No Maasdam???

sail7seas

I keep checking the HAL site and still, NO indication where Maasdam will be after April 2013.

Other ships have itineraries indicated but nothing for Maasdam.

What's up?

Anyone know where she will be? What itineraries?

Thanks if you can help.

This is odd. I just poked around the cruise finder, and I see that Veendam has no listings for May and June. She can't be due for another drydock already, can she? In July she's doing Voyage of the Vikings, which I believe has previously been a Maasdam itinerary. I hate to speculate, knowing how you love your B2Bs on Maasdam, but I wonder if they're moving Veendam to the Canada route and still figuring out where to use Maasdam?

This is odd. I just poked around the cruise finder, and I see that Veendam has no listings for May and June. She can't be due for another drydock already, can she? In July she's doing Voyage of the Vikings, which I believe has previously been a Maasdam itinerary. I hate to speculate, knowing how you love your B2Bs on Maasdam, but I wonder if they're moving Veendam to the Canada route and still figuring out where to use Maasdam?

That well could be the end of our Canada/New England cruises.

I never say never but I have particular desire to sail Veendam after her modifications.

It does seem decisions are being made re: those Canada cruises or why nothing yet announced?

Veendam is doing Bermuda this May and June.

I certainly hope they don't take Maasdam off the New England run.

Do all the other ships show itineraries for 2013 when the New England cruises would take place?

I have seen this chart but when going to the HAL site and use the 'find a cruise' feature, Maasdam is not listed though all other ships are.

I don't know that chart is reliable.

There seems to be some 'mystery' about schedules regarding Maasdam after April 2013. Leaves some room for speculation...... :D

Let's start a rumor!

I hear she's being sent over to Cunard and renamed Carpathia...

...and soon after, Ryndam and Statendam will go over as well and be renamed Carinthia and Caronia.

;)

Let's start a rumor!

...and soon after, Ryndam and Statendam will go over as well and be renamed Carinthia and Caronia.

;)

Start a different rumor. :cool: I was just on QM2, and the Commodore said there are NO plans for a fourth Cunard ship. And while I applaud your appreciation of the Cunard naming convention, I think they're now sticking with Queens and not Roman provinces. (There had been rumors/wishful thinking of a Queen Anne to be the 4th Cunard ship)

Start a different rumor. :cool: I was just on QM2, and the Commodore said there are NO plans for a fourth Cunard ship. And while I applaud your appreciation of the Cunard naming convention, I think they're now sticking with Queens and not Roman provinces. (There had been rumors/wishful thinking of a Queen Anne to be the 4th Cunard ship)

Even if they were to be painted green?

;)

Well in any case, I also hear Costa could use a "New" ship or three...

that's 'MY' Maasdam you're talking about.

You still have your Noordam, My Dear...

:)

The chart is interesting (evenif we can't count on it). Wasn't there some speculation that Veendam would join Maasdam on the Canada run because it was so popular?

Yes, there was......... is.

It just seems odd the HAL site shows no scheduling for Maasdam post April 2013.

Even if they were to be painted green?

;)

Well in any case, I also hear Costa could use a "New" ship or three...

[/b][/size][/font]

You still have your Noordam, My Dear...

:)

Can one ever have too many cruise ships, daaaalink? :D

Two is but the start of a nice size fleet. :eek: :D

I'm not greedy..... I've stopped at two. :o

I have been checking Veendam and Maasdam dates after April 2013 almost daily on HAL site, and I was kind of hoping it would be released when they had the system maintenance on Sunday, which it didn't happen.

I remembered DBA mentioned in a recent post that he "knew" it but can't release the information until it is public.

Oh well, just keep on checking.:o

I am hearing that the Veendam will definitely be doing the Canada/New England for 2013 but unknown as of right now what Maasdam will be doing but I am thinking they might have both doing this itinerary opposite weeks or they may place the Maasdam in Europe.

Let's start a rumor!

;)

You're six days too early!;)

Maybe RCCL is buying her for a tender so they can have Oasis/Allure go to more than four ports. :)

Did you see the photo of Maasdam docked at Crown Bay in first dock and Oasis shown behind her in the photo.

Maasdam came in after Oasis and Captain 'parked' her so beautifull, she was centered with close to equal distance aft of her on Oasis as forward on Oasis. Photo was taken from up in the hills and it's a riot.......

Maasdam looks like Oasis' tender!!!

That photo made it into everyone's e-mail box and was a riot. I think someone posted it here on CC. GREAT fun!

I am hearing that the Veendam will definitely be doing the Canada/New England for 2013 but unknown as of right now what Maasdam will be doing but I am thinking they might have both doing this itinerary opposite weeks or they may place the Maasdam in Europe.

Sumpin, Sumpin is Up with the beautiful and elegant, ms Maasdam. :)

By opposite weeks, do you mean one would sail from Montreal and the same week, the other would sail from Boston? They would both be doing the round trip in two weeks but begin and end in alternating ports?

Archived