Breaking News From The Grand

Shogun

Hi All

Breaking news for you, many will know that the ships pilots in Norway were on strike and only called of there action a few days ago, well Captain just informed us that the shipping lane control people are planning strike action for a couple of days designed to catch the cruise ships including the Grand so we may well miss Oslo, Captain has informed us that talks are on going and he will up date us when he can.

Yours Shogun

Yes Pam I think you may be right. This might just push some over the edge. Of course they will throw in that the ship is nothing but a rust bucket, that the chairs on the decks are just too uncomfortable, there are no matts on the balconies, that the food in the buffet has just gone down hill etc. Have I missed anything.

We are booked for b2b on the Grand for the June23 cruise around Norway and then for the Baltic cruise starting July7 which has Oslo on its itinerary. Consequently, we will be most interested to see a resolution to the issue as otherwise the effect could be quite major.

Kindly keep us info as things develop, please!

Jul

When we miss a port, we look at it as an opportunity to take another cruise to eventually see what we missed! Certainly nothing to be too upset over. We've missed a few ports, but we have seen so many beautiful places -- I never thought I would be a world traveler, but I am, because of cruising. :)

OMG & can you imagine the reviews when they get back!:eek:

I actually look forward to those reviews from an entertainment perspective. It is very amusing to me the whining that is spewed in these situations that it a conspiracy of the cruise line to purposely foul up their vacation. You know when you people watch out on deck you can usually spot one or two who are likely candidates for this type of rant. Most cruisers have missed a port at one time. NO BIG DEAL. You can not control it, don't sweat it.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

Yes Pam I think you may be right. This might just push some over the edge. Of course they will throw in that the ship is nothing but a rust bucket, that the chairs on the decks are just too uncomfortable, there are no matts on the balconies, that the food in the buffet has just gone down hill etc. Have I missed anything.

I think you've covered it!! Imagine, rust on an ocean going vessel!!

We have 18 days (and counting) until we board the Grand. I wonder what the public workers of Norway have planned for the end of the month?

Shogun, you're doing a great job. Even though I have no idea what a right nutter is??

Will this only concern Oslo (the possible strike of shipping lane control people)? Or would all Norwegian ports be striking? If so, I would be very worried if I had Spitsbergen and North Cape scheduled in a few weeks. Southhampton followed by eight Norwegian ports/fjords!

The beds, the weather, the kids running amuck, the room was too cold, the room was too hot, the smokers, the lack of smokers, the chair hogs, the Wake Show, the guy in the inside cabin who ate breakfast at Sabatini's, etc...

The beds' date=' the weather, the kids running amuck, the room was too cold, the room was too hot, the smokers, the lack of smokers, the chair hogs, the Wake Show, the guy in the inside cabin who ate breakfast at Sabatini's, etc...[/quote']

Too warm, too cold, too many old people, too many young people, poor service, bad weather, not enough dolphins and too few stars at night.

The beds' date=' the weather, the kids running amuck, the room was too cold, the room was too hot, the smokers, the lack of smokers, the chair hogs, the Wake Show, the guy in the inside cabin who ate breakfast at Sabatini's, etc...[/quote']

Too warm, too cold, too many old people, too many young people, poor service, bad weather, not enough dolphins and too few stars at night.

And best of all, we're missing the port because the Captain doesn't want to stop there.

When we miss a port, we look at it as an opportunity to take another cruise to eventually see what we missed!

That's looking on the bright side of things! :) I have to keep that thought in mind. We've missed a few ports over the years and I (usually) grumbled at the time...but those were all due to weather, not labor issues.

hi all

breaking news for you, many will know that the ships pilots in norway were on strike and only called of there action a few days ago, well captain just informed us that the shipping lane control people are planning strike action for a couple of days designed to catch the cruise ships including the grand so we may well miss oslo, captain has informed us that talks are on going and he will up date us when he can.

yours shogun

more strikes what else is new

Archived