Aqua Class vs. Concierge

cambriah

Hi Jborosara...

Re: Aquaclass:

Did you not get the Aromatherapy sticks (I do not like them), the flavored ice teas, and the complimentary water that would be replenished as you used it? What about the enhanced shower?

Those are the differences in Aquaclass in-room amenities that I can remember. All of the Concierge CLass amenities are indeed included in Aquaclass staterooms.

We will be sailing on Century Sept. 9th so I haven't experienced the CC yet. What I am expecting, however, is the enhanced massage shower head. I'm not sure about the other amenities you mentioned.

The "high-density" Blu restaurant:

ajseqh.jpg

This is my opinion only. I have eaten in Blu over thirty times and I do not like socializing with strangers at dinner so one of the reasons o choose Aqua is so I'm not sat at a large table with seven other couples. My point is although the tables seem to be close together, I have always been able to have a private conversation with my spouse. They look close but they really do allow for private conversations.

yes - we got aroma sticks - i also did not like them - they made me sneeze, thus the oversight

also got the flavored teas which were, on some days quite good - on others not so much...

we had premium package so water not an issue for us

but also got canapes (again so-so), nice totes, fluffy robes, flowers, and sparkling wine (which we never even opened - again premium package - no real reason)

yes, the shower was enhanced - however, still had cloth curtain (which drives me crazy) and it took me several days to figure out how to use the shower....

however - i loved BLU so much that it would take a lot for me to sail anything other than AQ....

There are shower curtains on the S-class ships? That really surprises me. We cruise quite a bit on NCL and have been on all the ships in their fleet. All showers have shower doors. Shower curtains seem to be a step backwards for such innovative ships. No?

I never suggested problems or issues. I assumed that you were able to decipher my post as simply my opinion. Furthermore, I believe that you have only cruised in AQ once; and, due to the fact that you normally cruise solo the extra cost of AQ is not within your budgetary restraints.

Simply stated, if I were a solo cruiser with budgetary concerns, it might be conceivable that I would not cruise in AQ. However, since this is not the case, I would not consider cruising in a cabin other than AQ.

As a matter of fact, due to our proximity to some of the nicest beaches in the world here in SWFL, I would not cruise in anything other than AQ even if I were a solo cruiser.

I never mentioned money. I know you love AQ. I was

disagreeing with your comment about never sailing in another type

of cabin after have one in AQ.

I have been in all types of cabins before and I was happy without

being in Aqua Class....didn't realize I could not have a different

opinion from you.

There are shower curtains on the S-class ships? That really surprises me. We cruise quite a bit on NCL and have been on all the ships in their fleet. All showers have shower doors. Shower curtains seem to be a step backwards for such innovative ships. No?

On all of our cruises in AQ on the Equinox we had shower doors, not curtains.

WOW....I never mentioned money. I know you love AQ. I was

I have been in all types of cabins before.

Lois:

Read Post 50. As the saying goes:"Always consider the source". Reading past posts can be instructive.

The "high-density" Blu restaurant:

ajseqh.jpg

This is my opinion only. I have eaten in Blu over thirty times and I do not like socializing with strangers at dinner so one of the reasons o choose Aqua is so I'm not sat at a large table with seven other couples. My point is although the tables seem to be close together, I have always been able to have a private conversation with my spouse. They look close but they really do allow for private conversations.

I concur.

Hi, the S class ships all have shower doors. The M class and Century

have curtains.

Count me among those who have cruised in AQ category, and even in cases where pricing was similar, have since chosen stateroom location/size over any real or perceived amenities in AQ.

Food is extremely subjective.

Ok, now that we've established that, I was extremely underwhelmed with the food at Blu, at least for dinners. I did, however, like the ambience. Then again, I like the ambience in the other specialty restaurants most times, too.

Bottom line, I agree with the poster who said choose your stateroom based on location. . .perhaps even choose it based on the size of the veranda if you intend to spend a great deal of time there. If you're very fair skinned and don't tolerate the sun, well, then choose it based on sun exposure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do what you're doing. . .gather opinions, but recognize that they are merely a bunch of strangers' opinions. . .then decide based on what is important to you.

Count me among those who have cruised in AQ category, and even in cases where pricing was similar, have since chosen stateroom location/size over any real or perceived amenities in AQ.

Food is extremely subjective.

Ok, now that we've established that, I was extremely underwhelmed with the food at Blu, at least for dinners. I did, however, like the ambience. Then again, I like the ambience in the other specialty restaurants most times, too.

