One item not to forget, would be?

JoTop

It helps to lay things out before you pack, especially clothes. On a previous cruise, I packed my suit and tie, but forgot to pack a dress shirt. Oops! And ever since I can remember, I've always packed one pair of socks and underwear more than what I needed. So if we're on a seven day cruise, I'd pack eight instead of seven. May be more of a "superstition" than anything else. A little sewing kit is good to have in case you have to sew on a button or something.

I got our Boca Clips from amazon.com. There is a shipping charge, but if you by several, the shipping charge barely goes up. I got 4 sets and the shipping only changed by about $1.50. We love them and had so many people commenting on them last cruise we were on.

I agree with the poster that said Binoculars were the "must have" item.:)

A book (I bring my Kindle)

Chargers

A hat for ports (your non-sun burnt face will thank you)

I always bring a bunch of singles as well, for porter and room service tips. Saves time going to passenger services.

I always take a small note book- there's usually something you want to remember, such as the Orca leaping in the Bay of Biscay, or the unusual starter we had in the speciality restaurant.....I've jotted down ferry times from Greek islands and Vigo, and answered questions on forums about these since.

If we're flying, I take some really cheapo supermarket toothpaste for the last day, after cases are out, then ditch it in the morning....saves agro at the airport!

Jo.

1. Passport

2. Credit card(s) & Money

3. phone and phone charger

4. Small power strip

5. first aid/OTC meds (cold, stomach, band-aids, etc.)

6. Feminine Products (sorry)

Anything else can be bought or gotten from ship. I've had to ask for a needle and thread, small scissors, a piece of duct tape. I've bought sunglasses, sunscreen, water wallet so it can be replaced. On one cruise, my son-in-law discovered at dinner time he had forgotten dark socks for formal night and the shops were closed and my daughter was in the midst of a meltdown.

• 4 weeks later...
It helps to lay things out before you pack, especially clothes. On a previous cruise, I packed my suit and tie, but forgot to pack a dress shirt. Oops!

Not always. On one of our cruises my wife forget to pack my oh-so-nicely-laid-out casual shirts, leaving me with only my formal night dress shirt and the one casual I wore to embark. For most that wouldn't be a big deal, except I wear a size one can't just walk into most stores and expect to find, so I was stuck with only those two. I wore the dress shirt when on board, and the casual shirt on shore. Luckily that cruise was only 4 nights, so it wasn't an unbearable inconvenience, but don't tell DW that! I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that incident ;) and now of course my shirts are the first thing that gets packed for any trip we take.

Not always. On one of our cruises my wife forget to pack my oh-so-nicely-laid-out casual shirts, leaving me with only my formal night dress shirt and the one casual I wore to embark. For most that wouldn't be a big deal, except I wear a size one can't just walk into most stores and expect to find, so I was stuck with only those two. I wore the dress shirt when on board, and the casual shirt on shore. Luckily that cruise was only 4 nights, so it wasn't an unbearable inconvenience, but don't tell DW that! I've gotten a lot of mileage out of that incident ;) and now of course my shirts are the first thing that gets packed for any trip we take.

Best way to avoid that is, if you've got a place such as a spare bedroom, lay out your clothes beside your suitcase, and use a checklist if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget your passport, cash, credit card and boarding documents.

Oh yah, don't forget your DW, DH, travel companion if you have one........

You can manage for anything else.

I always pack my travel journal. I write every day what we have done during the day and add small pictures and tickets etc. It's really nice to read it later after the trip.;)

If your DD has a favorite card game (go fish or whatever kids play) or a favorite board game, she may want to take that along so if she finds other kids to play with, they can play it. The cruise ships don't always have anything much more than checkers it seems like. Trivial Pursuit, Clue, Risk or one of the games for older folks might be enjoyed, too. We like The Farming Game, but that is is fairly obscure. Still, you have folks and you have time, may as well see if other folks would enjoy it, too.

I'm getting ready to start putting together my..."don't forget to pack list". If you were to pack one thing, what would it be? Also, have a 10 yr old DD....what should she pack and why?

Definetely don't forget chargers for your electronics.....:):):)

Bob

sun screenDo not forget the back ofyou knees, ankles and bottom of your feet you ca walk. I remembr seeing people who had rentd bikes or scoters come back after a day out and ther legs red and buring and the poor people not able to walk

Archived