Laundry alert!

Today I saw a large basket of Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets discounted to $2 at my local supermarket. I always pack those in a zip-lock baggie so I won't have to pay for laundry detergent and fabric softener. I really hope that they aren't being discontinued! I bought several packs to save for future cruises.

Unfortunately, I believe they have been discontinued. They have come out with something similar to Tides pods. I am not a fan of Tide and love Purex. I love Purex sheets for travel and have bought several packages which should carry me through several trips. Will continue to buy the sheets to save for travel as long as I see them and will try the new pods after that. I only buy the "free" as neither my DH or I like perfume or additives in our laundry detergent.

I only use them for traveling, so the one package I bought has lasted several years, and I still have some left.

I'll be on the lookout though, and buy some more if I see them. I like them better than the 'pods' I'm seeing advertised--easier to transport.

No the packages are $1.00 (quarters) and the detergent is not my brand and I think it does not disolve very well. I love the purex 3 in 1 for travel. Thanks for the warning as I will buy ahead some.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Today I saw a large basket of Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets discounted to $2 at my local supermarket. I always pack those in a zip-lock baggie so I won't have to pay for laundry detergent and fabric softener. I really hope that they aren't being discontinued! I bought several packs to save for future cruises.

Those sound great! Where do you get them. I am in Canada and I have never heard of these.

Thanks

G

Those sound great! Where do you get them. I am in Canada and I have never heard of these.

Thanks

G

http://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complete-Laundry-Sheets-Package/dp/B007P5VEWQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1342980835&sr=8-14&keywords=purex+3+in+1+laundry+sheets

This will give you an idea of what they are--they come in different numbers but are now very hard to find in stores.

Thanks

G

I bought mine at Shopper's Drug Mart. We used them on our last cruise, The Emerald Princess. They work very well and were so easy to pack.

Thanks

G

I live in Gatineau, Quebec and found them at Shopper's Drug Mart (called Pharmaprix here). Good luck.

http://www.amazon.com/Purex-Complete-Laundry-Sheets-Package/dp/B007P5VEWQ/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1342980835&sr=8-14&keywords=purex+3+in+1+laundry+sheets

This will give you an idea of what they are--they come in different numbers but are now very hard to find in stores.

Thanks for the link. Not sure if Royal Caribbean has facilities but if not I can use them on another trip. Super travel idea.

Archived