Aqua Class vs. Concierge

cambriah

You can "get" anything in any class, sometimes you just have to pay extra. My quotes were directly from Celebrity web. "in general" you do not get the free afternoon Appetizers or fresh flowers in AQ. Maybe YOU got them. However those are some items that AQ should not "expect" because they are NOT a standard offering.

Wrong! You do receive the free afternoon canapes and fresh flowers. As a matter of fact, on our last AQ, we received daily shrimp cocktails in lieu of the canapes.

In "general" Aqua gives you the option of eating in Blu and using the Persian Garden which is just a small part of the Spa -

Many are under the impresson that Aqua gets all the concierge amenities as well, this is not correct.

For Aqua this comes directly off the Celebrity website but remember "everything is subject to change ....... quote "As well, in-room amenities include: Aroma scent selections, Hansgrohe “shower tower,” Frette bathrobes and slippers, pillow menu to customize your night’s sleep, and daily deliveries of bottled water and teas..." Unquote

. Concierge Class gives you the extra amenities .. again straight off their website (current at the time of this posting) .... quote "Designed for the traveler who settles in nicely to veranda staterooms where little details make a big difference. Savor unexpected delights such as fresh flower arrangements, evening hors d'oeuvres, and priority seating in the main dining room and specialty restaurants. The attention to detail will amaze you, even as you sleep on the perfect pillow you've selected from our pillow menu. If personalized Concierge service, priority check-in and priority disembarkation appeal to you, Concierge Class is your clear choice...." unquote

I wonder if you have actually stayed in Aqua Class. Snacks are usually delivered at 4:00 pm. Gives just enough time to finish them and go to Elite Hour for additional snacks. After that right to dinner. Just can't figure out why my pants shrink so much around the waist when I cruise.

You can "get" anything in any class, sometimes you just have to pay extra. My quotes were directly from Celebrity web. "in general" you do not get the free afternoon Appetizers or fresh flowers in AQ. Maybe YOU got them. However those are some items that AQ should not "expect" because they are NOT a standard offering.

When someone uses all caps in a sentence it is poor etiquette since it is considered screaming. Maybe the original poster wanted to scream. If one decides to scream at others on this or other forums please be wise enough to at least be correct.

When someone uses all caps in a sentence it is poor etiquette since it is considered screaming. Maybe the original poster wanted to scream. If one decides to scream at others on this or other forums please be wise enough to at least be correct.

Hi,

Lets not confuse the Original Poster of this thread...with another poster here....The OP was just seeking opinions on Aqua vs Concierge vs Regular cabin....and although this thread has taken a turn....I hope the OP received enough info to help with their original inquiry.

OP....best you peruse the Celebrity website to compare the amenities of each class of cabin. Though I have never stayed in Aqua Class...after reading hundreds of posts on here...it seems quite a few book AQ primarily to dine in Blu....You'll hopefully be able to determine which best suits your tastes and needs. Best of luck....and Happy Cruising !

Woody

Hi,

Lets not confuse the Original Poster of this thread...with another poster here....The OP was just seeking opinions on Aqua vs Concierge vs Regular cabin....and although this thread has taken a turn....I hope the OP received enough info to help with their

My most heart felt apologizes to the original poster. Thank you for pointing out my mistake of correcting the wrong person. That's the wait usually goes. I'm surprised I didn't have a glaring grammatical mistake in my post. Anyway my point was if you are going to scream at least be right. I didn't scream but I was wrong so I guess I made my own point.

And also recognize that one word in all caps is generally there for emphasis especially since not everyone can post in a format that allows underlining. Whole sentences in all caps is mostly recognized as yelling.

