Upgrade Fairy has arrived!

Matcodixon

I am in shock and disbelief. I just check the Cruise personalizer and we have been upgraded again! This time to a Mini-Suite! My booking started out with a bottom of the list BG GTY Balcony. 2 upgrades, 2 price drops later, We now have a Dolphin deck Mini-suite. Best part is that since our original booking, our price has been reduced by over $1300! Life was good, Now it's even better!

Upgrade fairy visited today for us too!! Went from an inside cabin to an Oceanview cabin! Definitely will take the free upgrade. Now just hoping they allow platinums and elite to board before assigned staggered boarding time. We got moved from 12:30 to 1:30 and our flight arrives at 9:30 in the morning.

Just wondering when the upgrades happened before or after final pmt? It is wonderful that you have received an upgrade! I guess no email just checking the reservation! Nice surprise!

All this upgrade activity for us has occurred before the final payment is due 3 weeks from now. If they do not give us any more, I will still be more than satisfied, however I guess that they could still upgrade us again to a full suite, but somehow, I kind of doubt that is a possibility.. :rolleyes:

That would be the upgrade of the century to go from a BG GTY Balcony to a full suite :D

I did not get an email for this upgrade to the Mini-suite but discovered it looking at our booking information on the Cruise personalizer. I was in disbelief so I cleaned my glasses, closed and opened the program 3 times and printed it out, just to make sure.. :D

All this upgrade activity for us has occurred before the final payment is due 3 weeks from now. If they do not give us any more, I will still be more than satisfied, however I guess that they could still upgrade us again to a full suite, but somehow, I kind of doubt that is a possibility.. :rolleyes:

That would be the upgrade of the century to go from a BG GTY Balcony to a full suite :D

I did not get an email for this upgrade to the Mini-suite but discovered it looking at our booking information on the Cruise personalizer. I was in disbelief so I cleaned my glasses, closed and opened the program 3 times and printed it out, just to make sure.. :D

Wow, lucky you!! We will have our first balcony for a RCL cruise. I wish Princess would do Bermuda! We did visit Bermuda on the Caribbean Princess last May on a return to NY (also wish they would stay for more than occasional TA and Canada?NE) Anyway sorry to side track. Have a wonderful cruise!! Have you ever sailed in a full suite?

Wow, lucky you!! We will have our first balcony for a RCL cruise. I wish Princess would do Bermuda! We did visit Bermuda on the Caribbean Princess last May on a return to NY (also wish they would stay for more than occasional TA and Canada?NE) Anyway sorry to side track. Have a wonderful cruise!! Have you ever sailed in a full suite?

You will love the Balcony! Congratulations and have a great cruise!

We have never have had a full suite and this is the first time we have had a mini-suite..The best we have had before is a standard balcony cabin. (which, by the way, were excellent!) I am afraid we might be spoiled by this!

After having inside then booking ocean-view = No more inside

After ocean-view then booking Balcony = no more ocean-view

After mini-suite = ???:rolleyes:

You will love the Balcony! Congratulations and have a great cruise!

We have never have had a full suite and this is the first time we have had a mini-suite..The best we have had before is a standard balcony cabin. (which, by the way, were excellent!) I am afraid we might be spoiled by this!

After having inside then booking ocean-view = No more inside

After ocean-view then booking Balcony = no more ocean-view

After mini-suite = ???:rolleyes:

Which is why I am still booking inside!! Cant imagine the damage to my bsnk balance if I were to stray!!! LOL!!

amazing upgrade, enjoy!!:D:D

Congrats! :) I love booking guarantees! We always look the cabins over and would be totally happy with the least desirable cabin in the category we pay for, but we really enjoy waiting on the cabin assignment, especially when the ship starts filling up!

Congratulations on the upgrade ! Our cruise still has lots of empty cabins so we are hoping for a visit from the Upgrade Failry also :).

Ditto!! On the same cruise as you. I'll let you know on the roll call if I get an upgrade.

do you think your previous sailings played a big part? I think we are on same cruise as you (Grand Med, Aug 10). we did not book with upgradeable option but like you said, final payment still isn't due. I wonder if we should cancel and re-book with upgradeable or too much rolling the dice?

PS, we booked category BD on Baja deck.

First off, we are not on the same cruise, but close. We board in Venice on Aug 22,

Is your booking marked "No upgrade"? it is important that it is not. If booked through a TA have them check, If booked directly through Princess, give them a call. I think you can change the status without having to rebook.

Good luck to you.. And since your cruise is before ours, I expect a full report!

We will be in Venice watching you sail in!

we did not book with upgradeable option but like you said, final payment still isn't due. I wonder if we should cancel and re-book with upgradeable or too much rolling the dice?

No need to rebook. Call your travel agent (or Princess if you booked directly) and ask to have your status changed from "do not upgrade" to "will accept upgrade."

Archived