The Definitive Beer Bag Thread

• 5 months later...
Humble suggestion: people who come back from cruises (or have sailed recently) who know whether their ship had the beer bag special should post whether their ship had it... otherwise, hah, we just end up with "I'm going on _____ ship, do they have it???" 500 times as someone above me noted lol. Perhaps we can even start a list!

I was on Oasis in November and they had it.

So far we've established:

HAS THEM

-Oasis

-Allure

DOESN'T

-Jewel

-Navigator

Freedom has them SOMETIMES. The food and beverage manager told me it was hit and miss on FOS. Mostly they don't have them but he said that about 1 or 2 times every few months he will get them in.

He also added that he wished he could have them all the time or order them because they always sell out the first day! But he had no way to really track when they would get them, only new a few days in advance.

Freedom had them on the last at sea day last week. Or at least that was the only time I had seen them. You are talking the yellow/blue bag correct? They had about 6 on a display they had out on the pool deck but they could have had more and maybe earlier on the cruise, I just did not see them before.:D

I have also heard that there were restrictions on the brands of beer you could get? I am not a fan of yellow fizzy water that often passes for beer, but would love the cooler/bag/purse. I had heard that on some ships you could only get them filled with Bud products, which is a deal breaker for me.

I have seen about six different threads about the beer bags on board the Royal Caribbean ships. Each one seems to contradict the other ones. Does anyone have an updated status on the beer bag (think beer bucket, only baggier) on ask ships? Possibly on the Allure? Thank you.

I also noticed that. I printed a pic and the prices from some one I can't remember who right now. The information that came along with the picture was "It's an insulated bag with a strap and a bottle opener. It's $35 for the initial purchase then $25 for refills. It's 8 beers. The choice are Bud,Bud Light, Bud Lime and Mich Ultra.

I'm not sure if this just adds to the confusion. I also want to purchase this on our Allure cruise next month.

Edited by love2cruise56

I also noticed that. I printed a pic and the prices from some one I can't remember who right now. The information that came along with the picture was "It's an insulated bag with a strap and a bottle opener. It's $35 for the initial purchase then $25 for refills. It's 8 beers. The choice are Bud,Bud Light, Bud Lime and Mich Ultra.

I'm not sure if this just adds to the confusion. I also want to purchase this on our Allure cruise next month.

Platinum is Bud Light so I am hoping that is included :D

• 4 weeks later...
So just curious..if we bring our bag that we got on Oasis this summer to our next cruise on Allure, will they refill it? Anyone have experience with this? Also, is it cheaper to get the daily special in a reg glass? Thx!

Yes! And I think each time you refill you get " 1 free" so it's a good deal, better than getting the cup. Also we were able to carry the closed bottles around have a drink even in the ( rare) places where there is not bar service. Like the secret decks in the Aquatheater on 10, 11 or on you balcony. The bag has an opener attached to it! I don't even drink beer and I bought it cause it's just so cool, but was with my cousin a beer drinker and it was very handy!

As far as DOD, it is usually cheaper than another frou frou drink, but not the cheapest thing you can find on the bar menu, if you are just going for the cheapest buzz. And the sounvenier glass is a rip off unless you collect them. It just increases the price of the drink, tell the bar tender you DON'T want the glass.

Edited by Familygoboston

• 3 months later...
None on Navigator 12/1 even though they were pictured on the bar menus. One bartender said they were coming but he didn't know when.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Asked on the 12/15 navigator sailing and was told they were "out of stock"