Bottles of Wine question

Kenlorz

We are sailing the Allure in March. We looked into getting the wine package, but it doesn't look like it will work out well for us based on the wines we like. We would greatly enjoy having a glass of wine late night on our balcony. Can you order a bottle of wine from room service? If so, will they bring a bottle opener and glasses, too? If you can't get a bottle of wine from Room Service, can you get them from any bar or only certain bars? Thanks in advance!!!! :D

You can order the wine package and if there is wine left after dinner you can take it back to the cabin to drink. If you want, you could also ask to take another bottle on your list back to the cabin. I bought a five wine pkge and brought two bottles home! It's your wine to do with as you see fit. Just enjoy!

We are sailing the Allure in March. We looked into getting the wine package, but it doesn't look like it will work out well for us based on the wines we like. We would greatly enjoy having a glass of wine late night on our balcony. Can you order a bottle of wine from room service? If so, will they bring a bottle opener and glasses, too? If you can't get a bottle of wine from Room Service, can you get them from any bar or only certain bars? Thanks in advance!!!! :D

Yes, you can order single bottles of wine from room service or bars. Either will give you glasses and a corkscrew. Vintages will have the most selection on Allure.

After talking to a work colleague she said that her husband always packs a bottle of red wine in his suit case on all thier cruises.

SORRY but if that wine went over my evening dress etc i would not be happy!!

Thanks for all the responses!

Does anyone know if the wine from room service is marked up higher than the just getting a bottle from the bars? Does anyone have a copy of the bottles of wine available from room service?

I like riesling. The Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling from what I have seen is $29 a bottle in most of the on board restaurants (which is the exact same amount that it averages on the Platinum 5 bottle wine package, so zero savings there... BTW, Reason I would rather not just go with the package is that I doubt I will use/need 5 bottles). Big question then for us... will it be $29 from room service, too? Then again, is the riesling ever available from Room Service, because it's not available from Gift & Gear (I looked into that option... it would have been easier) Anyone recently order a bottle of the riesling from Room Service?

Thanks for all the responses!

Does anyone know if the wine from room service is marked up higher than the just getting a bottle from the bars? Does anyone have a copy of the bottles of wine available from room service?

I like riesling. The Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling from what I have seen is $29 a bottle in most of the on board restaurants (which is the exact same amount that it averages on the Platinum 5 bottle wine package, so zero savings there... BTW, Reason I would rather not just go with the package is that I doubt I will use/need 5 bottles). Big question then for us... will it be $29 from room service, too? Then again, is the riesling ever available from Room Service, because it's not available from Gift & Gear (I looked into that option... it would have been easier) Anyone recently order a bottle of the riesling from Room Service?

The same bottle should have the same price all over the ship.

Yes, you can order single bottles of wine from room service or bars. Either will give you glasses and a corkscrew. Vintages will have the most selection on Allure.

The main dining room wine list is the most extensive on any RCI ship. Vintages has a different selection, but the MDR has the most in sheer numbers.:)

I haven't looked at the room service menu lately, but the last time I did, the choices were very limited. The bars can only sell you what's on their lists, also quite limited. I recommend that you order a bottle at dinner and bring it back to your cabin with a couple of wine glasses. Pack a corkscrew or ask your cabin attendant to get one for you.

You can see the full MDR wine list (I think it's still current from 2010) by following the link to pictures in my signature.

The main dining room wine list is the most extensive on any RCI ship. Vintages has a different selection, but the MDR has the most in sheer numbers.:)...

Yes, of course that's true. The OP was talking about ordering a bottle from room service or a bar, and I should have said that Vintages would have the best selection, outside of the MDR list. ;)

We have a "cabin" kit that we always pack. This is where we have nail files and clippers, sewing kit, emergency first aid kit, etc. We also have a wine opener, and wine stopper in the kit. That way we don't have to worry about getting the cork back in the bottle if we don't finish the entire bottle.

We also have a champagne stopper, in case we do a bottle of bubbly.

Archived