So if I WANTED to scream, I WOULD WRITE IT THIS WAY :):):)

We are not "spa people" but we really enjoyed AQ on Eclipse. Blu suited us very well. The room is smaller and more attractive (in our opinion, anyway) than the MDR, service was excellent and the food was individually prepared, not mass produced like it often seems in the MDR. But in addition, we went a few times to relax on the stone loungers in the Persian Gardens (with a killer view!). And we sat almost every day for awhile in the Relaxation Room, which is a quiet and uncrowded area looking out over the bow of the ship. I suppose it would depend on the price difference, but we did think AQ was a cut above.

:confused: We are looking into a cruise to Alaska in late June, 2013 and an aquaintance of ours suggested that we look into booking a Stateroom in either The Aqua or Concierge Class.

We normally book a basic Balcony Cabin.

Can anyone explain the differences or pros/cons of Aqua vs Concierge? We are two seniors and are not big on spending time at the Spa.

Thanks in advance!!

Cambriah

here are your aqua amenities

its your dollar and your decision

good luck and there is no wrong choice

Lastly the Hors d'oevres are not so good and neither are the wilted flowers, these are no big deals, beleive me you will not go hungry onboard

AquaClass®

These veranda staterooms offer spa elements infused into the stateroom experience and priority seating in the exclusive and chic specialty restaurant, Blu. These spa-inspired staterooms, offer unlimited access to the AquaSpa® Relaxation Room (on Solstice Class only) and Persian Garden as well as a host of other soothing extras. If you love the spa, there's no finer way to travel.

Restaurants & Cafes

staterooms_dining.jpgGet ready for a culinary adventure as you indulge in globally inspired restaurants.Learn More

Spa & Fitness

staterooms_spa.jpgDid you know that pampering yourself is actually good for your health?Learn More

CelebrityLifeSM Activities

staterooms_activities.jpgFrom morning until night, there are literally hundreds of different activities happening on a Celebrity ship.Learn More

All staterooms include:

Services

• Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1
  • Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• 24 hour complimentary room service

Amenities

• Robe
  • Complimentary tote bag
  • Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • Water/wine glasses
  • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and 100% pure Egyptian cotton linens
  • Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

• Private mini-bar*
  • Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
  • Private safe
  • Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition AquaClassstaterooms include:

Services

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments
  • Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Dining

• Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

• Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga

Stateroom Features

• Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

STOP QUOTING THE CELEBRITY WEB PAGES...THEY ARE WRONG!!!

Yes, that was yelling!

You get all concierge benefits PLUS the Aqua perks.

If you are still confused go back to the beginning of this post...and then read all the posts on this thread from those of us that book and cruise aqua class and have sailed recently.

And also recognize that one word in all caps is generally there for emphasis especially since not everyone can post in a format that allows underlining. Whole sentences in all caps is mostly recognized as yelling.

So if I WANTED to scream, I WOULD WRITE IT THIS WAY :):):)

Any word in all caps in an email or online is considered screaming. There is no exception for wanting to underline.

sailed CC on Summit in 2010 and AQ in 2011 - in room amenities were absolutely identical... BLU was the only real difference

Hi Jborosara...

Re: Aquaclass:

Did you not get the Aromatherapy sticks (I do not like them), the flavored ice teas, and the complimentary water that would be replenished as you used it? What about the enhanced shower?

Those are the differences in Aquaclass in-room amenities that I can remember. All of the Concierge CLass amenities are indeed included in Aquaclass staterooms.

Hi Jborosara...

Re: Aquaclass:

Did you not get the Aromatherapy sticks (I do not like them), the flavored ice teas, and the complimentary water that would be replenished as you used it? What about the enhanced shower?

Those are the differences in Aquaclass in-room amenities that I can remember. All of the Concierge CLass amenities are indeed included in Aquaclass staterooms.

yes - we got aroma sticks - i also did not like them - they made me sneeze, thus the oversight

also got the flavored teas which were, on some days quite good - on others not so much...

we had premium package so water not an issue for us

but also got canapes (again so-so), nice totes, fluffy robes, flowers, and sparkling wine (which we never even opened - again premium package - no real reason)

yes, the shower was enhanced - however, still had cloth curtain (which drives me crazy) and it took me several days to figure out how to use the shower....

however - i loved BLU so much that it would take a lot for me to sail anything other than AQ....

