Next cruise certificate, ta won't take?

I booked a cruise with a TA got down to the payment and said I wanted to use the NC.

The agent told me because it wasn't in their name ? that they couldn't take it and I would have to pay the $500 deposit.

So tell me what's the purpose of getting a nc certificate?

I booked a cruise with a TA got down to the payment and said I wanted to use the NC.

The agent told me because it wasn't in their name ? that they couldn't take it and I would have to pay the $500 deposit.

Looks like your TA is talking nonsense.

the next cruise certificate is a booking with a number. You can't just throw it at any TA. It's either with RCL or the agent you used for previous cruise

You need a TA who knows what to do with it. The certificate is fine! It the TA is important to you then call RCI, make the reservation using the certificate, and then convert it to the TA.

My guess is the TA wants the cash......just me, you might have a different situation. Enjoy :)

I don't know if this is the case, but on my last cruise I purchased a cruise and a NCC. I remember having to check a box that allowed me to give it to a TA I had used before. I wanted to do it when I purchased it, but didn't have the TA info so the Sales consultant told me to check the box, which would allow me to change it later.

When you created your NC on board you had the option to either keep it with RCI or have it sent to the TA whose name RCI had on file at the time it was created.

Now it appears that you have used a different TA who can not use that NC because it was assigned to another TA when the booking was created. Your former TA would have to release it in order for you to use it.

I would check the Confirmation Cover Letter that you received when you created the NC and see which TA's name appears. If you don't have the letter, then call C&A at 1-800-526-9723 give them the booking number and they can tell you.

I don't know if this is the case, but on my last cruise I purchased a cruise and a NCC. I remember having to check a box that allowed me to give it to a TA I had used before. I wanted to do it when I purchased it, but didn't have the TA info so the Sales consultant told me to check the box, which would allow me to change it later.

I believe you are on the right track. The OP's NC was assigned to a travel agent (or the OP), and the OP is probably trying to use a different travel agent now, and one travel agent cannot use a booking (NC in this case) that belongs to another.

The options are: If another TA owns the NC, book with them. If you own the NC, call Royal and book the cruise yourself, then transfer it to the TA of your choice. If another TA owns the NC and you don't want to book with them, ask them to release the booking to you. They don't have to do this, but might cooperate.

I didn't check any box that I recall?

I use the same ta all the time and same girl, this is just the 1st time I bought a NC.

She said she had to charge the $500 deposit to my c/card.

I booked Friday night, she sent me a tranfer form for the NC.

"Attached is the transfer form for Royal Caribbean. Please print out a copy of the form and fill out the required information."

I booked a 8 night cruise. Besides the reduced deposit which isn't going to work this time I guess what else do I get?

I should of figured out the NC stuff before I even bought it...ugh

Should I save the NC for another cruise?

I use the same ta all the time and same girl, this is just the 1st time I bought a NC.

"Attached is the transfer form for Royal Caribbean. Please print out a copy of the form and fill out the required information."

I booked a 8 night cruise. Besides the reduced deposit which isn't going to work this time I guess what else do I get?

Your TA duped you - talk to her manager. Get another TA. Your NCC life is indefinite. You also get OBC which you forgave for this cruise because of your TA's ineptness!

I'd call Royal, give them the booking number of the NC, and ask who "own's" it. If it's you, then book the cruise yourself with Royal and transfer it to the TA. If it's your present TA, then ask to speak to someone at their office who is familiar with NC's, because something is wrong if they can't use it.

Unless you are trying to book a Grand Suite or better, the $100pp deposit should be sufficient.

just book the cruise using your certificate with RCL, then transfer to your TA

The only time this happened with us is with a TA that required full deposit in order to get a TA sponsored onboard credit. If the TA isn't offering any incentives then there is no reason your NCC reduced deposit shouldn't be accepted. If they are offering an incentive, you should have a choice of either that or the the reduced deposit.

I somewhat recently transferred a NextCruise booking to a TA. I had to pay the balance of the $500 deposit because we were joining a group booking. If it hadn't been for that, the NextCruise $200 deposit (for two of us) would have been sufficient.

By being a part of the group, I get the group's perks such as additional OBC that does combine with the NextCruise OBC.

The only time this happened with us is with a TA that required full deposit in order to get a TA sponsored onboard credit. If the TA isn't offering any incentives then there is no reason your NCC reduced deposit shouldn't be accepted. If they are offering an incentive, you should have a choice of either that or the the reduced deposit.

Same thing happened with us, we had to put down an additional $300, to make the deposit $500, but it was only because the OBC and prepaid gratuities offer only applied to bookings with full deposits.

