Sitting area with sofa bed

Two twin beds or one Queen-size bed

TV and telephone

Refrigerator or minibar

Private bathroom with bathtub

Vanity area

Hair-dryer

Room service available 24 hours a day

Suite guests can also enjoy our complimentary concierge service on board Oasis, Voyager and Radiance Class, Enchantment of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas.

You also get priority check in

You can have lunch in the speciality restaurants

Special lounge and priority disembarkation

Some ships you get reserved pool/sun loungers

Oh and access to the ships concierge lounge

Sure I've missed something here...............;)

We have had a couple of GS in the past and have another one booked in December............enjoy :D

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy....I'd love to have a GS! Not in the cards this time, but maybe later.

We are in that "sandwich generation". Ailing parents and grandkids! We are just happy to go at this point.

I hope you make some wonderful memories, I'm sure you deserve it!

LOL Grandkids are doing fine...you get my drift.

Edited by Heidils

Had a Grand suite on our honeymoon on "Explorer" to Canada/NE and it was FANTASTIC! Just a perfect room if you ask us, we LOVED it. The concierge is really cool, relaxing place with free food and I think champagne for an hour at like 7pm? I may be wrong about the free champagne because I don't drink at all but I thought that was the case. I know there was free appetizers. We had for some reason, I'm not sure if they always do this for everyone on every cruise but we had "ice show" tickets waiting for us in our room when we arrived. Again I have no idea if they always do this but we had them waiting for us. Kinda cool I thought.

Edited by JAMESCC

I "borrowed" this info about grand suite perks from a previous post by "karen s". I loved the times I've stayed in a grand suite...I'm sure you will too!

Here's Karen's list of perks...there are other wonderful touches too, such as a super entertainment center, surround sound with Bose speakers, more storage space than you'll ever fill, and a doorbell!

Use of the Concierge Lounge

Spa Bathrobes for use onboard

Upgraded amenities for the bathroom

Continental breakfast served in the lounge daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening in the Concierge Lounge from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM.

Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering availability for your dinner wine

Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open)

Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Explorations, salon and spa services, etc.

Arrangements for private parties

Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the pool bar area

Port & Shopping advice

Business services such as faxing, copies, etc.

Priority tendering upon request

Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent)

Reserved VIP seats for production shows and ice shows (please show Cruise Director’s staff your gold Sea Pass card at the entrance).

Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch at the Windjammer Café in the Portofino’s dining area from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm (please see your service personnel for directions).

Judy, yes, there is a coffee pot and tea pot with a nice selection of teas to choose from. If you don't like your coffee strong enough to hold up a spoon, I recommend bringing some of your favorite coffee and filters to use instead.

Edited by copnlpn2

My memory has been jogged. There is a guy that takes care of the concierge guests and he really is awesome. He will do anything and reminds you he will do anything. He overheard us talking about booking "Portofino's" and picked up the phone and booked it for us, after asking us if we wanted him to of course. The guy on "Explorer" in the concierge was SUPER, SUPER, DUPER nice. we loved him, but I don't remember his name. What an incredibly nice guy though. He would often mingle and have conversations with guests. We had many nice conversations with him. There is a TV in there, usually tuned to ESPN for us Sports nuts.

Edited by JAMESCC

My memory has been jogged. There is a guy that takes care of the concierge guests and he really is awesome. He will do anything and reminds you he will do anything. He overheard us talking about booking "Portofino's" and picked up the phone and booked it for us, after asking us if we wanted him to of course. The guy on "Explorer" in the concierge was SUPER, SUPER, DUPER nice. we loved him, but I don't remember his name. What an incredibly nice guy though. He would often mingle and have conversations with guests. We had many nice conversations with him. There is a TV in there, usually tuned to ESPN for us Sports nuts.

He is the concierge and he takes care of the suite guests. If you haven't made reservations for shows or specialty dining before boarding, he is the go to guy for suite guests.

What drinks are offered in the lounge before the 'champagen/wine' is served in the evening? Do we still need to order a soft drinks package or are soft drinks served during the day, at all time or never?