Just curious about Blu.... about how many people would you say are seated in Blu on an S class ship for dinner at peak times?

Do you sit at the same table throughout the cruise? Same wait staff?

Does the food tend to be low calorie/carbs or can you get most anything?

Can you eat in the MDR occasionally if you wish?

Just curious about Blu.... about how many people would you say are seated in Blu on an S class ship for dinner at peak times?

We had to go to Blu for the muster drill. It is small about the size of Tuscan Grille and the tables were spread out about like Tuscan Grille. When we ate at Tuscan Grille there was at least 30 people there the same time as us. When we did Murano's we saw only 2 other couples and the tables were much further apart than the Tuscan Grille. That is why I felt Muranos was more intimate.

However compared to a dining room with tables squeezed close together that held more like 100 people in the area we sat, I can see why Blu would be better. I would think the Blu would hold no more than 100 people and they would be spread out over the restaurant-plus the tables are spread further apart, as I said, similar to Tuscan Grille.

We had to go to Blu for the muster drill. It is small about the size of Tuscan Grille and the tables were spread out about like Tuscan Grille. When we ate at Tuscan Grille there was at least 30 people there the same time as us. When we did Murano's we saw only 2 other couples and the tables were much further apart than the Tuscan Grille. That is why I felt Muranos was more intimate.

However compared to a dining room with tables squeezed close together that held more like 100 people in the area we sat, I can see why Blu would be better. I would think the Blu would hold no more than 100 people and they would be spread out over the restaurant-plus the tables are spread further apart, as I said, similar to Tuscan Grille.

To clarify when I say it would hold 100 people- I meant IF every table was filled. I am not sure if would be the way it was in the Tuscan Grille where they had one or 2 tables empty between tables where people sat.

My guess would be with that being assigned seating, you would see less empty tables.

Thanks for the info, momofmeg. We are going on a 14 day cruise on the Eclipse in Feb of 2014, so its a long way off. I booked 8252, which is a hump cabin, but I am wondering if AQ might not have been better. It seems a lot of people enjoy the dining at Blu. I can tell it has better food than the MDR according to everyone who has posted so far. But we tend to enjoy the socializing as much as the dining on most evenings (with a visit or two to the specialty restaurants), so I am not sure.

Interesting discussion. I can't say anything about Aqua class since I have never been there. We did do CC last summer on the Summit to Bermuda. Only reason was that we booked on a Tuesday special and it was the same price as a balcony. Didn't realize it at the time but you do get an extra cruise credit for CC or higher so that was nice if you are interested in getting to elite. We are at 4 credits now with only 3 cruises on Celebrity.

The cabin was slightly larger as I understand it - can't say for sure since it was first cruise on Summit. The flowers were nice and changed a couple of times as I recall. The canapes were good some days, not so good on others but kind of nice. Someone earlier referred to the bottle of champaigne that is provided in CC or higher. I will admit that we are teetotalers and never drink. We decided to open the bottle and give it a try. If that is what good champaigne is like, I certainly don't see the attraction. Our cabin steward received an almost full bottle of the swill to enjoy with his mates!

Bottomline, we enjoy the cruise. Give us a balcony and anything else is gravy (oh, i'm sorry, this isn't a food thread but you know what I mean:))

You can ask to sit in a certain section of Blu or with a certain waiter if you'd prefer and if a table is available, they will give it to you. No you can not reserve a window table for the entire cruise. If you do want a window table, they will try to accomodate you and suggest that you have a drink or sit in the bar and they will come to get you when a table opens up...and they do....might be 30 minutes or so.