We definitely kept out NCC booking # and kept the $100 OBC for booking onboard, so I had no problem putting down the additional money.

the next cruise certificate is a booking with a number. You can't just throw it at any TA. It's either with RCL or the agent you used for previous cruise

Not true. I have used a Next Cruise certificate, and have booked with an agent. Yes, the certificate does have a booking number. Yes, the agent can accept it. What needs to be done, is that the booking needs to be "transferred" over to the TA. The transfer papers authorizes the booking to be taken out of Royal Caribbean's hands and into your TA's hands.

I have never checked a box to have the certificate assigned to an agent. I did not have to do a full deposit when transferring the booking to an agent, and I did receive what ever perks the TA was offering, in addition to the OBC attached to the NC certificate.

Not true. I have used a Next Cruise certificate, and have booked with an agent. Yes, the certificate does have a booking number. Yes, the agent can accept it. What needs to be done, is that the booking needs to be "transferred" over to the TA. The transfer papers authorizes the booking to be taken out of Royal Caribbean's hands and into your TA's hands.

I have never checked a box to have the certificate assigned to an agent. I did not have to do a full deposit when transferring the booking to an agent, and I did receive what ever perks the TA was offering, in addition to the OBC attached to the NC certificate.

The TA can'texcept it if it isn't in their name.

That's why they sent the OP a transfer form

did I say it couldn't be transferred?

Call me DENSE..but what is she saying EXACTLY>>>

It takes up to 72 hours for a reservation to transfer from the cruise line to us. We need the cruise line’s required deposit amount paid on a reservation in order to book you under a promotion and give the amenities we are offering at that point in time. Since you made the reservation Friday night there was no way to get your Next Cruise in our name before we closed for the weekend. If your Next Cruise was already in CruCon’s name then we would not have required the full $500.00 USD deposit. It would have been the additional amount to fulfill the $500.00 USD in this case.

Call me DENSE..but what is she saying EXACTLY>>>

It takes up to 72 hours for a reservation to transfer from the cruise line to us. We need the cruise line’s required deposit amount paid on a reservation in order to book you under a promotion and give the amenities we are offering at that point in time. Since you made the reservation Friday night there was no way to get your Next Cruise in our name before we closed for the weekend. If your Next Cruise was already in CruCon’s name then we would not have required the full $500.00 USD deposit. It would have been the additional amount to fulfill the $500.00 USD in this case.

Could be either 1 of 2 things...

A. the Next Cruise is NOT in the TA's name as you thought...or

B. The person has no clue how to process a Next Cruise... I vote for B :D

Could be either 1 of 2 things...

A. the Next Cruise is NOT in the TA's name as you thought...or

B. The person has no clue how to process a Next Cruise... I vote for B :D

It sounds to me that that the case was "A", and there was also some sort of time limit to the TA's promotion, i.e., the cruise had to be booked (with the TA who did not own the NC) Friday or else the promo would not be available. The TA's message indicated that it would take up to 72 hours to transfer the booking, and that would be too long. As least I think that's the situation.

It sounds to me that that the case was "A", and there was also some sort of time limit to the TA's promotion, i.e., the cruise had to be booked (with the TA who did not own the NC) Friday or else the promo would not be available. The TA's message indicated that it would take up to 72 hours to transfer the booking, and that would be too long. As least I think that's the situation.

Still not clear on why they need the full deposit NOW though...because of the TA's Promotion??? Kind of defeats the purpose of a Next Cruise Cert. to me anyhow...

Still not clear on why they need the full deposit NOW though...because of the TA's Promotion??? Kind of defeats the purpose of a Next Cruise Cert. to me anyhow...

I agree, it does defeat the purpose of the NC. I think the TA needed the full deposit because they decided they did not have the time to use the NC since it had to be transferred.

Sounds to me like the Next Cruise was not in CruCon's name. The promotion they were advertising was a group promotion, and you cannot be in a group without a full deposit............so they needed to first get the NC transferred into CruCon's name, then the OP would have had to pay the additional monies to make the full deposit ($500 less whatever amount she put on the Next Cruise, either $100 if in her name only or $200 if in two names) in order to receive the group amenities they were offering. I suspect the amenities were only available for a short time, thus the need to do the deposit before the NC could be transferred to them. If you have a NC it cannot be added into a group without full deposit.

You can still get the OBC offered with a NC if you are in a group, so the NC does have a benefit.

The TA would be able to pull up the booking in Cruising Power if it was assigned to that agency and the original deposit would be sufficient. If not, then you would have to get RCI to release it to that agency. The only time we ever had an issue was when we wanted to transfer it to an agency offering incentives. They required us to make the full deposit if we wanted to get the agency incentives. If we were happy to give them the booking with no incentives then they would take it with the reduced deposit.

Archived