Afternoon Tea

roomba920

Will they allow a couple to sit alone, & what days do they serve afternoon tea. Is it served on all sea days? TIA

They serve it every day except embarkation day.

There should be no problem requesting a table by yourselves as it is not crowded.

I have been to soooooooo many of the Afternoon Teas on all of the PCL ships we have cruised and enjoyed each and everyone one of them.

If you would like to see some photos of the Afternoon Tea on the Emerald Princess I enjoyed with friends last year...click the link below. Then click on NEXT photo (far right side of page) to see more photos of our lovely Tea:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2796192970095430378kPjAEU

Enjoy!:D

Thank you. Love the photos. I recently found this tea chest box at Cracker Barrel of all places.

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/richmedia/images/cover.gif

I have seen people sitting alone, but it seems like they do tend to group people together and sitting alone was more of a function of the table not being filled. I haven't seen many tables for 2 used. Even though you are sitting with others, it is really a go at your own pace kind of thing.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been to soooooooo many of the Afternoon Teas on all of the PCL ships we have cruised and enjoyed each and everyone one of them.

If you would like to see some photos of the Afternoon Tea on the Emerald Princess I enjoyed with friends last year...click the link below. Then click on NEXT photo (far right side of page) to see more photos of our lovely Tea:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2796192970095430378kPjAEU

Enjoy!:D

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

They serve it every day except embarkation day.

There should be no problem requesting a table by yourselves as it is not crowded.

This is great to hear. Our upcoming cruise is for our 20th anniversary, so we want it to be about the 2 of us together. It's not that we don't like being around people, but we want to just focus on each other this trip.

I'm glad to see they offer afternoon tea every day, but embarkation. There's a couple ports where we're likely be back on the ship early. We love afternoon tea. It will be a perfect snack to tide us over to our late TD seating.

We're not sailing until Sept., 2013, but I'm already looking forward to afternoon tea. I love that they have it every day except embarkation day. On Carnival it was only offered on sea days. On our last Princess cruise, a transAtlantic in '06, my DH and I went to tea and just happened to sit at a table with another couple from only a few miles from us in Nemo, TX. Really small world, especially on a cruise.:)

One of the reasons that we basically stopped going to Afternoon Tea was because of the Elite/Platinum lounge. After having tea and scones, we'd move to the lounge where we'd have some more appetizers (and drinks) and by the time dinner rolled around, we'd be full... :p

We just turned platinum and have not heard of this lounge. Where is it and when do you go? We are on Grand next.

We are cruising in November .. my daughters first time on Princess, she will be 8. I want to do a Mommy & Bella afternoon with her, so far thinking Spa treatment, Afternoon Tea (after reading this thread) and then Bingo. I am too excited now!

Would it be too corny to wear a simple dress and gloves just to make it a little more special? Lol!

We just turned platinum and have not heard of this lounge. Where is it and when do you go? We are on Grand next.

It was in the One5 on the Grand on the cruise that we just got off. You get a card in your stateroom when you get on telling you what is on the food action station each day.

I was on a cruise with my whole family of 21 last year. I'm the only one who reads Cruise Critic, so I was looking forward to tea - no one else in my group knew about it. The first day, I took my 3 young nieces and adult niece and nephew. The next day, my SIL joined us. The day after that, my SIL and DS were there. Then my other DS and DM started coming. They all loved it.

The only problem for us was that we had the early seating for dinner, which when we booked the cruise was 6:00, but when we boarded, had been changed to 5:30. When we finished with tea, it was time to go back to our cabins and get ready for dinner. :rolleyes:

Elite passengers can have afternoon tea delivered to their cabin. But we don't order everything, just the scones. Too much to eat in the afternoon before dinner. A few times even though we only asked for scones, we got the whole deal and it was an amazing amount of food that they delivered.

My fiancee and I have a suite for our honeymoon next year. How does the Afternoon Tea work for in suite? Is there a menu we order from or do they just bring a selection of teas and snacky things?

We ordered it for 4 people - all of us in suites and decided to have tea togeher in one cabin. It was wonderful, but way too much food -- we could have ordered for only 2 people and had plenty for 4!

We ordered it for 4 people - all of us in suites and decided to have tea togeher in one cabin. It was wonderful, but way too much food -- we could have ordered for only 2 people and had plenty for 4!

What did they bring you? Did you ask for the tea in room and they just brought you a variety of things or did you order specific items?

I know most everyone answered your quetions.

I was just going to tell you of my experience.

I didn't know they had "tea time" until I read about it. I have always been a "hot tea":) person. I normally don't like to go alone, but I ask my friend, and she wanted to do something else. Well I went, not knowing anyone, and they put me at this big table. Everyone stated introducting themselves to me, as I was the last one to arrive at that table. While talking, I discovered that some of the people who were at the table, were to be at the M & G that we had earlier, but wondered why they were not there. Well I found out why they did not show up. If I had not been at that table, I would never have found this out, and wondered what happen to the people. Also, while doing this, I met wonderful people at this table, and when I passed them on the ship, I "felt" like I knew them.:)

I told my friend the experience I had at "tea time" so she decided to go with me the following day.

Just wanted to add....My husband and I have loved the afternoon teas on our Princess cruises thus far. On one cruise, they had a tea expert, a very nice woman who owned her own tea shop, as a guest lecturer and she had a full room of listeners for the six or more times that she was scheduled. Between enjoying several teas on each cruise and then attending her lectures, I became motivated to do a tea for my daughter and then 8 and 5 year old granddaughters on their next visit. I used my elegant (and up to then unused) tea set, made one plate of little sandwiches and a second with several kinds of cookies and breads (sorry, no scones.) From the moment the girls walked in and saw the dining room table all set up and me approaching with the china tea pot, the girls were just in awe! They behaved in such a polite and gracious manner with absolutely no prodding from their mom or me and surprised me by welcoming the little sandwiches as much as the sweets. We all had such fun that we decided it would become a tradition every time they come to visit, and I'm looking forward to the next one later this month.

We've been known to rush back from the port to try and make tea time! Lol! We just find it a great way to end the afternoon...relax, chat, and have a little snack (we eat a bit late). My husband hates the scones though because they have raisins - Lol! Reading this thread has me all excited....we sail a week from tomorrow!!

Ok, I am not a tea drinker, but love the scones, can't remember if they served anything besides tea? Anyone know? Think I might have asked for water.

It will take them longer to get it, but you can request tap water, milk and coffee.

We've been known to rush back from the port to try and make tea time! Lol! We just find it a great way to end the afternoon...relax, chat, and have a little snack (we eat a bit late). My husband hates the scones though because they have raisins - Lol! Reading this thread has me all excited....we sail a week from tomorrow!!

I don't like raisins either, but the scones are really good. I just load on the jam and whipped cream so I hardly notice the raisins. :)

Archived