Charge For Sauna/Steam Room on Summit?

purpletequila

Was just on the Summit last month. The dry saunas in the spa changing rooms are free, however the steam rooms are in the persian gardens, which costs extra (unless you're in an aqua class cabin). On our 7 day trip, they were charging $20 a day or $99 for the entire cruise to use the persian gardens.

• 3 years later...

Yes, in the changing rooms...dry sauna on S class with large porthole view...

Recollection of M class is that the free one was interior...in ladies changing room..

and also PG on M class is interior...no heated loungers...just a heated bench...unless that has been changed recently...

• 3 years later...
On 4/26/2012 at 8:53 AM, librarylady19 said:

Who gets to use PG for free - I would assume Aquaclass guests (like on the S class ships). What about suite guests?

Hi Sandi, good to see you.  Suite guests don't get it for free just AQ guests. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2012 at 1:32 PM, trabeler said:

Was just on the Summit last month. The dry saunas in the spa changing rooms are free, however the steam rooms are in the persian gardens, which costs extra (unless you're in an aqua class cabin). On our 7 day trip, they were charging $20 a day or $99 for the entire cruise to use the persian gardens.

Thanks very helpful.

I was thinking that the dry sauna is also inside the PG, so comes with a fee, but good to hear that it is accessible from the changing and its free. 

On 6/28/2019 at 6:12 AM, Mona-Lisa said:

Thanks very helpful.

I was thinking that the dry sauna is also inside the PG, so comes with a fee, but good to hear that it is accessible from the changing and its free. 

I wonder if that information is still current.

Anyone know?

Free sauna in the Ladies Changing Room on Revolutionized Summit is still available.

However....

if you've sailed Summit prior to the dry dock and expect the same sauna, you will be disappointed. That beautiful sauna has, indeed, been replaced. Bad news: good news. Not a beautiful sauna with a huge porthole and view, but a dry sauna that is typical of any sauna you may find in a gym atmosphere (rather than a spa). 

The Ladies Changing Room is very low key and diminished from what it used to be. There is a very small, very public (no private area) with lockers and a few small vanity type stools in front of a mirror where two hair dryers are installed. I can't recall if there are any toiletry amenities provided. The lockers are a self-code combination type locker with clear instructions on how to open, close, and lock them for your use. But, there is no hanging hook in them so be aware that everything you put in needs to be folded.

Going from memory, I believe there are about 3 water closets, and at the end of that assembly is where they installed the sauna. Across from the sauna is the one shower. Again, from memory...

The point is that the room is about a quarter the size of what used to be there. It's sparse.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Member123 said:

Free sauna in the Ladies Changing Room on Revolutionized Summit is still available.

However....

if you've sailed Summit prior to the dry dock and expect the same sauna, you will be disappointed. That beautiful sauna has, indeed, been replaced. Bad news: good news. Not a beautiful sauna with a huge porthole and view, but a dry sauna that is typical of any sauna you may find in a gym atmosphere (rather than a spa). 

The Ladies Changing Room is very low key and diminished from what it used to be. There is a very small, very public (no private area) with lockers and a few small vanity type stools in front of a mirror where two hair dryers are installed. I can't recall if there are any toiletry amenities provided. The lockers are a self-code combination type locker with clear instructions on how to open, close, and lock them for your use. But, there is no hanging hook in them so be aware that everything you put in needs to be folded.

Going from memory, I believe there are about 3 water closets, and at the end of that assembly is where they installed the sauna. Across from the sauna is the one shower. Again, from memory...

The point is that the room is about a quarter the size of what used to be there. It's sparse.

Excellent news! 

3 hours ago, Member123 said:

However....

Downsizing  Celebrity Style!   Not really good news,...is there a window`??

The  free sauna rms on the older X ships were claustrophobic closets ..sounds similar