Charge for maine dining room food????

Exactly. Just like a Maine lobster is still a Maine lobster even if it happens to cross the border on the ocean floor into Massachusetts or Rhode Island.:D

There are no lobsters in Rhode Island, they got scared off by those huge quahogs you have down there.:eek::D

Having just done IOS - one night they offered the filet steak from chops - $14.95 but it came with - glass of house wine for main course and a glass of champagne for the desert and a chops desert choice - not bad. The 2 drinks alone was more than the cover charge.

There was a black angus sirloin in the menu included each day and I was happy with that but dad really wanted to try the sirloin and so he did - it stopped us having to all pay for the specialty restaurant with 4 cover charges to keep one of the party happy - why shouldn't we pay a little more for something special - Dad thought it was fantastic - and they didn't even blink when he asked for it cremated (although I did)

Dad can't afford fillet steak at home so it was good to treat him

I had the Chops filet in the MDR the last night of the cruise on Freedom and it was the most disappointing meal of the week :( it was cooked ok but certainly not the quality cut of beef it was back in 2010 when i had it on Monarch.

The funny thing is I got brave ordered the black angus sirloin a few nights before that was like shoe leather on my previous cruise and it was actually "decent" this time.

The Prime Rib, Lamb shank and duck were all EXCELLENT!

I highly agree. My husband and I ate at Chops last year. My filet was tasteless. I only ate a few bites. I will admit I am spoiled because we raise our own beef. I have had many other pieces of beef in restaurants and have been extremely please.

I love quahogs! My father, brother, and I can go through a bushel in no time.:):)

Quahogs are great. I like spicy stuffed quahogs. Nothing wrong with clamcakes and chowder either, except for the calories.

Eventually the MDR will be, order off the menu and pay for what you order, just like restaurants ashore. They will claim better quality.

Your meal will cost about $40 and a 20% tip will be on the slip that you sign.

And eventually the quality of the food in the MDR will return to what it is now.

The WJ will be even lower quality than it is now and that will be your alternative if you don’t go to the MDR and pay.

Wow Joe...you really don't like the whole tipping thing do ya? I mean, really, you don't appear to like the whole cruising experience why do you go?

Thats kind of well, DUH in my opinion and about as obvious as the sky is blue. Yes, we ALL know that tail they serve in the MDR is frozen and is not to be confused with a real Maine Lobster.

Im sure we could all play this game......Im from Georgia, where Vidalia onions are grown......maybe I should start picking on the Vidalia Onion Tart.....Nah, I wont do that. I like it pretty good but sure isnt what we here in Georgia know as Vidalia Onion Tart.

Good grief Joe. You seem to dislike everything about Royal Caribbean. Why, if you dont mind me asking, are you here exactly?

Kind of silly, finding fault with me for pointing out that New Englanders, on this thread, said that frozen is not as good as live lobster.

But anyway… If you want to continue the silliness, the Vidalia onions, from your home state, actually do keep well enough so there should be no difference in the quality of onions for the tart.

How’s that for a silly thing to argue about.

Wow Joe...you really don't like the whole tipping thing do ya? I mean, really, you don't appear to like the whole cruising experience why do you go?

My prediction is based on the trends that I see.

Do you disagree with my prediction?

Tell us what you think cruising will be like 20 years from now?

The lobster being served today is the same size as has been for years. Maine lobster has not been served during the ten years in the MDR that I have been cruising with Royal Caribbean.

I wish that the cruise lines would add a couple hundred bucks per cruise and serve the Chops steak and Maine lobster. Of course then all of you would have to find something else to complain about like the price of the cruise is too high.

For the extra $ that you are suggesting, you might as well eat at Chops or any other specialty restaurant, with much better service.:D

For the extra $ that you are suggesting, you might as well eat at Chops or any other specialty restaurant, with much better service.:D
Never had bad service in the dining room.the waiters and assistants are fantastic.

Having just done IOS - one night they offered the filet steak from chops - $14.95 but it came with - glass of house wine for main course and a glass of champagne for the desert and a chops desert choice - not bad. The 2 drinks alone was more than the cover charge.

