7 ships in Port Everglades today, enough Taxi?

Karlie1

I was watching Port Everglades live web cam this morning, I counted the ships(7). I started wondering about Taxi's to Airport. I have never sailed out of FLL only Miami. In Dec, Miami had 4 ships and seemed to be enough taxi's. 7 ships would be 14,000 - 20,000 people getting off at same time. Planning a trip this fall out of Evergades, I always fly in a day ahead but fly out the day we arrive back. Just wondering about ride to airport.

I was watching Port Everglades live web cam this morning, I counted the ships(7). I started wondering about Taxi's to Airport. I have never sailed out of FLL only Miami. In Dec, Miami had 4 ships and seemed to be enough taxi's. 7 ships would be 14,000 - 20,000 people getting off at same time. Planning a trip this fall out of Evergades, I always fly in a day ahead but fly out the day we arrive back. Just wondering about ride to airport.

There will be plenty of taxis. They make a constant loop between cruiseport and airport (or hotels). As you get off the ship there will be an area for people wanting taxis and the taxis will come one after the other. If you are going to the airport it's about $15.00 - $20.00 and takes less than 10 mins. We have found it to be very well organized.

March 17 and 18 will both have much higher loads than today. When you look at the passenger count on cruisett, today is only slightly higher than an average weekend day. We disembarked on one of their busiest days last winter (Jan 15, 2011) and there wasn't any issue with taxis.

We were there on January 28th when I counted 8 ships but was told that there were 11 ships in....and there was not problem as long as you didn't need a van cab....which we did.

We cruised out of Port Canaveral last year, having flown into Oakland....and when we went to hire a car service, were told that since we had 5 suitcases (I think) we needed to have a minivan or stretch limo pr something like that...Maybe I have the details wrong but I know we couldn't get an "ordinary town car" to take us. We wound up in a Yukon SUV or something similar.

We cruised out of Port Canaveral last year, having flown into Oakland....and when we went to hire a car service, were told that since we had 5 suitcases (I think) we needed to have a minivan or stretch limo pr something like that...Maybe I have the details wrong but I know we couldn't get an "ordinary town car" to take us. We wound up in a Yukon SUV or something similar.

I really don't know anthing about the taxis in Port Canaveral, but this thread relates to Port Everglades.

Never had a problem getting a taxi at Port Everglades. 7 ships on a weekend are not at all unusual but many of the taxis are simply doing fast loops over to the airport so the taxi queue never seems to end.

Hank

The only time it has been slow for us ( and this was going to port not leaving) was on December 23 (I'm sure the 24th was worse) BUT it only took an extra 15 minutes longer and cost $5 more. It seemed longer sitting in traffic but it is so close. We have never been there with less than 7 ships in port.

Archived