LIVE from the Grand Princess - 14 days - February 4 - 18, 2012

Pia1913

Hello Pia,

Hope the clouds pass quickly and the sun shines for the voyage. Thanks for the comments. Love your posts though I'm mainly a lurker on Princess boards.

Joining Grand Princess Feb 11 for 1st Princess cruise - so need a vacation.

Linda

Hi, Pia! Glad to see you are back to doing your favorite thing. Who will be your guests at the Captain's Circle party this time? We sure enjoyed it on the Pacific with you. I wonder where I would fall with my 330 days. It's been cloudy here, too with very little or no rain. Happy to hear Mike is doing well.

Good Tuesday morning, as we merrily glide along towards St. Maarten. The sun is shining, the seas are calm and the gym was crowded. We are due to arrive at 10 AM and depart at 6:30. Our short stay in San Juan yesterday turned out to be very short for us. We got off the ship about 4:30, walked over to CVS, bought a few items and then back on board. The sun had come out, but at 6:10 it was already getting dark. We had no interest in seeing the folkloric show, so opted to see “In Time” on MUTS. Strange movie which we never figured out, since it started to rain ½ hour into it and we decided to take our popcorn “home” and watch TV instead.

To the person who asked about which evenings dinner was Caribbean Night, it was tonight. The same jerk chicken and rice and beans were served in HC and we could therefore go to dinner wearing shorts.

There is absolutely nothing going on today for those who elect to stay on board. We’ll get off for a bit later in the morning or early afternoon, walk around, and most likely buy nothing. The evening entertainment will be our favorite show (NOT!) Motor City (they are doing it in Vista, which is another perspective but still Motor City) and a movie in the theater Ides of March. Not sure whether or not we’ve seen it, but willing to again since we like George Clooney. Later in the evening will be a Caribbean deck party for those hearty souls who like to eat and drink late at night.

Linda: Be sure to join our M & G on the next cruise and introduce yourself

Jim: Too funny.

Caryn: Our guests will be the two couples we’ve traveled with previously; on the Ruby.

Amelia: So far, those lighted key chains and pens. And I heard they gave lanyards at the trivia that conflicted with our M & G.

Seadeck: Everyone gets a bag; doesn't matter which cabin you have

See y'all later.

I have put one of those lighted key rings onto our lanyards. After the disaster with the Concordia, I figure having a flashlight handy is a good idea. See how in works in April.

A brilliant idea, and just a little funny. On my lanyard is my room key, a luggage tag with a coffee card in it, and now a flashlight! Got any ideas how we can hang those pens? :D

Hi Folks: This is just a quickie while I’m remembering the information. Someone had asked about Italian night, and that’s what’s on tap tonight. Also, in case anyone cares, in port with us today is NCL Epic and RCI Navigator of the Seas. Yesterday in San Juan our neighbors were Celebrity Equinox and Seabourn Spirit. Boy would I like to cruise on that one (Spirit), but a little too much $$$ for us.

We tied at trivia again and lost the second tiebreaker. I hate when they don’t ask a regular question and instead ask you their age. We did win the Wake Show prize drink of the day. They pick 4 correct responses and both of our cards were pulled. Such important information that you all needed to know. :rolleyes:

It’s very windy here in St. Maarten and also a bit humid. We got off; we got back on - end of story. :p

Paul and Amelia: hahaha

Barb: yes, we are always careful

Pia, did sign up for Meet & Greet Mon 13th -- but didn't see your name on the list. By the way, would you recommend Sabatinis and or Crown Grl?

To anyone - Where do you find that key chain - great idea - with little flashlight?

Thanks,

Linda

Pia,

Can you comment on the live music on board....piano player in Crooners. pool band, Wheelhouse or other dancing venue bands?

Crusinpeg

Aoso I noticed your mention of entertainment in the Vista...what do the have going on in Explorers?

Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your posts so much! I am really looking forward to the second half of your trip because we are booked on the March 3rd sailing. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for you later in your trip. Have a great time!

Hi pia,

I just started reading your blog. Too bad we get on when you get off. Congrats on being number 1. Infor about the coffee Card- I have the one from the TA. It doesn't even have one punch. Will it be honored for the trip and can it be used on other trips? Have you bumped into our friend? I love reading your blog. Stan always likes the seafood buffet the first night. I will tell him that you didn't have it this time. Have a great time.

Alice

For the coffee card,I ended up haveing to talk to the superviser,on the Grand (i just got off)as everyone you asked had a different answer.What she told me ,is if you have a card with NO punches used ,they will give you a new card to use for your cruise,they write the date on the back an you can use it for that cruise for you brewed coffee.

Archived