The food tends to have healthier sauces but the bonus for us is that in the main dining room, they often tend to not season their sauces perhaps in fear that many will complain that they are too salty, etc. In Blu, for whatever reason, the sauces, the healthier sauces, are actually seasoned very well. Perhaps it was just the ship and chef earlier this year, but Blu on the equinox was very tasty and well seasoned.

You can eat in the main dining room using select dining on an as available basis. Reality is that you can eat there any time, but they do reserve the right to ask you to wait while the regular select dining folks get seated. That's fair...especially since most of those folks (not in aqua or a suite) are not allowed to eat in Blu at any time.

:confused: We are looking into a cruise to Alaska in late June, 2013 and an aquaintance of ours suggested that we look into booking a Stateroom in either The Aqua or Concierge Class.

We normally book a basic Balcony Cabin.

Can anyone explain the differences or pros/cons of Aqua vs Concierge? We are two seniors and are not big on spending time at the Spa.

Thanks in advance!!

Cambriah

The thing #1 to know about S-Class ships is that all cabins standard/concierge/aqua are physically the same. The extra pay is for bells and whistles only (so-called "perks").

The thing #2 to know is that the only significant differences are the cabin location and the size of the balcony. Standard cabins may have better location and larger balconies than more expensive concierge/aqua.

So...

1. Choose the right cabin. Make sure it does not overlook life boats (Decks 6 and 7) and is not right below the huge overhang. Try to get a cabin on the "hump" especially one of those with oversized balconies and save $$$. That will be your real perks.

2. Spend saved $$$ on specialty dining.

3. Forget about concierge/aqua and enjoy your cruise.

The "high-density" Blu restaurant:

ajseqh.jpg

Dr.Whit, if you book AQ, you will never return to a regular balcony cabin.

I disagree. Some of us have been in AQ and gone back to regular

cabins without any problems or issues.

I disagree. Some of us have been in AQ and gone back to regular

cabins without any problems or issues.

I never suggested problems or issues. I assumed that you were able to decipher my post as simply my opinion. Furthermore, I believe that you have only cruised in AQ once; and, due to the fact that you normally cruise solo the extra cost of AQ is not within your budgetary restraints.

Simply stated, if I were a solo cruiser with budgetary concerns, it might be conceivable that I would not cruise in AQ. However, since this is not the case, I would not consider cruising in a cabin other than AQ.

As a matter of fact, due to our proximity to some of the nicest beaches in the world here in SWFL, I would not cruise in anything other than AQ even if I were a solo cruiser.

I never suggested problems or issues. I assumed that you were able to decipher my post as simply my opinion. Furthermore, I believe that you have only cruised in AQ once; and, due to the fact that you normally cruise solo the extra cost of AQ is not within your budgetary restraints.

Simply stated, if I were a solo cruiser with budgetary concerns, it might be conceivable that I would not cruise in AQ. However, since this is not the case, I would not consider cruising in a cabin other than AQ.

As a matter of fact, due to our proximity to some of the nicest beaches in the world here in SWFL, I would not cruise in anything other than AQ even if I were a solo cruiser.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and it is just that "an opinion". How can one possibly judge another's economic status? And, how dare they! Everyone should be treated with respect! I'm going to break a pledge I made earlier not to comment on Blu, but I must. I've been in Aqua Class at least a dozen times. I will be in AQ on the November 17th Silhouette cruise, the January 26th and February 2nd Relection cruises. I mention this only to demonstare that I know and generally enjoy AQ and Blu. That being said: On my recent Solstice cruise I heard many complain about the quality of food in Blu. I mentioned this to the RM who mentioned it it the Chef in charge of Blu. I arranged a meeting between the RM, the Chef and one of the complaining couples. One of the complainers was trained in classical French cooking. The other owned 12 high end Italian Restaurants. The Chef admitted that there were problems with some of the dishes. The couple went to the MDR for the last 4 nights of the 12 days cruise and thought that the food was more interesting and tastful. So, despite the enthuasiasm of many, there are quite a few who try Blu once and will not return.

Archived