Wow...that was wierd....

First of all, what a coincidence! Or maybe not, since all the "cruisers in the know" are over here.

Seems to me the only fair way to settle this would be to give the cabin to the cruiser who put the deposit on it first, and give some generous OBC and/or an upgrade to the party that has to change cabins.

This goes to show that "there's two sides to every story."

To both the OP and the PP, I hope the situation gets resolved in a manner that makes both of you satisfied and ready to enjoy your cruise!

Well said, amzgirl. I feel for both bookers of #1100, (particularly having had #1100 on the Radiance, and I booked it 543 days from sailing). I agree, first deposit should have the rights to it. I'm sure that island lady had no idea of this situation that someone else had already booked it. RCI needs to step up and do the right thing for both parties involved. Phoenix, one may have heartburn, but one will have heartbreak. Let's change the thread name to 'Wow...this is unbelievable...'

First of all, what a coincidence! Or maybe not, since all the "cruisers in the know" are over here.

Seems to me the only fair way to settle this would be to give the cabin to the cruiser who put the deposit on it first, and give some generous OBC and/or an upgrade to the party that has to change cabins.

This goes to show that "there's two sides to every story."

To both the OP and the PP, I hope the situation gets resolved in a manner that makes both of you satisfied and ready to enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! So do I.

Glad I'm not sharing the hallway with both parties. Could be the coming of the second ice age if you get my drift.

LOL...no doubt. Too funny. :)

I don't know if I'd call what she wrote trash talk or even offensive. She had no idea someone had booked the cabin before her. She was simply amazed that someone would ask her to switch from a cabin she had booked (under the impression it was open and available when she did). I think most of us are protective of the cabins we want once we get them.

That said, Royal had better compensate one or both of you for their mistake - I'm sorry for both of you because I know how important cabin selection can be!

You're right, maybe "offended" wasn't the right word. I should have used 'upset', and yes, we are protective of the cabins we want. And right again, she had no idea that someone had already booked the cabin when she did. But she implied more than once that she was getting the boot just because B2B'ers wanted it, and for no other reason than that. To be honest, I'm not interested in a B2B if I have to change cabins. It isn't what I had in mind when I booked this cruise.

Nancy

We are the ones who are trying to kick :rolleyes: you out of that cabin.

Uhhh.... awkward!.... :o You know what, Nancy? I've been here 6 years now and for me, this is the biggest "Yikes!" moment I've ever read on this board. Wow. :eek:

...I hope the situation gets resolved in a manner that makes both of you satisfied and ready to enjoy your cruise!

Agreed. I think everyone here feels the same way. :)

Thanks! So do I.

LOL...no doubt. Too funny. :)

You're right, maybe "offended" wasn't the right word. I should have used 'upset', and yes, we are protective of the cabins we want. And right again, she had no idea that someone had already booked the cabin when she did. But she implied more than once that she was getting the boot just because B2B'ers wanted it, and for no other reason than that. To be honest, I'm not interested in a B2B if I have to change cabins. It isn't what I had in mind when I booked this cruise.

Nancy

Why wouldn't she think that? That's what the rep TOLD her, she had no idea that you had already booked it. Hopefully this will get rectified to suit both parties.

would you two agree to do rock-paper-scissors for the room?

I wouldn't because I never understood that game. I have no idea what beats what, lol.

Well said, amzgirl. I feel for both bookers of #1100, (particularly having had #1100 on the Radiance, and I booked it 543 days from sailing). I agree, first deposit should have the rights to it. I'm sure that island lady had no idea of this situation that someone else had already booked it. RCI needs to step up and do the right thing for both parties involved. Phoenix, one may have heartburn, but one will have heartbreak. Let's change the thread name to 'Wow...this is unbelievable...'

I couldn't agree more with heartburn vs heartbreak. ;)

Why wouldn't she think that? That's what the rep TOLD her, she had no idea that you had already booked it. Hopefully this will get rectified to suit both parties.

Ugh. It's been a LONG day, and it's showing. I don't feel like going back and editing my post, but I meant to add that was the tone I read in her posts. It's hard to interpret words at times, you know? Like I said, it's been a LONG day. :o

Nancy

I don't think that Royal Caribbean had any idea that the two parties in question would have any way to hear " the other side of the story"! One idea is to use this new knowledge to both of your benefit. You could individually, or together, call Crown and Anchor reps and demand resolution to the satisfaction of you both. Maybe OP could get a GS and Nancy could get her corner aft? Just an idea.......I hope this will work to both of your benefit, because clearly RCL is the one at fault in this situation.

I don't think that Royal Caribbean had any idea that the two parties in question would have any way to hear " the other side of the story"! One idea is to use this new knowledge to both of your benefit. You could individually, or together, call Crown and Anchor reps and demand resolution to the satisfaction of you both. Maybe OP could get a GS and Nancy could get her corner aft? Just an idea.......I hope this will work to both of your benefit, because clearly RCL is the one at fault in this situation.

Totally agree. The question is "why is RCL not solving this dilemma"? :confused:

I don't think either party should be upset with the other...they should both be upset with RCI. Unless of course, teh travel agen t messed up and didn't book the same came for both weeks. Does the B2B party have any copies of paperwork from RCI to show that room was booked for both weeks? What a crappy situation for everyone involved!

Got a call from RCI today, asking if I could switch my treasured aft cabin #1100 during our

Valentines day cruise on the Jewel to allow a B2B cruiser to keep their cabin. They have

1602 and want to kick us out of our cabin so they would not have to move. Geeez...

