what is going on the star right now?

Sue L

The good thing for everyone is tha Sean is the HD right now. I am sure that he will do an outstanding job keeping everything as calm as it can be. Monica is also still on the ship! :D I can not think of a better team if something like this happens.

No doubt about it the A team is onboard.

Where did you hear this?

I did not hear it but Everytime there is hull damage to any ship it has to be inspected before it can be cleared to sail. They may let the Star leave as is, require minor repairs, or demand major repairs before she can carry passengers again. It all depends on what happened behind those dents.

No ferries involved

Rained so hard you could not see 20 feet

We did not see ferries for quite some time. Imagine they stopped all service

We wonder how fellow passengers on excursions made out in the storm

Yes, I read an artical that stated the ferries were stopped due to weather. They are putting more busses on routes, and promise no one will get left behind. Keep safe, and I wish you calm seas home!

I just checked Norwegian's web site to look at The Star's Bow Web Cam- it shows they are are sea.

They could just be docked that way especially since the back of the ship would have been back to back with the other ship. The web cam looks like the normal position when they dock pointing out to the channel which they tend to do most of the time in Bermuda.

According to Marine Traffic, they are moored or anchored right now.

They could just be docked that way especially since the back of the ship would have been back to back with the other ship. The web cam looks like the normal position when they dock pointing out to the channel which they tend to do most of the time in Bermuda.

According to Marine Traffic, they are moored or anchored right now.

I agree...that's what it looks like from the web cam when she's docked with her port side to Heritage Wharf so you can't tell whether the ship is at sea from that shot, and as you say, there's no indication the ship is moving on any sites that report that information.

Moving . . . per http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?mmsi=311082000&centerx=-64.82973&centery=32.32806&zoom=10&type_color=6#

NORWEGIAN STAR

Vessel's Details

More Actions

Flag: Bahamas

Ship Type: Passenger

Speed/Course: 0.8 kn / 109˚

Length x Breadth: 294 m X 32 m

Draught: 8.6 m

Destination: NEW YORK NY

ETA: 2012-09-16 09:00 (UTC)

Received (810): 0h 2min ago

Show Vessel's Track

Distance to...

Except those shots prove nothing because that's the view you get from the bow cam when she's docked with her port side to Heritage Wharf. There's no indication the ship is in motion from sites that track such data.

I have never seen her webcam and just wanted to see what it looked like. We love the Star!

I just drove out along Harbour Road to take a look. At 7:10 pm local time I saw Star sailing - looks like she de-berthed Heritage Wharf 2 hours late at 7pm.

bluesea777..thanks for the up to date info...!!!!!

Destination: NEW YORK NY

ETA: 2012-09-16 09:00 (UTC)

Received (810): 0h 2min ago

Show Vessel's Track

Distance to...

Is it weird that they aren't scheduled to arrive in NYC until 9am? I always thought they arrived around 7am so customs had time to clear the ship.

Archived