Eurodam Trip Report Now Posted

fuzzywuzzy

I was on the 17th street bridge watching you sail away and followed a day later on Celebrity Solstice. It just happens my review was posted today too. As I say in the tag line of my review "A very pleasant way to learn a lesson but still a lesson learned" I don't really have any regrets about knowing more about Celebrity but there were times I felt I'd rather be on another ship. There are probably other ships I'd choose over Eurodam (including either Prinsendam or Maasdam) but after watching it sail away that was the opportunity cost that came to mind. Here's a somewhat different review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103128

Roy

Just had my trip report posted - Eurodam transatlantic Cruise April 14th to 27th.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103035

Great review:) It's always nice when people take the time to do this. A lot read these and rely on them. I'm glad you had a great cruise and a great time. Rome is magnificent and so is Spain. You chose wisely to stay in Rome post cruise. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us:)

I was on the 17th street bridge watching you sail away and followed a day later on Celebrity Solstice. It just happens my review was posted today too. As I say in the tag line of my review "A very pleasant way to learn a lesson but still a lesson learned" I don't really have any regrets about knowing more about Celebrity but there were times I felt I'd rather be on another ship. There are probably other ships I'd choose over Eurodam (including either Prinsendam or Maasdam) but after watching it sail away that was the opportunity cost that came to mind. Here's a somewhat different review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103128

Roy

Thanks for your review Roy - I don't go to this section often enough:o I'm not really surprised by your live post (please keep them coming) but I have to say on this one you and I agree whole heartedly. I'll take the Prinsendam any day of the week (or the Maasdam or several other HAL ships) over Celebrity. It's all subjective - but since dh agrees life is really simple right now;)

Great review Fuzzywuzzy, thanks for taking the time to write and post it. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my trip report. Yes we thoroughly enjoyed our trip and experiencing Europe. Although we do love the smaller ships, I.e. Maasdam and Ryndam, we loved the Eurodam for the crossing. Wouldn't go on a bigger ship though.

Can't wait to return to Europe.

FuzzyWuzzy:

Thank You for a great review. I was in Rome late last June for the Pallium Ceremony in St. Peter's and I would go back in a heart beat. It is easy to fall in love with Rome. There is so much to see and so much History. Your review was teriffic. I presume you had to fly back to Ft. Lauderdale to pick up your car and go back to Canada.

FuzzyWuzzy:

Thank You for a great review. I was in Rome late last June for the Pallium Ceremony in St. Peter's and I would go back in a heart beat. It is easy to fall in love with Rome. There is so much to see and so much History. Your review was teriffic. I presume you had to fly back to Ft. Lauderdale to pick up your car and go back to Canada.

Yes Himself. We flew back via Newark, N.J. and then on to FLL to pick up vehicle. Left the next morning for our long drive home. It was nice though and had great weather all the way.

Now looking back through Rick Steve's Rome guidebook, we see we also missed so much. Will just have to go back. Next time I won't walk so much as my poor back seized up after pounding the pavement/cobblestones for 3 days nonstop. We're not 20 years old anymore either. LOL. (Although we think we are).

Archived