Riviera - Maiden Voyage Rescheduled

Jancruz

I don't know a thing about Silversea, but Oceania released the following press release:

This indicates their continued association with the Jean Ann Ryan Singers and dancers, one that started last year on Marina. The same company provides entertainment for Oceania's sister cruise line, Regent Seven Seas. They have received generally favorable reviews.

Thank you for posting this information. Yes, it sounds like the shows recently removed from Silversea.

I'm glad we cancelled our Riviera cruise long ago if I would have been inflicted with Andrew Lloyd Webber ...

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I can't stand his music.

Mura

OMG!!!! I absolutely LOVE his music-------------especially the music from The Phantom!!

Hi everyone,

We found out that our non-refundable flights have to be used by Sept. 2012. Has Oceania refunded anyone's airfare. We are some of the ones that were on the original maiden voyage on April 14th.

Judy & John

Check this with your airline - you have to BUY new tickets by Sept. 2012. But they can be for a trip past that point. I've had changes work that way in the past.

Another non-fan of Webber although we have seen most of his musicals.

Our favorite is Joseph for its tongue in cheek parodies of musical styles. We also liked Whistle Down the Wind.

Other than that if we hear Memories one more time.........!:D

To each his own, Yorkiemom ... I was a music major in college which probably has a lot to do with my feelings about him.

Mura

Maura,

You would love his brother Julian Lloyd Webber the cellist brother.

We attended a classical concert of his several years ago in London.

He's got talent.:)

Good to know, Orchestrapal.

Actually, I wouldn't say Andrew LLoyd is devoid of talent... he knows what music to copy!

Okay, if I say more I will start a war. Maybe I have already. I will now refrain from saying anymore on this subject!!!!

And I'll look out for Julian!

Mura

Dear azevedan,

We were told by a Delta CSR and a supervisor plus the same on Air France that we needed to begin our flight one year from the purchase date which in our case was September of last year. Had these flights been domestic we would have had to have begun and completed our flights by September of this year.

Unfortunately, we were forced to cancel our cruise. Any cruise that we wanted to book, cabins were only in the upper levels and we would have had to spend more money. It is just an unfortunate event to which we had no control. We were able to salvage some of our vacation by doing time in France. We were able to purchase flights (the sale goes off at midnight tonight) that were lower which allowed the change fees for no extra money. We will not be turning in any bills to Oceania at this time. I am sure they are truly paying for all of these delays.

Perhaps at some future time we will sail again on Oceania. But, it will not be on a Maiden Voyage. Burned twice!

Happy sailing to all.

Pearl

Another non-fan of Webber although we have seen most of his musicals.

Our favorite is Joseph for its tongue in cheek parodies of musical styles. We also liked Whistle Down the Wind.

Other than that if we hear Memories one more time.........!:D

Mura is right. To each his own. Some people consider Rap music! :eek:

We have also seen most of ALW's musicals on Broadway, several of them more than once. I also love the music from Les Miserables & saw it several times on BW. NYC is my favorite city to visit here in the states. Oh, I also LOVE Andre Rieu and I'm sure there are some that do not.:)

Mura, No wars here as far as I'm concerned, just some Oceania fans that have managed to get off topic.:D

Azevedan, thank you! I will definely check out that possibility!

Good to know, Orchestrapal.

Actually, I wouldn't say Andrew LLoyd is devoid of talent... he knows what music to copy!

Okay, if I say more I will start a war. Maybe I have already. I will now refrain from saying anymore on this subject!!!!

And I'll look out for Julian!

Mura

Misunderstood:( They are both very talented in different ways.:)

Glad we are back on topic. As stated by other posters, the possibility (or actual) cancellation of a cruise presents a real dilema to some who have bookings. Specificlly, those like us who have purcahsed non-O insurance and their own air tickets. As time goes by, the alternate cruises for us are being booked up and flights possibly more expensive ... or fully booked. The sooner a cancelation is announced - the better.

Check this with your airline - you have to BUY new tickets by Sept. 2012. But they can be for a trip past that point. I've had changes work that way in the past.

Azevedan, Thank you for this suggestion. I checked about this and it was not good news. Any new tickets bought still have to be used by the original purchase date. So it seems Oceania is our only hope. We sent them all the necessary documentation yesterday. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

Glad we are back on topic. As stated by other posters, the possibility (or actual) cancellation of a cruise presents a real dilema to some who have bookings. Specificlly, those like us who have purcahsed non-O insurance and their own air tickets. As time goes by, the alternate cruises for us are being booked up and flights possibly more expensive ... or fully booked. The sooner a cancelation is announced - the better.