I would love to accomodate them, but this is the first time I could snag this cabin and it

is during Valentines day. For those that know this Radiance class cabin...ummm...this

would be hard to give up.

I said no. Can you say "Snooze you lose".... :eek: ;) If you want it...book it early.

Just thought that was wierd anyway. I asked the RCI rep if she had ever been on any

of the Radiance class ships, and did she know the difference between 1100 and 1602.

"No...never been on one". Yeah... :rolleyes:

I talked to one of the reps the other day.....they were in Oregon and he said they had never been on a RCCL ship.........you would think they would give them a FAM trip.

RCI should have done everything they reasonably could to solve this... Uhhh... awkward situation! I think that includes an offer of a very nice upgrade (even if OP might not accept). I feel for both parties and I'm just as baffled as everyone else about that strange call from RCI.

As an aside, crazy that both parties are on CC! What are the odds...

Uhhh.... awkward!.... :o You know what, Nancy? I've been here 6 years now and for me, this is the biggest "Yikes!" moment I've ever read on this board.

Me too! What a moment and as other posters have stated, maybe you both can use this to your advantage?!

To be honest, I'm not interested in a B2B if I have to change cabins. It isn't what I had in mind when I booked this cruise.

Nancy

I agree! When I book a B2B, I try to get the same room both weeks. To those who have not had to change rooms, how would you like to do it?

This is a no brainer! Royal Caribbean should have called Island Lady and explained the problem. She would have to move! OBC or better room should be offered for the mistake. Royal Caribbean should not try to pass the blame on to someone else.

Royal Caribbean wants you to book early and when you do, they give your room away!?

I do feel for Island Lady. She did no wrong and due to Royal Caribbean's mistake, now has to move. I hope she makes them pay for the mistake!

I hope this issue can be worked out.

I talked to one of the reps the other day.....they were in Oregon and he said they had never been on a RCCL ship.........you would think they would give them a FAM trip.

I've heard (from more than one rep) that they get a free cruise after working for RCI for a year.

RCI should have done everything they reasonably could to solve this... Uhhh... awkward situation! I think that includes an offer of a very nice upgrade (even if OP might not accept). I feel for both parties and I'm just as baffled as everyone else about that strange call from RCI.

As an aside, crazy that both parties are on CC! What are the odds...

Cruiselines call guests that have booked for a variety of reasons. Someone may try to obtain the other (booked) half of connecting staterooms to accommodate their family. And I have friends who were offered a nice upgrade and OBC (good deal, btw) to cancel their cruise and go another week. They said no, as they'd already arranged for vacation time and purchased their air tickets. The cruiseline said it was an 'overbooking situation'.

I don't think either party should be upset with the other...they should both be upset with RCI. Unless of course, teh travel agen t messed up and didn't book the same came for both weeks.

Yes, I was thinking the same, neither are at fault. And if island lady were to get a GS (1600?) and be good with that, and Nancy some nice OBC (for the heartburn!), this appears to be the way to resolve this in the fairest way possible.

Regarding payment, once the deposit is made to the TA there wouldn't be another payment due until final. And final on a Valentine's cruise wouldn't be due until toward the end of this year. Payments made to a TA are given to the cruiseline by the TA and on time. And if the TA is late collecting and/or getting the payment to the cruiseline, then a fax is sent to notify the TA. Btw, Nancy stated that she has deposit confirmations for both weeks for #1100...and just this past weekend found they were booked into #1602 for one of the weeks of their B2B. :confused:

Got a call from RCI today, asking if I could switch my treasured aft cabin #1100 during our

Valentines day cruise on the Jewel to allow a B2B cruiser to keep their cabin. They have

1602 and want to kick us out of our cabin so they would not have to move. ...

Does no one think that it is strange that the RCI rep told the OP the cabin number of the party that wanted their cabin? This would make me very uncomfortable if I was booked in 1602.

Wow is right! I'm only going to address the comments that I highlighted in red, because those are the ones that offend me the most.

We are the ones who are trying to kick :rolleyes: you out of that cabin. We booked that cruise, along with the following week, back on May 18, 2011. I just discovered over the weekend that somehow we've ended up in 1602 for week 1. I contacted my TA today, I have the confirmation showing that we have a deposit paid on that cabin for BOTH weeks, and I've asked him to try to get it settled. I'm not sure how this happened, but like you, I'd like to get it resolved. I understand that you're upset with this, as am I, but I'm not exactly thrilled with being booted out of a cabin that I put a deposit on almost 10 months ago. We've sailed enough that we know if we want a coveted cabin, we need to book it early, and we did. For you to assume that we don't know any better is just that, an assumption. I clearly didn't follow the thought of "you snooze you lose". As far as I knew, I held that cabin. I'm not really interested in spending turn around day moving from one cabin to another, regardless of how far it is. Part of the fun of a B2B is NOT having to pack.

If you recall, I posted on our roll call a few weeks ago that we had booked that cruise a while back. I see you posted again today on the roll call that a "b2b pax" was trying to keep the cabin. That's true, I am. Surely you can understand my angst, as I do yours, but to go trash talk it without knowing ALL the facts is not very nice. :( You can bet that I'm just as upset about this as you are, if not more so.

Nancy

Well, according to one of island lady's earlier posts on CC, she "booked" the cabin just this January, so RC has ROYALLY messed up!

Does no one think that it is strange that the RCI rep told the OP the cabin number of the party that wanted their cabin? This would make me very uncomfortable if I was booked in 1602.

That was indeed another thing I thought was strange. Now I am suddenly in an awkward

situation, with no fault of my own.

Archived