There was a black angus sirloin in the menu included each day and I was happy with that but dad really wanted to try the sirloin and so he did - it stopped us having to all pay for the specialty restaurant with 4 cover charges to keep one of the party happy - why shouldn't we pay a little more for something special - Dad thought it was fantastic - and they didn't even blink when he asked for it cremated (although I did)

Dad can't afford fillet steak at home so it was good to treat him

Am I understanding this correctly...for 14.95 you got a filet,a glass of wine, a glass of champagne, and a specialty dessert??? NOt a bad deal!

Not singling out anyone in particular but............

Why is it everytime the subect of Lobster is brought up on this board, the people from the extreme Northeast, Maine in particular, have to jump in and tell us how cheap they get lobster "back home" and how terrible the lobster is that is served on the ship? :confused::D:cool:

Are they trying to rub it in our faces and make us jealous?

It reminds me of those around here that have to mention their "Im D+" C&A rank before everything they say. :cool:

Lobster is actually my least favorite seafood...I will eat it but its certainly not my favorite....I would much rather have good Gulf shrimp over a live Maine lobster and have a connection that I can get it fresh and get it cheap........I dont bring that up everytime shrimp cocktail is brough up on this board and say how terrible the shrimp is on board though LOL

Im not flaming.........Im just real curious :confused: Maybe its not blatant or intentional but it sure seems that way sometimes.

Those of us in the frozen north have 9 months of winter, two weeks of fall and spring and 8 weeks of summer. We have to cling to the only thing that comes of all that cold....our lobster. Please just let us have something that's ours. After all, no one is impressed by the price of ice cubes.

We also save so much money on lobster, we don't even have to smuggle rum into the caribbean!!!!!

....what about those in the mid-west that state their beef is the only good beef??

we have a few of those around here too :) they enjoy their "Prime" cuts of beef on land and then go to Chops and talk about what poor quality of beef they serve. lol.

The lobster being served today is the same size as has been for years. Maine lobster has not been served during the ten years in the MDR that I have been cruising with Royal Caribbean.

I wish that the cruise lines would add a couple hundred bucks per cruise and serve the Chops steak and Maine lobster. Of course then all of you would have to find something else to complain about like the price of the cruise is too high.

When I first started cruising with RCCL back in the 80's they served the large rock lobster tails (large!) and they would ask if you would like a second one (sure why not they were free). The cruises then weren't much less then than they are today and considering inflation, were quite expensive. But everything was included! I personally think they are trying to keep the base price of the cruise down so more people can cruise. Which is a good thing. Unfortunately if you want any of the premium things you will have to pay extra. I know soda doesn't seem like a premium thing but not all people drink it so they feel why should all have to pay for it. I was an accountant and I fully understand the bottom line.

we have a few of those around here too :) they enjoy their "Prime" cuts of beef on land and then go to Chops and talk about what poor quality of beef they serve. lol.

And they would never even consider a Windjammer hamburger.

And they would never even consider a Windjammer hamburger.

I hope you are around to still see this :) I seen on another thread in another forum where you asked about my Allie girl....I guess this is as good a thread to highjack as any LOL......She is growing like a weed! She is coming along really good in her obedience training and is about to go away for a "boot camp" for a couple months at the end of July.......I will visit her quiet often during that time to continue our work in service training.

I hope we can do our first cruise sometime next year :) Here is Allie, she is 6 months old now :)

IMG-20120513-00176.jpg

I hope you are around to still see this :) I seen on another thread in another forum where you asked about my Allie girl....I guess this is as good a thread to highjack as any LOL......She is growing like a weed! She is coming along really good in her obedience training and is about to go away for a "boot camp" for a couple months at the end of July.......I will visit her quiet often during that time to continue our work in service training.

I hope we can do our first cruise sometime next year :) Here is Allie, she is 6 months old now :)

Absolutely beautiful, Ryan. Thanks for posting!:):):)

Archived