Oh NO! Another tipping question!

IndyDenise

I will be cruising the Eastern Med. in three weeks aboard Noordam.

I have a tipping question..what currency should I use to show appreciation to the crew? Euros or dollars? Does it matter?

I am ordering my Euros in the morning and this will decide on my amount.

Thanks!

Denise

Dollars. They don't get off the ship often enough to spend too much, and there will be European passengers who may tip in Euros.

The crew accounts are handled in dollars, so it will be much easier for them to combine funds from all sources that way.

Remember, much of their money is sent home.

I will be cruising the Eastern Med. in three weeks aboard Noordam.

I have a tipping question..what currency should I use to show appreciation to the crew? Euros or dollars? Does it matter?

I am ordering my Euros in the morning and this will decide on my amount.

Thanks!

Denise

My bank told me to use my ATM card to get Euros as this would be the most economical way.

My bank told me to use my ATM card to get Euros as this would be the most economical way

It's not for me.

A family member can convert dollars to euros at the current stock exchange rate ...which is about .08c better than the rate I would get from the ATM.

Also, I will not take my ATM card at all with me. If that account is compromised it will be a hassle ( has happened to me before ) . I do not want to come back two weeks later to a mess. If I do need more euros the above family member can get it for me easily. I have a credit card that will also be used.

My bank told me to use my ATM card to get Euros as this would be the most economical way

It's not for me.

A family member can convert dollars to euros at the current stock exchange rate ...which is about .08c better than the rate I would get from the ATM.

Also, I will not take my ATM card at all with me. If that account is compromised it will be a hassle ( has happened to me before ) . I do not want to come back two weeks later to a mess. If I do need more euros the above family member can get it for me easily. I have a credit card that will also be used.

My fault! I forgot to consider that I don't pay any foreign transaction or ATM fees so I get the actual rate. I am sure that is why they made that recommendation.

Archived