Bottom line, I agree with the poster who said choose your stateroom based on location. . .perhaps even choose it based on the size of the veranda if you intend to spend a great deal of time there. If you're very fair skinned and don't tolerate the sun, well, then choose it based on sun exposure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is do what you're doing. . .gather opinions, but recognize that they are merely a bunch of strangers' opinions. . .then decide based on what is important to you.

If everyone made the same choice there wouldn't be choice. Nobody knows you as well as you. I absolutely agree that you should investigate, listen to different points of view and make the choice that is most comfortable to you.

It seems to me that the people who like Blu are people who sail only with their spouses. Do people come in with friends and get a table for 4 to 6? We have not cruised by ourselves since our first cruise and when we got home we both thought how much more enjoyment we would have had if we had sailed with friends. DH and I have a quiet, intimate table for 2 every night of the year at home:) When we cruise we like to push the limits;) Now every cruise we book it is with a different/changing group of friends - sometimes just another couple or like our SA cruise on Infinity there were 10 of us and next year to the Baltics we have 12. We really enjoy our friends and the energy (and the wonderful food of the new menus) in the MDR. We are booking 2 tables of 6 on the Eclipse and from the pictures here it seems we will have more separation from our neighbors than if we were in Blu:eek: That is crowded! Love cruising, choices for everyone:D Edited to say we prefer Concierge for the cabin location.

We have been on 2 Celebrity cruises since November 2011. One in veranda and the other in Aqua Class. We chose Aqua Class due to the fact that we wanted to try something different, there was not a big price differential between veranda and Aqua Class and we want to build up credits towards our Captain's Club membership.

We enjoyed Blu in particular for breakfast and had a couple of 'so-so' dinners. The cruise we were on this year had over 600 children and so Blu was a very welcoming and quiet place to dine. Nice shower in Aqua Class too!

We are cruising again this year and have chosen Concierge Class. This is on the Constellation and we would have taken Aqua Class again but it is not available....yet!

One thing to note: we didn't have some of the 'amenities' listed on this thread while in Aqua Class. Bottled water being the first one that comes to mind....wish I had known......would have been nice in the Caribbean!

Once we sail in Concierge Class I am sure we will have something to compare to.

If everyone made the same choice there wouldn't be choice. Nobody knows you as well as you. I absolutely agree that you should investigate, listen to different points of view and make the choice that is most comfortable to you.

Great post:) thanks!

It seems to me that the people who like Blu are people who sail only with their spouses. Do people come in with friends and get a table for 4 to 6?

Christine Frances: We recently were in Aqua Class for a pair of B2B cruises, and enjoyed Blu very much. Even though I have never met you I've read your posts and suspect that you would also enjoy Blu.

While they do set a few tables for groups of 4 and 6 most of the tables are set for 2. The tables for 2 are spaced such that you are able to either have a quiet conversation with your tablemate, or strike up a conversation with the table next to you. We met a number of other couples at breakfast or dinner, and had no problem showing up for dinner at Blu with them and asking for a table for either 4 or 6. The maitre 'd would quickly slide the tables together to provide for a configuration of 4 or 6.

We were in one of the new aft Aqua Class cabins on deck 11. What I also found interesting is that we met so many other Aqua Class passengers that it seemed that we had our own neighborhood on the Infinity. There are a few inside cabins on deck 11 and passengers in those inside cabins may have felt that they were not part of the group/neighborhood.

I never suggested problems or issues. I assumed that you were able to decipher my post as simply my opinion. Furthermore, I believe that you have only cruised in AQ once; and, due to the fact that you normally cruise solo the extra cost of AQ is not within your budgetary restraints.

Simply stated, if I were a solo cruiser with budgetary concerns, it might be conceivable that I would not cruise in AQ. However, since this is not the case, I would not consider cruising in a cabin other than AQ.

As a matter of fact, due to our proximity to some of the nicest beaches in the world here in SWFL, I would not cruise in anything other than AQ even if I were a solo cruiser.

WOW, you are suggesting that if someone doesn't want an AQ class cabin it is because of their financial status? You have mentioned bugetary concerns multiple times. Not everyone thinks that BLU is great, and many we have met would prefer to dine in the MDR.

What do the beaches in Florida have to do with AQ and BLU?

We are in BLU in December btw and I know for a fact (have been in AQU before but ate in the MDR earlier this year) there are some menus that we do not like and so will eat elsewhere on those nights.

My DH is a professional Chef and it is still banquet food.

Dr.Whit, if you book AQ, you will never return to a regular balcony cabin.

This really depends - After 5 cruises in S class in last 3 years (2 in Balcony, 3 in Aqua Class), we have 2 booked for next year (1 Aqua, 1 Balcony).

