Cabana's on Labadee

wingnutphl

We are looking at getting a cabana on our upcoming Oasis cruise. We have 6 in our party and I see that it holds 4. Is it possible for us to have 6 and just share the chairs or do they restrict access to just 4. I know they have upgraded food but we are all willing to share what is provided for 4 and just go to the regular buffet if we are still hungry.

We aren't looking to break the rules so please don't flame me. If it's strict then we will scrap the idea.

TIA

I'm curious about this too. We have a total of 11 in our party, but most of them will be off doing excursions like the parasailing, water park and the zip line.

I don't really care about the food, but if people from our party are coming and going in and out of our cabana throughout the day, is someone going to stop them?

Barefoot beach access is controled so only Gold seapass cards and people that have paid for a cabana are allowed acccess and is strictly enforced.

I understand Nellies is pretty much uncontroled access.

They state the maximum is 6 - but we had 8 in ours (3 were small children). There's more than enough room for everyone. Price is per cabana, not per person.

Plus your "cabana boy" will set up loungers next to your cabana (he set up 4 for us). You will also have 6 towels, 4 bottles of water in cooler, and float mats waiting for you. It's a fantastic beach day!

FYI - Barefoot beach is real rocky, so bring water shoes if you have sensitive feet!

Most of the seating in the cabana are pillow-covered benches; the ones we saw had two loungers. I don't think you could fit more than one more lounger there.

For us, a cabana wouldn't have been worth the money--I don't really understand the draw. We were on Barefoot Beach and just had the person set up two loungers under a tree.

You must show your Gold SeaPass for entry to Barefoot Beach, and you're given a wrist bracelet (if you've rented a cabana, I assume you also get a bracelet).

Most of the seating in the cabana are pillow-covered benches; the ones we saw had two loungers. I don't think you could fit more than one more lounger there.

For us, a cabana wouldn't have been worth the money--I don't really understand the draw. We were on Barefoot Beach and just had the person set up two loungers under a tree.

Among the draws for those of us, who must limit our sun exposure is the shade they provide, the fans and comfortable lounges, the cabana person who provides bottles of water, and will get your drinks from the bar. In addition we were able to be driven to and from the market area and the bobsled ride as part of the perks that come with access to Barefoot Beach and the cabanas. The snorkel equipment and float mats that come with the rental made the overall cost much more worthwhile, especially when spread among six people.

The cabana made it possible for me and my family to spend the whole day on Labadee without worrying about overexposure to the sun's rays.:)

This post is comming from someone that thought spending money on a cabana was a rediculous waste of money.

We had a large amount of on board credit comming to us so I rented a cabana for my wife and I. There is a long story that I'm not gonna tell here ;) but Nellies beach, Barefoot beach, and a cabana boy have something to do with it so this brought back some great memories for her.

We got to Labadee and went to the area we were to report to. A gentleman told us to go over by the cart and they would take us to our beach. We told the driver were we were going and off we went. They took us by whay I'm gonna call a glorified golf cart to our cabana (NW4 by the way was our cabana number) and were instantly in heaven. The view, the accomodations, being able to either sun or sit in the cabana under a fan, water, and our own "cabana boy" made the day actually the highlight of our cruise.

Normally we are part of the group that gets to Labadee about 10:30-11:00, goes to the beach, swim for about an hour, go eat lunch, go back to the water for about 30 minutes and are usually back on the ship by 1:00-1:30. Not this time. We left Labadee and our cabin about 3:30, did not want to go though.

We will do a cabana the next time we go to Labadee, we feel it is a great experience.

To answer your question, the cabana next to us had 6 and they all fit fine and had a good time. I know they accomodate you with 6 towels. I'm reasonably sure the literature I read stated you could have up to 6 guests in each cabana.

Tim

Among the draws for those of us, who must limit our sun exposure is the shade they provide, the fans and comfortable lounges, the cabana person who provides bottles of water, and will get your drinks from the bar. In addition we were able to be driven to and from the market area and the bobsled ride as part of the perks that come with access to Barefoot Beach and the cabanas. The snorkel equipment and float mats that come with the rental made the overall cost much more worthwhile, especially when spread among six people.

The cabana made it possible for me and my family to spend the whole day on Labadee without worrying about overexposure to the sun's rays.:)

We don't drink there, so that's not an issue--walking up to the buffet for a glass of water was no big deal. If you're a suite guest, you also have the transportation and float mats (not sure about the snorkeling gear), but if you're not in a suite that would save you some money.

Skin cancer survivor here, so I'm careful, but felt the shade and sunscreen was good enough. But with six people, it certainly is more cost-effective than it would have been for us. The people on our cruise that I knew that booked one said they wished they hadn't bothered, but they were all suite guests as well so that helps--you're already on that beach and get some perks.

We just booked our cabana too. There are 8 of us - 4 adults and 4 children. They said it wasn't a problem as the price is per cabana - plus with the kids, we figure they'll spend most of their time in the water rather than the cabana. We want to be there already!

We just booked our cabana too. There are 8 of us - 4 adults and 4 children. They said it wasn't a problem as the price is per cabana - plus with the kids, we figure they'll spend most of their time in the water rather than the cabana. We want to be there already!

Great -

Perhaps you can get that exception in writing. Yes – it is a “price per cabana” , but there is a limit of 6 per cabana. I don’t doubt your response from RCCL. I’m sure you don’t want any surprises once on board.

Have a great cruise

M

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. I would like to rent a cabana for my family of 5. My brother and his family (4 people) are also on this cruise, and I would like to have them join us at Nellie's Beach. Can anyone get on Nellie's Beach, or do you need a wristband or ticket? I want us all to be able to spend the day together.

My kids would be very upset if they were separated from their cousins for the day!

So, can someone please let me know if Nellie's is a restricted area or can my brother and his family join us on the beach (even if they don't use the cabana/upgraded buffet). My thinking is that that they limit access to beach to "cabana only" guests so that it doesn't get crowded. Thanks.

Barefoot beach access is controled so only Gold seapass cards and people that have paid for a cabana are allowed acccess and is strictly enforced.

I understand Nellies is pretty much uncontroled access.

This scares me as we have booked a Cabana and expecting some peace.

If there is uncontrolled access to the Cabanas at Nellies Beach I can see many large parties there.

Archived