We contacted our TA who contact the sole Oceania agent in Australia the day the cancellation was announced. We had advised our TA of our 2nd choices of cruises so she was prepard for them to give us a quote on the 2 new cruises. So far we have not been given a pricing on our 2nd choices. When our TA phoned again yesterday (Tuesday in Aust) she was told that hopefully they would have a pricing/offer for us by this coming Friday. But the agent also added or it could be sometime next week.

Our 1st and 2nd choice of cabin Cat. have now disappeared from the website and are not even waitlisted. We are so annoyed that after having 3 cruises cancelled that they cannot book us cabins on our 2nd choice cruises. I might add that we had paid for in full for our cruises, so they have our $$$.

Then when our TA protest the length of time they were taken the Oceania rep told her that if we really wanted to make sure we get a cabin on those cruises we should pay another 2 deposits to secure them. Which I might add is $1200pp.

They must be joking if they think they are getting any more from us until they price/adjust etc the 2 requested cruise.

How hard can it be. The 2 cruises are both the same length of time 12 days and 10 days. Same ship. Vacant cabins showing. No air to price etc etc.

Ok we had a few OBC due to the cancellation of the April 14 cruise + B2B discount + a special 10% discount from Marina last year.

BUT really any idiot could work it out. I really dont think we are being impatient. We have worked out what we think it fares should be so why cant they. We also have previous booked International/European flights + a land tour of Turkey booked and paid for so we have to try and juggle all these to avoid loosing money and leave from our work.

I just wish someone would contact us to discuss all this - they are pis...g me off big time.

We contacted our TA who contact the sole Oceania agent in Australia the day the cancellation was announced. We had advised our TA of our 2nd choices of cruises so she was prepard for them to give us a quote on the 2 new cruises. So far we have not been given a pricing on our 2nd choices. When our TA phoned again yesterday (Tuesday in Aust) she was told that hopefully they would have a pricing/offer for us by this coming Friday. But the agent also added or it could be sometime next week.

Our 1st and 2nd choice of cabin Cat. have now disappeared from the website and are not even waitlisted. We are so annoyed that after having 3 cruises cancelled that they cannot book us cabins on our 2nd choice cruises. I might add that we had paid for in full for our cruises, so they have our $$$.

Then when our TA protest the length of time they were taken the Oceania rep told her that if we really wanted to make sure we get a cabin on those cruises we should pay another 2 deposits to secure them. Which I might add is $1200pp.

They must be joking if they think they are getting any more from us until they price/adjust etc the 2 requested cruise.

How hard can it be. The 2 cruises are both the same length of time 12 days and 10 days. Same ship. Vacant cabins showing. No air to price etc etc.

Ok we had a few OBC due to the cancellation of the April 14 cruise + B2B discount + a special 10% discount from Marina last year.

BUT really any idiot could work it out. I really dont think we are being impatient. We have worked out what we think it fares should be so why cant they. We also have previous booked International/European flights + a land tour of Turkey booked and paid for so we have to try and juggle all these to avoid loosing money and leave from our work.

I just wish someone would contact us to discuss all this - they are pis...g me off big time.

You're right, they're treating you shamefully :mad:

We were told by a Delta CSR and a supervisor plus the same on Air France that we needed to begin our flight one year from the purchase date which in our case was September of last year.

Pearl

Hmm. I wonder if policies have changed, or I just got lucky (I have done it with domestic flights). I'm sorry things happened this way for you.

You're right, they're treating you shamefully :mad:

Maybe they are ashamed of the way they have acted.

I received a phone call late this afternoon from a lady at the Oceania Office in Sydney to say that they will have prices for the 3 cruises we wish to do tomorrow including a full itemised statement taking into account our previous discounts for B2B, booking onboard etc & OBC etc for our now 3 cancelled cruises.

I have to say she was very nice and said there was no excuse for why it had taken so long. She gave me her direct line to call anytime we had a problem.(she might be sorry about doing that between now and June)

She advised me that for these 3 cruises she intended to cut out the wholesaler and deal direct with us and our TA. Thank god for that. They are the ones who bump up the prices, damand the higher deposit and then keep $500 of the deposit if you cancel/change your booking & also demand that the balance be paid approx 4 weeks before our US/Canadian cruisers are required to pay.

She also had a copy of the quote this wholesaler had sent to our TA yesterday and told me she was very surprised at the costing they had given us.

She also confirmed that she had managed today to secure us the Cabin Cat on the first 2 cruises that we wanted even if on a guarantee, but that is better than having to waitlist. Now just have to wait to see if we can secure at least a balcony cabin on the September cruise. At this stage they only have oceanviews available - but we have time to work on that.

So hopefully by this time tomorrow we will have an acceptable pricing.

Funny that I got this call the day after I vented on CC.:rolleyes:

Archived