Whereas I like Blu because of smaller, quieter atmosphere, the perks of Aqua are not really spectacular - at most a nice-to-have if the price is right. So without real budgetary restraints, I only book Aqua if price per person is maximum $ 250 more over regular Balcony for 12 day cruise. Anything over that I consider as not worth it.

Ask yourself, what is that you really want from the list of Aqua/Concierge class extras. I don't do the spa and don't like BLU. Some people do, some people don't....it's just a preference. If you don't like Blu, pick a regualr veranda and buy the extras that you want. I choose regular veranda and buy a beverage pkg with unlimited water. I may have to go to a bar to get it. I save a lot of money compared to Aqua class. You may want to consider a Concierge class cabin on a M class ship if you want more space. They are about 20 sq ft. larger. On the S class all veranda cabins are the same size.

WOW, you are suggesting that if someone doesn't want an AQ class cabin it is because of their financial status? You have mentioned bugetary concerns multiple times. Not everyone thinks that BLU is great, and many we have met would prefer to dine in the MDR.

We are in BLU in December btw and I know for a fact (have been in AQU before but ate in the MDR earlier this year) there are some menus that we do not like and so will eat elsewhere on those nights.

Hi Jade, he was directing his post at me:rolleyes:....but thank you:) as

I also know folks who can afford every cabin category on the ship

and they choose not to book an Aqua Class cabin. And yes, they

have been in AQ before but not necessarily a 2nd time or 3rd

time, etc

Oh, I have not idea what the beaches of Southwest Florida and Aqua Class

have anything to do with each other either.......

There are some larger tables in Blue. If these are taken and you want to sit with another couple or couples, the staff is happy to push some tables together. Otherwise, tables are close and DH and I have had good conversations with couples on tables beside us. Sometimes we agreed to meet at same time later in the cruise and sit together at big table.

I agree with some other posters, Blue is nice, more relaxed than MDR, but if price difference between Veranda and AQ is more than 25-30 $ pp per day, I would not book AQ on S-ships (M class is different due to larger cabins). IMHO the other extras of CC and AQ are negligeable. The MDR is also good and otherwise the specialty dining rooms make a welcome change.

There are some larger tables in Blue. If these are taken and you want to sit with another couple or couples, the staff is happy to push some tables together. Otherwise, tables are close and DH and I have had good conversations with couples on tables beside us. Sometimes we agreed to meet at same time later in the cruise and sit together at big table.

I agree with some other posters, Blue is nice, more relaxed than MDR, but if price difference between Veranda and AQ is more than 25-30 $ pp per day, I would not book AQ on S-ships (M class is different due to larger cabins). IMHO the other extras of CC and AQ are negligeable. The MDR is also good and otherwise the specialty dining rooms make a welcome change.

In the main diningroom on the Solstice the tables WERE pushed together and separate parties sat at each table-that is what I meant by tables closer together in the main diningroom than Blu. 18 inches between tables I do not consider close but normal. Maybe our sailing was over full? I would have preferred the tables in Blu to the main diningroom for that reason.

BTW, I know you were not directing your comment to me-just adding my bit.

It seems to me that the people who like Blu are people who sail only with their spouses. Do people come in with friends and get a table for 4 to 6? We have not cruised by ourselves since our first cruise and when we got home we both thought how much more enjoyment we would have had if we had sailed with friends. DH and I have a quiet, intimate table for 2 every night of the year at home:) When we cruise we like to push the limits;) Now every cruise we book it is with a different/changing group of friends - sometimes just another couple or like our SA cruise on Infinity there were 10 of us and next year to the Baltics we have 12. We really enjoy our friends and the energy (and the wonderful food of the new menus) in the MDR. We are booking 2 tables of 6 on the Eclipse and from the pictures here it seems we will have more separation from our neighbors than if we were in Blu:eek: That is crowded! Love cruising, choices for everyone:D Edited to say we prefer Concierge for the cabin location.

Christine, I can see your point a bit. I do think people traveling on their own would not care for Blu unless they preferred eating alone-however as others mentioned a larger party tables could be pushed together.

I never mentioned money. I know you love AQ. I was

I have been in all types of cabins before and I was happy without

being in Aqua Class....didn't realize I could not have a different

opinion from you.

You cruise 3 or 4 times a year. My guess is you do not have budgetary restraints-unless it is you prefer to cruise more often! So what if you would rather do 4 cruises in a year than 2 or 3 a year just to have Egyptian cotton sheets and flowers! LOL! Different strokes for different folks! You do what is best for you as others do what is best for them.

I think he meant he does not cruise to go to nice beaches but for the experience he gets in Blu/ Aqua especially. However, he should know better than to say people have budget concerns if they do not care for Aqua.

Archived