What drinks are offered in the lounge before the 'champagen/wine' is served in the evening? Do we still need to order a soft drinks package or are soft drinks served during the day, at all time or never?

No drinks except specialty coffee and hot tea are served outside of the evening cocktail hour period. The only exception I'm aware of is on Allure (and presumably Oasis) where breakfast and lunch are served in the CL. I know Allure had soft drinks available during those periods, and possibly all day.

We just got off the FOS and love the CL.

5 years ago the bar in the evening was self serve on this cruise there was a bar tender.

They served well drinks, champange & wine. If we wanted something else they did try to make it.

Was our favorite place from 5-7:D

He is the concierge and he takes care of the suite guests. If you haven't made reservations for shows or specialty dining before boarding, he is the go to guy for suite guests.

I was really upset with our concierge, he made an aweful lot of noise when I tried to sneak him off the ship in my suitcase. We liked him alot and wanted to keep him.:cool:

We had a GS on the Jewel recently. One of the additional perks that I loved was morning breakfast in Chops. Breakfast was made to order and you could also get a New York Strip Steak. It was wonderful!

The concierge lounge is open 24 hours. You can get coffee, tea, hot cocoa. From 5-8:30 PM there is basically a full bar you can choose from. You can also get cans of soda. They usually have some hot appetizers, fruit, cheeses, veggies, etc.

If you don't feel like going to the dining room for dinner, you have access to the full menu in your cabin.

The room is great!!! Enjoy yourself!

While booked in a Grand Suite on the Adventure in February 2012, we asked were allowed to order food from Portofino and have it delivered to our room so we had dinner on our balcony.

We had a GS on the Jewel recently. One of the additional perks that I loved was morning breakfast in Chops. Breakfast was made to order and you could also get a New York Strip Steak. It was wonderful!

The concierge lounge is open 24 hours. You can get coffee, tea, hot cocoa. From 5-8:30 PM there is basically a full bar you can choose from. You can also get cans of soda. They usually have some hot appetizers, fruit, cheeses, veggies, etc.

If you don't feel like going to the dining room for dinner, you have access to the full menu in your cabin.

The room is great!!! Enjoy yourself!

Were these all inclusive? Did you buy any drinks packages on top and do you think that they were good value/needed?

Hi again. More questions!! I've just been looking at new posts and came across one querying what bathroom products to pack for the Oosterdam. The replies were that they got Elemis products. Now I love Elemis and am wondering what brand, if any, is provided in the Grand Suites on IOTS.

We always book a GS, but we do so because the room size is what we are looking for.

Closes thing to a regular hotel room, with a full size bathroom, etc.

The perks are nice i suppose, not sure we take advantage many of them.

We do not go to the CL that much. I will go there after my morning run to have a morning snack and coffee and use the Wi-Fi spot.

The evenings tend to be crowded and sometimes a Zoo....

And we like the reserved seating at the pool area and theater....other than that....

Oh, probably the best perk we have had, was the priority debarkation.

Ignore you color luggage tags...ask the Concierge about debarkation....last few cruises he had us meet him in the CL and he led us off long before anyone else. The frst people to get luggage and go through customs

Were these all inclusive? Did you buy any drinks packages on top and do you think that they were good value/needed?

Yes, the perks mentioned are all included (no extra charge) with a Grand Suite or better.

we only had sodas during cocktail hour. the only thing that is available 24/7 is the fancy schmancy coffee machine.. one button for latte, cappuccino, espresso , coffee and hot water

I never saw champagne, but there were 4-5 wines( 2 white 2 reds and white Zin) a few bottled beers and basic cocktails

for the continental breakfast there were small pitchers of orange and apple juice plus ice water and for the mid after noon snacks, iced tea and lemonade that got VERY weak as the pitchers contained a lot of ice as well.

I forgot to mention a big, not perk but AWESOME thing about a GS suite, the bathroom. The bathroom in the GS suite is incredible. It was huge, the shower was huge with a big kinda shelf in front for storing all your products. That bathroom was amazing, I can't imagine the bathrooms in the rooms that are even bigger and expensive.