change in passenger number

Boatingmom

Thanks for the quick response! Just in case hubby gets held up. I would msot likely take the offspring and still go.

You can't just substitute someone else. There is more involved. You need to make a formal request and get it approved. Last minutes changes are not permitted.

Thanks for the quick response! Just in case hubby gets held up. I would msot likely take the offspring and still go.

And on that Ruby itinerary, he could catch up at one of the ports on the itinerary.

You can't just substitute someone else. There is more involved. You need to make a formal request and get it approved. Last minutes changes are not permitted.
If the OP changes the name of one of those in the cabin after final payment, there will be a change fee by Princess. It used to be $50.

If the OP changes the name of one of those in the cabin after final payment, there will be a change fee by Princess. It used to be $50.

I may have interpreted it wrong, but my impression was that the original booking was for the OP, her DH and her child.

If her husband was unable to make embarkation, then she and the child would still take the cruise, no addition of a new third person.

It sounds to me to be more like the OP is booked in a quad with dh and kid and is saying that if dh can't make it then the rest can still go as 2 in the 4 person cabin. Didn't seem to be asking if the 3rd person could be swapped

Yes, you woul keep the same cabin. Princess woul not refun anything for DH, if he did not show. Depending on the policy, your insurance may. Check with the insurance policy in advance to see what you would need to get a refund.

yes just wanted to know if i could keep the quad. no substituting:eek:

thanks again!

Yes, with no problems. I have had two sailings with Princess that I booked with one of my irresponsible nieces Mindy. She ended up not being able to go on either and I just told them at embarkation on one of the cruises that she wouldn't be joining. No problems. The cabin had already been paid for so they weren't too worried. If you don't tell the folks at embarkation that all members aren't sailing you might get a call on your cabin phone asking about the party that hasn't checked in. It happened to me on the second cruise Mindy ended up not being able to take. As you might imagine, I wouldn't book a cruise again with her. Much rather cruise with my darling other niece Adelle! Sorry, I digress!

I may have interpreted it wrong, but my impression was that the original booking was for the OP, her DH and her child.

If her husband was unable to make embarkation, then she and the child would still take the cruise, no addition of a new third person.

I interpreted it as the OP was sailing with her DH in a quad and he might not make the sailing. It was hard to tell from the post whether the quad was relevant or not. :)

I think the OP mentioned the quad because the OP thought it might be relevant--in that Princess might want to move someone from a waiting list, perhaps, into their cabin and switch the OP and offspring to a cabin that only holds two.

This post could have explained everything, but alas, it didn't. If she had said "I would most likely still take the offspring and go," it would clearly mean that the offspring were pax #3 & 4 in the cabin, hence the quad. But, she's said she'll "most likely take the offspring and still go," where the "still" would be interpreted by most readers to mean that she alone is the one still going and the offspring is/are (could be singular or plural) new additions.

This is why it's so important to use language precisely.

How nerdy am I?

Archived