Anytime Entertainment??

mikjr

I don't really like the Piazza performances--it is so crowded, no place to sit or even stand and get a view. Actually, we avoid them unless we just happen to be walking by and then we might stop for a minute or two, if we can find a spot to see.

This was copying RCCL and poorly done IMO. RCCL has a much larger promenade area to do this in.

I agree, and even on RCL it's hard to find a good place to see the parades and such.

I was referring to the individual jugglers, acrobats and entertainers on RCCL but you are right, it is difficult to see the parade also.

Princess had a very loud band playing in the Piazza, it cleared out the Pizzeria and Vines on the Sapphire. So much for a classy place to hang out.

I would love for them to get rid of this (entertainment in piazza).

A good pianist or a string quartet...that's classy Piazza entertainment. And all you have to do enjoy them is listen; you don't have to have a sightline to enjoy either one, so no standing on stairs or squeezing in around sales tables.

I am hopeful that Princess will return to those days, and end their efforts to be a floating busker fest.

A good pianist or a string quartet...that's classy Piazza entertainment. And all you have to do enjoy them is listen; you don't have to have a sightline to enjoy either one, so no standing on stairs or squeezing in around sales tables.

I am hopeful that Princess will return to those days, and end their efforts to be a floating busker fest.

I like that type of entertainment better too. Relaxing and not so crowded.

I agree 100% in this! This was non-existant on my last 3 cruises on Princess :(

I like that type of entertainment better too. Relaxing and not so crowded.

I do too! Princess is no longer the classy line it once used to be.

I agree, too. I don't like the crowds that line the stairs with the "busker" entertainment sometimes. They create a hazard, and I'm afraid someone--like me!--will fall down the stairs if the ship rocks, and there is no railing to hold onto.

It's so pleasant to enjoy a beverage and listen to the piano music or the string quartet. I miss that.

I do like the shorter evening shows. It seems to be easier to get a seat when there are 3 shows a night, and it leaves time for other activities besides just going to a show. On our Emerald TA in September we went to more shows than we've done on other cruises since they were shorter.

Guest entertainers don't do three shows in a night.

The fleet wide initiative Anytime Entertainment of shorter shows repeated more times includes Guest Entertainers. Why would you say it doesn't?

It has been implemented on some ships already but not all.

Agree 1000%

*giggling at "floating busker fest"*

It's like Princess is now catering to the toddler set: nothing lasting more than 30 minutes; everything should be shiny and loud; constant visual stimulation. Brought to you by the same geniuses who thought people in Club Fusion would rather watch on a television screen the action happening on stage 20 feet away, instead of actually being able to see that action for themselves. . . .

The fleet wide initiative Anytime Entertainment of shorter shows repeated more times includes Guest Entertainers. Why would you say it doesn't?

It has been implemented on some ships already but not all.

On our recent 49 night SA cruise on the Grand, the guest entertainers' shows were 30 minutes, but they were usually (or maybe always) only two shows each night.

We got off the Star last week. Yes, the shows on that ship were shorter- 30 mins for the production shows and all other shows in the theater. They were repeated once or twice that evening - 7, 9 and 10:45pm or 8:15 and 10pm. We didn't like the half hour shows as we found ourselves running around from one place to another more than before to fill the evening.

There were three production shows on the 16 day cruise and then a variety of singers, musicians (harmonica player,guitarist, pianist) a couple of comedians and a ventriloquist all playing in the theater. In the lounges there were trivia games many evenings and frequently a quartet playing.

The lounges were frequently packed, especially on the evenings where there wasn't a show in the theater. If we didn't get to the lounge half an hour before, it was standing room only.

Agree 1000%

*giggling at "floating busker fest"*

It's like Princess is now catering to the toddler set: nothing lasting more than 30 minutes; everything should be shiny and loud; constant visual stimulation. Brought to you by the same geniuses who thought people in Club Fusion would rather watch on a television screen the action happening on stage 20 feet away, instead of actually being able to see that action for themselves. . . .

I was actually insulted when I read that Princess was adopting AE to address passengers' shorter attention spans (especially when we all know that theater seating limitations and cost savings had to be higher on the list of reasons why).

I was actually insulted when I read that Princess was adopting AE to address passengers' shorter attention spans (especially when we all know that theater seating limitations and cost savings had to be higher on the list of reasons why).

Your comment about "shorter attention spans" reminds me of the lecturer we had on our January Panama Canal cruise. In a drawling voice he would repeat a whole lot of information, then comment "There's no harm in hitting the Refresh button now and again, particularly when I look around at the age of my audience." Apparently it didn't occur to him that he was being insulting.:)

you should have added "on the ships I have been on this is the case"

seriously ... is everyone else on this thread making this up??

There were only two shows of the singer/comedienne and the puppet guy on my British Isles cruise last summer. I hope that is good enough for you, your nastiness.

There were only two shows of the singer/comedienne and the puppet guy on my British Isles cruise last summer. I hope that is good enough for you, your nastiness.

I know of at least one ship where it wasn't rolled out until September 2012, so it's quite possible that that was the case on your British Isles cruise too.

His first hand information in incorrect per recent Crown patters....I totally agree with your answer.

you should have added "on the ships I have been on this is the case"

seriously ... is everyone else on this thread making this up??

I don't think anyone on this thread doubted that on your particular cruise the acts didn't do 3 shows a night.

There are many ships in the fleet where AE has not been implemented yet and possibly will not be

Your statement "Guest Entertainers don't do three show in a night" has however been clearly shown to not be true.

I don't think anyone on this thread doubted that on your particular cruise the acts didn't do 3 shows a night.

There are many ships in the fleet where AE has not been implemented yet and possibly will not be

Your statement "Guest Entertainers don't do three show in a night" has however been clearly shown to not be true.

But just because the 30-minute show format has been introduced, doesn't necessarily mean (on some ships) that there will be three shows by Guest Entertainers. There weren't always three shows on the 49 night cruise on the Grand (January-Mar) but that might have been because the theatre was only part full for every show even when there were two.

But just because the 30-minute show format has been introduced, doesn't necessarily mean (on some ships) that there will be three shows by Guest Entertainers.

Totaly agree. What I've been saying all along.

Some ships have it, some don't, some will in future , some may never do it, but it does exist despite what some seem to be saying

Archived