Had to cancel cruise

geocruiser

I canceled our 3/4/12 Ruby cruise. My husband got very ill after getting off Crown Princess 1/28/12. He still has a ways to go to get better. I pick up what he has taking care of him. Our Dr told us to cancel (which we were going to due). She is afraid of him being so run down that he may catch something else. We were also going to cancel because it is just NOT right to the other PAX to get on board after we are so ill. We have two week to mend, but why call it so close.

So now we will have to go back to planning another cruise for later in the year!

You know alot of people would have just gone ahead and not cancelled and boarded and hoped for the best. That is the way it spreads alot to. Thank you for being so thoughtful and cancelling. I hope when you do get to book, your next cruise will be extra special to the both of you. Get well soon!!!

I canceled our 3/4/12 Ruby cruise. My husband got very ill after getting off Crown Princess 1/28/12. He still has a ways to go to get better. I pick up what he has taking care of him. Our Dr told us to cancel (which we were going to due). She is afraid of him being so run down that he may catch something else. We were also going to cancel because it is just NOT right to the other PAX to get on board after we are so ill. We have two week to mend, but why call it so close.

So now we will have to go back to planning another cruise for later in the year!

geocruiser: I am sorry to hear about your continued illness after sailing on the Crown Princess 1/28-2/4. DH and I were also on that cruise; he had Noro symptoms for about 12 hours, but I was alright. That said, we have both been stricken with horrible colds/bronchitis since the Monday following our return from Fort Lauderdale. We heard a lot of coughing and sneezing on our flight to Detroit and figure that we picked up the nasty bug on the plane. Whatever this is, it's put us out of commission for several days each :( As much as we enjoy our winter getaways, we're thinking that we should have just stayed home in Michigan where winter hasn't really arrived.

Be well soon.

Chris

I'm sorry you had to cancel, but look on the bright side: now you get to pore over the Cruise Atlas, picking another cruise! To me, that planning is at least half the fun.

Also, the fish were going to miss you, what with going away again so soon.

geocruiser: I am sorry to hear about your continued illness after sailing on the Crown Princess 1/28-2/4. DH and I were also on that cruise; he had Noro symptoms for about 12 hours, but I was alright. That said, we have both been stricken with horrible colds/bronchitis since the Monday following our return from Fort Lauderdale. We heard a lot of coughing and sneezing on our flight to Detroit and figure that we picked up the nasty bug on the plane. Whatever this is, it's put us out of commission for several days each :( As much as we enjoy our winter getaways, we're thinking that we should have just stayed home in Michigan where winter hasn't really arrived.

Be well soon.

Chris

Thank you for the well wishes. We also have the horrible colds/bronchitis. The Dr. gave my husband two shots and two kinds of Rx's to take. I just got one med. I got to the Dr sooner then he did. But my nodes are hurting!

Thank you all for the good wishes. We decided to cancel pretty fast. We are seniors and don't need to go away sick. I know that there are lots of people on this ship who don't need this colds/bronchitis. On a ship with so many people it can spread like wild fire. We could not live with our selves is we were the cause of others getting sick.

We were going to meet my husband's college room mate and his wife on board. They are sitll going. Which we are happy about. I hope that some one from the roll call does a live thread so I can have an on line vacation.

PS

I will come to CC to feed my fish!

My DH got that bad cold/virus in early Dec in Florida visiting family. Went to the Dr. twice in Florida and twice when we got home. At home in Maryland, friends also had the cough and it lasted almost a month. Thankfully over by our cruise the 2nd week of Jan. but there are some nasty germs out there. I think they spread on the cruise ships but also the grocery store and drugstore and :eek: the Dr's office too.

I think you were wise to cancel until you are sure that you both are well. Sometimes now that we are more home than at schools and work maybe we don't have the resistance that we had when we were under constant exposure. 3 colleges in the DC area had "official" norovirus outbreaks this week as well as several secondary schools. Afraid to breathe while out of the house:p

You know alot of people would have just gone ahead and not cancelled and boarded and hoped for the best. That is the way it spreads alot to. Thank you for being so thoughtful and cancelling. I hope when you do get to book, your next cruise will be extra special to the both of you. Get well soon!!!

I agree.....very thoughtful and sensible. Thank you

Thank you all for your kind wiards. We are still on the mend. I still have a fever and DH ist still sick too. He has been in full bloom with this for 12 days.

We are very happy tht we cancel. Just better for all.

When I responded to your original post, I thought you meant that you and your DH still had symptoms of Noro. If you've both had this long-lasting cold/brochitis thing that we've got, it's certainly possible that we caught this onboard the ship, too. DH's started the Monday following our return; mine has been going strong since Wednesday, 2/8. I have asthma and worry that this respiratory illness will set off an episode that will last for months :eek:

Sorry that you have to miss your next cruise, but you did the right thing by canceling. Feel better soon.

Chris

Archived