• 46-50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76-80
    • older than 80

There have been a lot of discussions about the age of Celebrity passengers, so I thought it was be interesting to do this poll.

hope that those looking to cruise celebrity realize, this poll is not an accurate representation of celebrity passengers ages.

as a few others have stated, it's a great poll to survey the ages of those who register on cc. and who read the celebrity board.

and who decide to participate in the poll.

as with all polls, methodology can cause misleading results.

enjoy the perseid meteor shower to nite :)

How many times have you celebrated that 39th birthday? Inquiring minds want to know!

I changed my screen name to Nereus, from Greek Mythology, The Old Man of the Sea. In April at the Captain's Club Celebration on Constellation, a Viking Helmet that I had lost while sailing with Leif Erickson, was returned to me. ;)

I changed my screen name to Nereus, from Greek Mythology, The Old Man of the Sea. In April at the Captain's Club Celebration on Constellation, a Viking Helmet that I had lost while sailing with Leif Erickson, was returned to me. ;)

Cute and funny!! If you had traveled with Leif Ericson, then that means you've celebrated your 39th birthday about 980 times. Good work!! After sailing with Leif that far back in history, then you would definitely like the comfort and food with Celebrity.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 96,664 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I am looking at the 4 who are 80 plus and hoping they will be cruising for many more years. Good for them. :)

Anne

Thanks, we are booked on the 9/22/12 Panama canal cruise on the Millenium and the 12/10/12 Equinox.I am 84 and DH is 86 and will celebrate our 66th wedding anniversary in Sept. God willing and the creeks don't rise as my mother used to say. LOL:D

My husband just celebrated the 25th anniversary of his 39th birthday!

Actually, we love the varied ages on cruises. We have had many wonderful and interesting conversations with young couples in their 20s as well as those in their 80's ( lots of travel experiences).

The issue with some of these types of polls, is that future 1st-time cruisers, may feel that Celebrity isn't the best cruiseline for them. When in reality, the demographics you find, once onboard, are so varied.

I'd really hate to see cruisers younger than 50 turn away from this cruiseline.

We are in the 41-45 yr age group and the 'older' demographic is one of the things we like about Celebrity. And we just started cruising last Nov 2011 (will be on our 3rd cruise this year this Celebrity!)

I lied! On an annonymous poll, I lied! I am one sick puppy.

But I was once asked if they made a movie of your life, who would play you and I answered Duke Wayne...the only thing we have in common is we are both Homo Sapiens. I'm afraid Groucho Marx would have been closer.....oh God, I just revealed my actual age!

Den

I have had my 39th several times, lol, to make it to 53 now. DH is 56. We love to sail with the more seasoned traveler (we have 30 cruises so far), as they are so full of travel stories and information. We have learned so much for them. Age is only a number. It continues to grow larger each year, and that is a good thing, as it is better than the alternative!

Hi Volfan....did you happen to read the thread? It was closed by Host

Walt due to insults along the way. And I know 2 people who had

posted on it who have since passed away.....

Ironically, no matter if it is 2008 or 2012....topics come and go and

come again......the more things change the more they stay the same.

I read it a while ago. I was hoping people would just look at the results of the poll and not read the thread. It will be interesting to compare the two polls to see the changes in the age range. Although, there is nothing scientific in the poll, because it just depends on who is reading Cruise Critic and responding.

But, this thread is much more welcoming!

I read it a while ago. I was hoping people would just look at the results of the poll and not read the thread. It will be interesting to compare the two polls to see the changes in the age range. Although, there is nothing scientific in the poll, because it just depends on who is reading Cruise Critic and responding.

But, this thread is much more welcoming!

Definitely not scientific. You might be 45 and cruise on Celebrity a lot or 65 and haven't been on them for six years. Too many other variables and more to the point, for me at least not really caring because I like people of all ages.

Phil

My husband and I just turned 30 :eek: so that definitely puts us in the younger demographic for Celebrity. We don't feel out of place at all, and have met wonderful people of all ages on our previous cruises.

I'm a little nervous that we might be even more in the minority on our 15-nighter coming up in December, but that didn't stop me from booking. We cruise to relax and spend time together, and the laid back atmosphere on Celebrity is perfect for us. We feel very fortunate that we have the income and work flexibility to enjoy these trips while we're still young.

• 10 months later...

I realize this is an old post, but thought I would write about my experience in case anyone may be searching for this information. Before we booked our Celebrity Silhouette Caribbean cruise in March 2013, I researched the average age of passengers. Being prime Spring Break time, I expected that the average age would drop due to travelling families. My husband and I are both in our 40's with two sons aged 11 and 13. Most of the research indicated that the average Celebrity cruiser was in their 50's. Cruise Critic's review of the line indicates that Celebrity Silhouette's average cruiser is in their 40-50's and we used that as our guideline.

Our experience was that the average Celebrity Silhouette cruiser during Spring Break is likely in their mid 60's. Much older than we expected. The entertainment and activities are also geared to this age group. I have to admit that my husband and I felt very young.

There were many families, but again much less than expected. Fewer than 10% of the passengers were kids 18 and under on our sailing. The Kid's Clubs seem better geared to younger children. Ship's clubs and activities in general do not appeal to the Tween/Teen crowd. Activities for this group appear to be focused on gaming. Our kids spend enough time at home gaming. I don't want them to spend their vacation glued to a screen. It would be nice if the cruise line put more effort into activities for this group.

The ship is beautiful and the food, service and accommodations are very good, just know that the average passenger is a fair bit older than what you might read or see in the ads.

This is totally OT, but seeing this thread has reminded me that I have not seen any posts by Bridge Maven for many, many months. She(I think it's she) used to be very active, & as I recall was fond of starting interesting polls.:confused:

Were we to answer with the age per our drivers lic. . . . OR . . . our "state of mind"? The early 60's are the new "middle age"!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 96,664 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

I'm with you Terry!

This is totally OT, but seeing this thread has reminded me that I have not seen any posts by Bridge Maven for many, many months. She(I think it's she) used to be very active, & as I recall was fond of starting interesting polls.:confused:

She suddenly stopped posting about a year ago. I wonder why? I hope she is well.

Were we to answer with the age per our drivers lic. . . . OR . . . our "state of mind"? The early 60's are the new "middle age"!! That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Bravo Terry !!

Carole & Alan from Solstice Barcelona 2011

Old thread but with with this demo as a sample, it is hard to understand why we were greeted with banging drums & blaring techno when we boarded Silho this past Spring...the banging drum, rap & techno predominated....

I do not need a return to the welcome aboard harpist, which was very nice & classy, but something less offensive would get us back to X more often these days!

I know this thread is about age demographics, but we always wonder if Celeb is aware of it demographics when they book these groups....not only is it the age of pax..but how many cruise several times each yr & in what categories? (maybe another poll for another time!)

Archived