Is this the new Sunshine?

I highly doubt it. I suspect that this is someone's rendering of what they THINK it will look like.

There are a couple of reasons why I think this...

1) There is no obvious Viking Crown. The cruise lines like to have their ships be distinctive from a distance. The Viking Crown is one of those distinctive feature. You should be able to look at a ship from miles away and go "OMG, I want to be on that RCI ship!". :D

2) The proportions on the front are wrong. RCI just doesn't design ships with fronts that look like that (in my opinion).

Honestly, there's nothing in that rendering that cries out "Royal Caribbean" to me. Take the logo off the stack and I'd say it was an NCL ship. :(

There is no obvious Viking Crown. The cruise lines like to have their ships be distinctive from a distance. The Viking Crown is one of those distinctive feature. You should be able to look at a ship from miles away and go "OMG, I want to be on that RCI ship!". :D

(

It looks like there is one to me.:confused:

I agree. The dimensions seem wrong, it is way too boxy

I think the picture might be a bit deceiving. If you look, the paper itself is creased, and the right hand side (the bow) is bent away. I think that might be making the bow appear a little steeper.

If this is real, here are 2 things I like:

1. LOTS of balconies (8 decks worth)

2. What appears to be the MDR location all the way aft with floor to ceiling windows on 3 of the 4 sides

And 2 things I don't like:

1. The design looks way too boxy for my tastes.

2. Appears to be missing a true promenade deck with unobstructed sea views. Looks like the lifeboats are positioned like on Oasis class

Interesting! This could be it or possibly one of the many ideas they have come up with. Honestly, it does look like an NCL ship even the name of the supposed dining room "Spice" seems very NCL-ish to me! Nevertheless, it looks interesting. I can't wait to learn of all the details.

I love Royal Caribbean ships and the way they look from afar, so I'm hoping this is NOT a rendering of a Sunshine class ship.....it is just too ugly. Looks like an office building at sea!

That's what they said about Oasis when the first renderings came out.

I'm afraid cause...

a) it's ugly

b) it has the new lifeboat strategy which is they are now low and able to be deployed when the ship is at a decent angle.

c) it still does have a bit of a crown... just not much likely due to better arodynamics?

I hope it's not sunshine cause it sure is ugly and the lack of a significant bow takes us further away from what they are... ships.

:(

Archived