Breakfasts for Suite passengers

PrincessPete

Hi, sorry I seem to be asking a few questions of late as we are returning to Princess next year (on Diamond Princess) after a gap of 9 years so we are a bit out of touch.

I saw a reply on an earlier thread referring to passengers in an aft suite having breakfast in Sabatini's.

Is it the case that there is a separate restaurant for Suite passengers for breakfast on the large Princess ships such as Diamond. I was not aware of this but they do have that system on P & O on their large ships for suite passengers - the evening meals are, of course, taken in the main restaurants.

Many thanks for any information.

Kind regards.

Peter

Hi There

some folk thinkthis is the best perk of having a suite, breakfsat at Sabatinis,

Princess started doing this a couple of years ago it is restricted to full suite passengers only no friends or guests of suite passengers,

Breakfast is cooked by a chef to order any way you want it

yours Shogun

That is correct Peter. Suite passengers are invited to have breakfast in Sabatini's each morning. Of course you can do room service, or the buffet or the main dining room as well, but Sabatini's is exclusively for suite passengers. It does include a Mimosa (or two or three) :) as well. Its a nice menu, small, but my understanding is that they will fix you anything within reason.

Enjoy! It was one of our favorite suite perks.

If you are in a full suite you can take breakfast at Sabatini's. We were in a suite on the Diamond Princess last year cruising from Whittier to Vancouver and breakfast there was lovely. I don't think there were ever more than 3 or 4 tables occupied and the waiters couldn't do enough for you - I think they were probably bored!

They will check from a list of names that you are actually in a full suite.

As mentioned above breakfast at Sabatinis is one of the nicest perks given to suite passengers. The menu is small but very good and they will fix you anything you ask for basically. When I travel with my daughter, she likes corned beef hash which is not on the menu. After she asked about it one morning it was offered to her every day. Enjoy your relaxing time there.

Can you still order Sabatini's breakfast from room service for suites?

You never could but you can order off the MDR breakfast menu if you are in a full suite. That's especially nice on disembarkation morning when Sabatini's isn't open.

Hi There

some folk thinkthis is the best perk of having a suite, breakfsat at Sabatinis,

Princess started doing this a couple of years ago it is restricted to full suite passengers only no friends or guests of suite passengers,

Breakfast is cooked by a chef to order any way you want it

yours Shogun

You know Shogun this just might fit into one of those special perks for the new class of veteran cruisers as discussed in

Is it time for princess to re-evaluate their captains circle ranks

Sabatinis breakfasts have always been for suite passengers only. Opening it to elites as well would be very difficult on many cruises since the restaurant can't hold anywhere near as many elites as are on the ship.

Breakfast at Sabatini's is wonderful. They will make just about anything you want, though we were happy with the menu choices. Service was always fast and personable. I was very happy when they added this perk for suites.

We were in a suite on the Star this past November and breakfast in Sabatini's was not that awesome IMO. I don't know if it had been just so hyped up here on the boards, but we did not find it to be the be all end all of dining. We requested a few things and were told that they could not be made. These were dishes that other CC members had requested on their cruises at breakfast in Sabatini's and were able to get but we were not. I wanted Huevos Rancheros which was actually part of the suite breakfast room service that day and was told they could not make it. My husband wanted steak and eggs, but he was also declined his request. I was able to get roasted potatoes instead of hashbrowns, but that was really the only request that was granted. The cappaccino machine was also broken, and the hostess would have to go to the International Cafe for my coffee. We went several times over the duration of the cruise and only found it to be slightly better than the MDR. for breakfast.

I agree that our Sabatini's suite breakfast experience was not that great either. We were on the Grand in January and quite frankly, were very disappointed in the Sabatini's suite breakfast, especially after reading everything we had on CC.

The service was quite slow, even though there were usually only three or four tables occupied. We also had no success in getting anything that wasn't on the Sabatini's breakfast menu, even if it was on the MDR menu (except as explained below). We were not able to get any of the dishes that others on CC had said they had gotten.

One morning, when eggs florentine was on the MDR menu, we requested that, only to be told no, it could not be made. I stated it was in the MDR and there is no reason they could not get the dish from there. I had to speak to the Maitre'd, who only reluctantly agreed to send the waiter for it, but also advised us that this would be the only time they would go to the MDR for something--if we wanted the MDR breakfast special after that, we would have to go to the MDR. Since we could order off of the MDR menu for room service, we actually elected to eat room service on the four remaining days of our cruise (which was excellent).

Had breakfast in Sabatinis on the Grand in January. Worst breakfast on any ship anywhere. Did not go back a second time.

Can I ask what was bad about it to make it 'worst breakfast on any ship anywhere'?

I have had Sabatini's breakfast on the Grand many times, and will be doing so again in 3 weeks time, and so far have not had any complaint.

We love it. Have been on some ships where we are only one of two or three tables. Than other times the place is almost full. The fuller it is, the busier the staff is and it is not as nice. I'd rather be there when only a few tables are full - best service and staff had tome to talk, etc. On the28 day RT to Tahiti last October, they said it was packed every day because Princess allow RIP's to attend. a friend said the service was terrible and was very unhappy.

I like it the way it is and if they start allowing other groups to join, it is just going to change it so much that it will no longer the "best" suite perk.

On any ship anywhere? That is a bold statement, I guess. Glad you didn't like it. It will be nice and quiet when we have breakfast there frequently.:)

I should have said - any Princess ship on which I have sailed.

Can I ask what was bad about it to make it 'worst breakfast on any ship anywhere'?

I have had Sabatini's breakfast on the Grand many times, and will be doing so again in 3 weeks time, and so far have not had any complaint.

A few examples: Egg whites burned to a crisp, yolk almost uncooked; French toast burned on the outside, uncooked on inside; English muffins not toasted and cold; hash-browns hard, greasy and cold; orange juice like water; only four tables in use, but service extremely slow.

I'm looking forward to Eggs Hemingway (like Eggs Benedict but with salmon instead of ham) on the Sapphire in two weeks!

One of the best things about breakfast in Sabattini's on board the Sapphire is the entertainment that comes along with it. Alice (the maitre'd) is absolutely the best and her staff is wonderful. So much fun!

Had breakfast in Sabatinis on the Grand in January. Worst breakfast on any ship anywhere. Did not go back a second time.

We have found it to be a hit or miss situation. The Emerald and the Crown both fantastic in food and service each and every day. The Star on the other hand was visited but two mornings for terrible food preparation and contemptible service. We retreated to the main dining room thereafter. But one must realize that it's not the ship itself rather the staff who man her and those that so supervise.

We loved Sabatini's on Caribbean Princess (for breakfast). If something was not to your liking, they would offer just about anything you could want. Never had a problem; I do not eat eggs or many breakfast foods and I was a happy camper. We loved it so much along with other suite perks, we booked another suite for 2013.

Tried dinner once and left; services was terrible and the food not good. Others have had a better experience. Oh, well...

Archived