Was RCCL your first cruise?

We have theory that people tend to stick with the first cruiseline they experience. We took our first cruise in 1996 and it was with RCCL. Since then we have taken 27 of our 43 cruises with RCCL. We think that RCCL is literally making people miss the boat when they have no ship deployed year round on the West Coast when it could be the first cruise that someone experiences and then they would be very loyal to RCCL. We think that RCCL us trading short term profits in Europe for long term market share in the US and giving that first cruise experience to Carnival, Princess and HAL. What are your opinions?

We have theory that people tend to stick with the first cruiseline they experience.

My first 4 cruises were NCL. Tried a RCI cruise and the rest is history. Been on 2 other lines since, but keep coming back to RCI. :)

Same here, first cruise was with Carnival. Then after about a a dozen and a half of those switched around and graduated through the ranks of Royal Caribbean, Princess, Cruise West, Holland-America, Celebrity, Cunard, going back and forth between different ships and cruise lines depending on what suited my needs and budget. Last three cruises were with Celebrity, next one is with RCI, booked next year on the new Royal Princess.

My first cruise was RCI. The second cruise was Carnival. And yes, we went right back to RCI for the vast majority of our cruises - 3 more on Carnival and 1 on Celebrity.

Respectfully, I think you are wrong with your reasoning concerning the west coast cruises. I think the prices were so low that RCI pulled out. Safety was a good excuse although I don't buy it since other cruise lines are still doing the Mexican Riviera and even RCI goes to Acapulco (on PC cruises), the worst of all as far as I'm concerned.

When RCI puts a ship back on the west coast, people will be so happy that the prices will be higher than ever before. At least for a while. That's what I think anyway.

Gina

First cruise was with NCL followed by Princess. Our third cruise was with Royal to Alaska and we just loved the ship and crew. While we have also sailed with Carnival ( ugh!) we now find that Royal is our first choice and have our next 2 cruises booked with them. :D

I think if someone has an amazing expierence it might help, but I think programs like C&A help keep people more loyal, especially after a couple. If you give up 1 cruises worth of points its not a big deal. If you give up 100 nights at sea its big.

I think they would be more beneficial if they shared the C&A program with their subs, so it keeps you more loyal to a RCCL brand rather than going to Carnival or something else because RCI doesn't go to XXXXXX but Carnival and Celebrity do. You'd be more apt to take a RCCL sub if they recognized you as a previous cruiser.

Our first cruise was a honeymoon cruise on Carnival out of San Juan in 1998. It was a great cruise. However, we have discovered that we really like Royal's product and thier treatment of suite guests. It is a real step up over what we experieinced in suites on Carnival.

As a child I sailed on Cunard and whatever HAL was called then. As an adult it's been RCCL all the way though I am looking at other lines for specific itineraries in the future that RCCL don't offer.... for me the destination is the port of call first, ship second.

Our first cruise was with Royal, then we hopped around based on departure ports and/or itinerary, ended up sailing on Carnival, Celebrity and NCL.

After a while most cruises were on Royal so we stick to it for the loyalty program, as long as I can keep sailing from the Northeast and don't have to fly to florida/Boston.

If Royal pulls out of Baltimore like they did in Phila & Norfolk I may have to switch lines. I just don't like sailing from Bayonne....cruises are too overpriced (I'm sure based on the demand). We live about the same distance from Bayonne and Baltimore so why pay more?

We have theory that people tend to stick with the first cruiseline they experience. We took our first cruise in 1996 and it was with RCCL. Since then we have taken 27 of our 43 cruises with RCCL. We think that RCCL is literally making people miss the boat when they have no ship deployed year round on the West Coast when it could be the first cruise that someone experiences and then they would be very loyal to RCCL. We think that RCCL us trading short term profits in Europe for long term market share in the US and giving that first cruise experience to Carnival, Princess and HAL. What are your opinions?

our 1st cruise was last October on Adventure sailing from Malaga down to the Canaries. We are going on Adventure again on 15th September round the Med and it cant get here quick enough lol xxx

Lol can't say Royal Caribbean was my first cruise--yet. As of August 31st I will be able to say that though! :) Would absolutely love it if they would get a short cruise from the west coast... right now about our only choice is Alaska (which is great this time but I'd love to take 3 or 4 day cruises but going from Oregon to Florida just for a 3 day cruise is kind of hard).

First cruise was with Carnival....no loyalty there! The following 2 cruises were with RCI and the only reason why I'll go back to RCI is because of the megaships. Looking forward to the Oasis in the future but there's no loyalty there either. The present 2 cruises will be with Celebrity....based on the input I've received from friends, I might find some loyalty with this line. We'll see....

Archived