Just got a complimentary Oasis upgrade!!

I just got a call from C&A to offer us a free upgrade from our JS to a GS on Oasis Sept. 8. Whoopie! We began sailing in GS's after we got a free upgrade to GS a few years ago on Mariner. We didn't book a GS on Oasis because they are so expensive. So we're very happy with our current upgrade. I questioned the rep about how upgrades are determined. She said the Revenue Dept. notifies C&A which cabins they can offer as a complimentary upgrade and which cabins can be offered to upgrade at a price. In each catagory, free or at a price, C&A then begins with Pinnacle and Diamond +. We are D+ with 331 points.

I just got a call from C&A to offer us a free upgrade from our JS to a GS on Oasis Sept. 8. Whoopie! We began sailing in GS's after we got a free upgrade to GS a few years ago on Mariner. We didn't book a GS on Oasis because they are so expensive. So we're very happy with our current upgrade. I questioned the rep about how upgrades are determined. She said the Revenue Dept. notifies C&A which cabins they can offer as a complimentary upgrade and which cabins can be offered to upgrade at a price. In each catagory, free or at a price, C&A then begins with Pinnacle and Diamond +. We are D+ with 331 points.

A big congrats on the upgrade! We're on Allure the next week and there are several GS and higher staterooms available. One of our friends changed from a GS to a loft suite for pretty much the same price even though the pricing has been far more expensive for a CL all along. A suite guarantee is now less than the remaining balcony cabins in some classes. We are D+ and are forever hopeful for an upgrade.

We love reading about someone receiving an upgrade. Good for you. We hope to be able to report back on similar good fortune...hopefully someday soon.

Have a fantastic vacation.

Congrats on the upgrade! Still not sure how upgrades are determined as we got upgraded from a D1 to a JS on our second ever RCCL cruise. However, both cruises were on the awesome Oasis!:)

Congratulations. We're sailing on Allure 9/23 & 9/30 and are hoping the upgrade fairy pays us our first visit. Fingers/toes crossed. :)

we have a grand suite garentee for 10/28 allure cruise so i guess we have a long wait for the uf but we are only gold and will be platium during this cruise there are only cl suites left and only 1 so i am wondering where they could possibly put us

It's amazing what can open up within a few weeks of a cruise. You may get a GS or something better. Good luck:)

Archived