Cruised Holland 15 years ago

DBColorado

I was in the same position as you a couple of years ago and started a thread on the same subject. Post #2 on that thread gives you the contacts to get the process started. If you know roughly the dates of your cruise and what ship you are on (probably knowing the itinerary and ship and even the year possibly could be enough) they are pretty good at figuring out what's in your records and bringing things up to date.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1186768

In my case they got back with a solution in less than a week.

Good luck

Roy

I am hoping someone can help me. I cruised on Holland America around 15 years ago. Would Holland still have a record of that? How would I find out if they do and what my Mariner number would be?

Thanks in advance!:)

The best way is to call their 800 number listed on the main site or email them, also listed in the contact section of their site.

I'd search the info out for you, but meds are kicking in and I am getting a bit loopy.

I know it is possible as someone on one of our Roll Calls did that about a year ago.

Sorry Roy, posting at the same time:) GMTA:)

Joanie

My first cruise was on the OLD Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam way back in August, 1972 on a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise - I was 14 and travelled with my parents. They got me my own private inside stateroom which believe it or not did not have a private bath - I had to go down the hall. This ship was built as an oceanliner in the 1930's and taken by the British during WWII to serve as a troop carrier. It was then returned to Holland America after the war and continued to be used as an oceanliner across the Atlantic until the late 60's when it was moved to the Caribbean until it was decomissioned about 5-6 years later. All this to say, about 8-10 years ago when my husband and I started cruising, I called Holland America and asked them if I could get Mariner credit for this cruise. Of course, I did not have any records to prove that I sailed and I don't think they had any records either; however, they took my word for it and gave me a Mariner number and the associated benefits. Now almost exactly 40 years later, my husband and I are leaving on a 14 day Caribbean cruise this Friday on the Maasdam and will visit a couple of islands I haven't seen since I was a young teenager. I know how much I've changed in 40 years, it will be interesting to see how much the islands have changed!

My first cruise was on the OLD Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam way back in August, 1972 on a 10 day Southern Caribbean cruise - I was 14 and travelled with my parents. They got me my own private inside stateroom which believe it or not did not have a private bath - I had to go down the hall. This ship was built as an oceanliner in the 1930's and taken by the British during WWII to serve as a troop carrier. It was then returned to Holland America after the war and continued to be used as an oceanliner across the Atlantic until the late 60's when it was moved to the Caribbean until it was decomissioned about 5-6 years later. All this to say, about 8-10 years ago when my husband and I started cruising, I called Holland America and asked them if I could get Mariner credit for this cruise. Of course, I did not have any records to prove that I sailed and I don't think they had any records either; however, they took my word for it and gave me a Mariner number and the associated benefits. Now almost exactly 40 years later, my husband and I are leaving on a 14 day Caribbean cruise this Friday on the Maasdam and will visit a couple of islands I haven't seen since I was a young teenager. I know how much I've changed in 40 years, it will be interesting to see how much the islands have changed!

Have a wonderful cruise.

My mother was on the old Cunard Countess back in 1978. When she applied to join the Cunard World Club, they told her that if she could send them a photo taken aboard, they might give her credit for that cruise. She did find a couple, one at the pool, and another at their table in the dining room, with their steward. She sent them in, along with a letter of explanation. About three weeks later, she received her World Club card with credit for that cruise, and her photo's back.....:)

If your name and phone number haven't changed - it makes it easier. If you have moved or changed names be sure to provide them with the 'old' name and phone number and the old address. It was over 12 years from the last time I sailed with HAL when i began sailing with her again and they had no problem finding my mariner number at all:D:D (scary)

My mother was on the old Cunard Countess back in 1978. When she applied to join the Cunard World Club, they told her that if she could send them a photo taken aboard, they might give her credit for that cruise. She did find a couple, one at the pool, and another at their table in the dining room, with their steward. She sent them in, along with a letter of explanation. About three weeks later, she received her World Club card with credit for that cruise, and her photo's back.....:)

Great story!!

Call Holland america mariners society they will help. I cruised on the ship called the rotterdam back in 1979 and they had record of it. Although they had me as being deceased we quickly got that squard away.

My first cruise on HAL was in 1993. My next one was in 2007 (yes I know...too long in between but I have made up for it since) When I called HAL (their regular phone number) to make the reservation in 2007 they had my husbands and my mariner number right there and made the reservation. I didn't have to do anything special.

Archived