Fare $2.50

Add. Metered Fare $40.64

Tip (15%) $6.47

Estimated Taxi Fare $49.61

*Additional charges may apply.

Thanks for the responses, we have a 11:45am flight so the HAL transfer concerns me due to the loading and departing issue. Does HAL have Luggage Direct for SW airlines out of Seattle? Finally does anyone know the cab fare from the terminal to the airport? In the meantime I'll check the west coast departure board.

Thanks

Yes they do and I recommend using it. The line in May for SW was insane with everyone who was flying and needing to check in their luggage. It took us nearly an hour; luckily, we had a midafternoon flight, so it wasn't a major problem for us.

"Best" is always in the eye of the beholder. <snip>

So right you are, because for me the BEST is a limo and a big bottle of champagne! :D

But I can't afford that, so I take the shuttle. ;)

I also love the "what's the cheapest?" questions, because no one ever gives the correct answer. The cheapest is the bus! Can't beat the price.

Upon retuning from our Amsterdam Alaska cruise last year ( June 10) we took a cab to the airport. No waiting at the terminal.

The ride took about 30-35 minutes and drop off at SW terminal. fare about $50 with decent tip ( driver was good)

Use luggage direct if possible. SW is part of the program. Check in lines can be an hour or more long when ships are returning.

We live near Seattle and we take the Light Rail to the airport. If you can manage your luggage, take a cab to the Light Rail station. They are located throughout the city. The cab driver should know where they are. It is about $1.50 to take to the airport.

Archived