Bed linen changing?

Ours have been changed every 3 days or so.....once, I nicked myself when I shaved my legs, but I didn't notice it. I sat on the edge of the bed and got a small smudge of blood on the sheet...not a huge deal at all....I used a wash cloth to attempt to remove it....when we returned from dinner, our sheets had been changed! I thought that was above and beyond!!!

True story. Many many years ago we were on Carnival, can't remember which ship. Our sheets were so "picky" that we could not stand them. The room stewart was no where to be found, so I just stripped the bed, threw the sheets on the bathroom floor after marking them with a small red dot.

When we came back to our cabin, the bed was made as perfect as could be. I was happy until I unmade the bed to find the red dots were I put them. He just put the same picky sheets back on the bed. I called housekeeping and got new, I mean NEW SHEETS!:rolleyes:

My longest cruise was 9 nights- never noticed a change if it was done and we were in GS -

We've seen them changing out sheets. Not noticing doesn't mean they weren't:D

Ours have been changed every 3 days or so.....once, I nicked myself when I shaved my legs, but I didn't notice it. I sat on the edge of the bed and got a small smudge of blood on the sheet...not a huge deal at all....I used a wash cloth to attempt to remove it....when we returned from dinner, our sheets had been changed! I thought that was above and beyond!!!

cb - all these years of seeing post from you, I thought you were a man! :D

True story. Many many years ago we were on Carnival, can't remember which ship. Our sheets were so "picky" that we could not stand them. The room stewart was no where to be found, so I just stripped the bed, threw the sheets on the bathroom floor after marking them with a small red dot.

When we came back to our cabin, the bed was made as perfect as could be. I was happy until I unmade the bed to find the red dots were I put them. He just put the same picky sheets back on the bed. I called housekeeping and got new, I mean NEW SHEETS!:rolleyes:

That's hilarious. I have heard of others marking their sheets to see if they have been changed. As far as I know, our sheets have never been changed on a cruise (even a 12 night) but I must say those sheets always felt good after a busy day of touring. No complaints, but now you have me wondering. Maybe I can try pinning a safety pin to the edge of the bottom sheet. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boy am I naive, I always thought they put fresh sheets on every day!!!

I just hope that the sheets are changed from the prior cruise. YIKES! :eek:

Why? There have been posters in the past who act appalled that the sheets aren't changed everyday. I don't know anyone who changes their own sheets everyday at home, so not sure why they'd expect it on vacation.

Not to turn this into a Carnival sheets thread, but on our Carnival cruise, on embarkation day we unmade our bed to find long black curly hairs scattered in the sheets. It was absolutely repulsive. They clearly hadnt been changed from the last cruise, the bed had just been made.

Back on topic, I requested our sheets be changed on the 6th night of our cruise last month and our room steward said he would change them, but when we went to bed that night, they still had the same annoying creases. Maybe he just got busy and forgot. But I don't think they automatically change them on a 7 night cruise.

Not to turn this into a Carnival sheets thread, but on our Carnival cruise, on embarkation day we unmade our bed to find long black curly hairs scattered in the sheets. It was absolutely repulsive. They clearly hadnt been changed from the last cruise, the bed had just been made.

Back on topic, I requested our sheets be changed on the 6th night of our cruise last month and our room steward said he would change them, but when we went to bed that night, they still had the same annoying creases. Maybe he just got busy and forgot. But I don't think they automatically change them on a 7 night cruise.

I look for bed bugs on the fringe of the mattresses , but from now on, I am looking inside the bed for long black hairs. :eek:

Me too! How do they get them so fresh feeling each day? I do know the steward has come to our door with fresh sheets in his arms and asked us to let him in to change before.

I've noticed them changing sheets every 3-4 days. I haven't don't any type of study (like putting dots on sheets) to verify whether they were changed. I only had a problem once with questionable sheets. There was a yellowish stain on it. I wasn't sure if it because the sheets needed changed or if it was a stain that didn't come out in the wash. I asked for fresh sheets and got them promptly from an apologetic cabin steward.

I expect clean sheets upon arrival! To find someone hair or stains is just gross! TBH when I go on a 2 week cruise I will wish them to be changed after the first week. I wouldn't go longer than a week at home without clean sheets so I don't like to on holiday either. Especially as its likely to be hotter than at home. I will be requesting this if not done automatically. I don't think clean sheets upon arrival and clean sheets after 1 week is excessive do you?

I expect clean sheets upon arrival! To find someone hair or stains is just gross! TBH when I go on a 2 week cruise I will wish them to be changed after the first week. I wouldn't go longer than a week at home without clean sheets so I don't like to on holiday either. Especially as its likely to be hotter than at home. I will be requesting this if not done automatically. I don't think clean sheets upon arrival and clean sheets after 1 week is excessive do you?

Agree with you completely - not too much to ask!

Last time on Explorer we had an accident in the bed and had to have the sheets changed, when the room steward came in to change the sheets I asked him when do they normally change the sheets and he told me once per cruise unless there is a stain on the bed or you request it to be changed.

Me too! How do they get them so fresh feeling each day? I do know the steward has come to our door with fresh sheets in his arms and asked us to let him in to change before.

We have had the same expereince before, noticed the cart seemed extra full that day because of all the sheets they were changing. We have never had a problem with this and are fairly picky about sheets (my wife actually irons ours at home :rolleyes:).

We always have had our sheets changed mid-week on all our 7day cruises,,,we did a 10day on Celebrity couple of years back and they changed the sheets twice,,,always feels so good to have fresh sheets:)

Archived