MTD Standing Reservation

I had read a review where the poster regretted not making a standing 7pm MTD reservation and just adjusting the reservation each day as needed. I have MTD and wondering if this is advisable rather than just showing up?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

a standing reservation to me at least, really isnt "My Time Dining" ;) although they do recommend making a reservation for each night.

I just showed up every night and never waited over 5 minutes for a table.

Based on our experience recently on Monarch of the Seas with MTD, YES.

It wasn't so much the wait time we experienced as we expected that to a point and our wait was never very long, but the way the person seating MTD'ers made us feel for not making a reservation - kinda like it was HIS Time Dining.

We always make a standing 7pm reservation for MTD and then adjust as needed. "MY" time for dining is 7 so that is why we do it that way.:p You can just go in without a reservation but those people usually had to wait a bit, where we always were seated immediately.

Do what works best for you.:)

We rarely make a standing reservation since our schedules or interest in dining can vary from day to day. However, for someone who wants to dine at a specific time, or wants to be assured of having a specific team of servers, and finds that the traditional dining times are not to his or her liking, making a standing reservation is certainly "my time dining". That is one of the advantages of selecting My Time Dining- the ability to dine when you want even if that turns out to be the same time each and every evening. :)

I keep trying to make standing reservations for MTD, but it doesn't seem to be available, yet. :( We are still a little over 4 months out, is that the reason, or is it because we have not made final payment? Same goes for entertainment reservations and excursions.

I am one who prefer's not to make a reservation...standing or otherwise...some nights I decide to order room service or hit the WJ...which I can do without having to call & "cancel" a reservation...

We just got off the Freedom of the Seas and a standing reservation did not work. The hostess refused to let us have a 7pm reservation. We tried every night for 7pm and she would say no, "You can have 6:30pm or 7:30pm". I was so upset with her. We have had MTD many times on different ships and it worked perfectly. This time I was not happy at all. Most nights we were seated around 7:40pm. And, I missed the shows (9pm) because of it:(

I've done MTD both ways - as a show-up-an-be-seated guest and as a standing reservation. I prefer making a standard reservation, because I can keep the same table and staff the entire time. I like getting to know my waitstaff and having them get to know me. The show-up method is convenient, but you get a different server each time. I found that trade-off not worth the convenience.

As for 7PM - we typically like that time slot as well. A LOT of people do. If you want a popular time, it's best to make your reservations on-line, in advance of your cruise. If you wait until you're on board, you'll be stuck with what's left.

We have done MTD since it came out and we rarely make reservations. On Oasis we made them for 2 nights, only b/c of our show times. But on other ships, we just go when we feel like it. Even on Oasis, the nights we did not have reservations, we had no issue at all getting and and getting our same waitstaff. To me, that is the beauty of MTD, we eat when we feel like it.

I keep trying to make standing reservations for MTD, but it doesn't seem to be available, yet. :( We are still a little over 4 months out, is that the reason, or is it because we have not made final payment? Same goes for entertainment reservations and excursions.

I now you get excited to do everything early but it was about 2 months before cruise when we were able to do the dinning reservations.:)

I've done MTD both ways - as a show-up-an-be-seated guest and as a standing reservation. I prefer making a standard reservation, because I can keep the same table and staff the entire time. I like getting to know my waitstaff and having them get to know me. The show-up method is convenient, but you get a different server each time. I found that trade-off not worth the convenience.

As for 7PM - we typically like that time slot as well. A LOT of people do. If you want a popular time, it's best to make your reservations on-line, in advance of your cruise. If you wait until you're on board, you'll be stuck with what's left.

That is exactly what we did...made ressies for 7pm on-line. When we got to MTD, the hostess said, sorry, that time is not available:confused:

We just got off the Freedom of the Seas and a standing reservation did not work. The hostess refused to let us have a 7pm reservation. We tried every night for 7pm and she would say no, "You can have 6:30pm or 7:30pm". I was so upset with her. We have had MTD many times on different ships and it worked perfectly. This time I was not happy at all. Most nights we were seated around 7:40pm. And, I missed the shows (9pm) because of it:(

Last August we had a standing reservation for 7:30 each night on FOS. We made the reservation online before we sailed. A few times during the cruise we needed to eat earlier to make the shows and were able to make the changes without any problems. The first time we did it the hostess said the table was ours for the week and to just let her know ahead of time when we wanted to eat. We did have a party of seven so that might have made a difference. I would assume if they set aside a table for a party of 7 at 7:30 that they would not let anyone sit there at 7 or even 6:30.

I am just over 60 days out and have been allowed to do Excursions for about 6 weeks, MTD about a month, but not yet able to book Entertainment.

We booked a standing reservation for 7.30pm and expect that to pretty much be right on a Med cruise.

I never had the choice of 7pm and I started booking as soon as they were open. Then someone on CC said they hold that time because they dont have space until the early diners have left.

Archived