Idea for a new sticky

magandab

Dinner:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34982632&postcount=10

Lunch:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34982643&postcount=11

Mariner discounts apply, but only for the 3* or 4* Mariners, not everyone at the table. At least that's the way it was for us twice on the Nieuw Amsterdam when I booked for four people, two of which were on their first HAL cruise.

Here's a link to dinner, posted just yesterday:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34982632&postcount=10

Thank you John and Ruth (and KK) - the Tamarind menus are now up on that web page. 3 more questions: Is the Tamarind only on the Signature ships, the Vista ships or both of these? Do 3&4* discounts apply for dinner at the Tamarind? Do 3&4* discounts apply for Le Cirque?

3 more questions: Is the Tamarind only on the Signature ships, the Vista ships or both of these? Do 3&4* discounts apply for dinner at the Tamarind? Do 3&4* discounts apply for Le Cirque?

You're welcome.

Tamarind is only on the Signature ships E-dam and Nieuw Amsterdam, along with the Silk Den Lounge nearby.

Yes, 3 & 4* Mariner discounts do apply at Tamarind. I believe I have read here that the discounts also apply in Le Cirque, but am not positive.

Yes, the Tamarind is only on the two Signature ships, and yes the discounts apply at dinner (the only time you pay there), but not necessarily for the entire table as I said in post #21. Others have reported that they have been able to extend their 3*/4* discounts to their guests in the PG, but two times on the N.A. that was not the case for me.

I don't know about Le Cirque.

edit: Ruth, this time we posted in the same minute! :)

edit: Ruth, this time we posted in the same minute! :)

And you've both helped get this web page complete - thank you, great group effort! I'll wait to hear for confirmation about the Mariner discount for Le Cirque before I update that.

I've created a web page with all the menus (with immense thanks to KK for posting them all to start with - she gets most of the credit, all I did was format what she wrote):

http://bcdenterprises.net/HALmenus/

I need the menu for Tamarind.

KK just mentioned menus that change - the Mariner's brunch menu changes, too - should I add that or not?

It has an email link for when someone has a new menu to post.

Joanie - feel free to link to this from your web page.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Looks absolutely fabulous and simple to read:)

I will add it to the Main Page for sure!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Just uploaded the Main Index Page with the link to your page now!!

I also wanted to thank you for doing this for us all!! Since the menu does change quite often, I was hesitant to even think of taking up the gauntlet when Roy suggested it *Hanging head in shame/embarrassment:)

Joanie

And you've both helped get this web page complete - thank you, great group effort! I'll wait to hear for confirmation about the Mariner discount for Le Cirque before I update that.

Mariner discounts apply for Le Cirque:):) We've gotten them:):)

I think the only thing they don't count for is Sommelier dinner (pretty much gone by the wayside) and the Chef's Table (or whatever the right term is)

We got our 3* discount for Le Cirque on the Maasdam in April. :) In fact the dinner was gifted to us from our DS and DIL, and then HAL gave us OBC for the difference because we're 3-star. Nice deal, like 2 gifts in 1. :)

Mariner discounts apply for Le Cirque We've gotten them

I think the only thing they don't count for is Sommelier dinner (pretty much gone by the wayside) and the Chef's Table (or whatever the right term is)

We got our 3* discount for Le Cirque on the Maasdam in April. In fact the dinner was gifted to us from our DS and DIL, and then HAL gave us OBC for the difference because we're 3-star. Nice deal, like 2 gifts in 1.

Thank you both - I think it's pretty complete now. Thanks to all who have contributed to this project - it was fun!

I also wanted to thank you for doing this for us all!! Since the menu does change quite often, I was hesitant to even think of taking up the gauntlet when Roy suggested it *Hanging head in shame/embarrassment

Joanie

No need to be embarrassed or ashamed - you've undertaken a huge project already. I'm glad to help with a project that won't be so big. And they do go hand in hand nicely! I know it will need updating occasionally and hope people will send me the new menus as they encounter them.

I purposefully did not include MDR lunch and dinner menus because they change daily and may differ from ship to ship and by locale and season. Also, the Mariner's Brunch seems to change too much to include it - although I could, if you all think it would be a good idea.

Mariner discounts apply for Le Cirque:):) We've gotten them:):)

There have been Sommelier and Chef's Dinner on our last cruises and we did not get a discount for them.

Archived