Canada Day July 1st - 145 yrs young!

Happy Canada day, We just had the pleasure of spending a week in Montreal and Quebec after our last cruise this year in which we stopped in one of our favorite Cities of Victoria and Vancouver, We love our neighbors to the North and wish them a happy holiday

575908_3693312605945_291126593_n.jpg

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks from Toronto!!!

And to all of our neighbors... enjoy a great weekend!

P.S. you do know there's a Canada Eh thread down in the Floataway lounge don't you? Drop by and say hello.

To all us Canadians have a great Canada Day Weekend. We had our grandchildren and their parents arrive today. Tomorrow is the big day....July 1st. The kids are going to decorate their bikes in red and white and Canadian flags then ride them in the local community parade. The parade will be led by the RCMP in their red serge cerimonial uniforms (sometimes we even have a Mountie who can ride a horse and carry the flag:)), then the Royal Canadian Legion, the army and air force cadets (trying to stay in step) and I understand that this year we are even going to have a pipe band. After the parade we will assemble in a local park where we sing "Oh Canada" in both official languages one being English and the other in the local Sechelt native Indian tongue (the only place in Canada this is done). There will be the speeches from the mayor, our MP and MLA then we cut the big cake for Canada's birthday. It's all pretty small town stuff but having been born and lived in Vancouver for 60 years I now love small town Canada and it makes me proud to be Canadian. Soooo

Happy Canada Day! everyone.

Putterdude

Great stuff ! Well said

We're having our son, DIL, and 2 grandkids here with us too....but as an added bonus, we're sailing on Celebrity tomorrow !! We'll try to keep an eye starboard side when we ''think'' we're sailing by your area....

Any visible ''landmark '' to look for ?

If you raise your cokstail glass high enough, I might get to actually see it...;)

Cheers

145? That's just beginning in countryhood terms ;) The town where I live was settled before the Romans, 2,000 years ago! Happy Birthday, hope you had a good one and I'm looking forward to visiting you for the ninth time in September (with a good few more visits to come, I hope).

Archived