You only have 48 hours...

There are no "must dos".....it's all up to what excites and interests YOU! Do get to the ship early....before noon, if possible. That will give you time to explore the ship without the huge crowds! Check out the Compass (it will be in your cabin) for activities, shows and times!

Then, relax...you're on vacation...don't make it a marathon! And yes....get that drink and enjoy!

You are in for a real treat. Be ready for your wife to experience the "WOW" effect as she enters the ship. Actually, her first sight of the beautiful "Freedom" will take her breath away! You are such a great hubby for taking your wife on the Freedom.

As the others have said, be sure to see the ice show. They are some of the greatest shows at sea IMHO! Enjoy your time on the ship! Be sure to be up on the helipad while leaving at least one of the ports, and also while coming into one of the ports. It's a great experience to be up front watching as the ship comes/or goes from port! Also, take a stroll up there after the sun sets, and experience the tranquility of being out to sea.

Wow - there is nothing like your first cruise! So exciting and Freedom is my personal favorite RCCL ship. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday on her in a little over two weeks. Like others have said, get to the ship before noon. I like to walk around and get the lay of the land when I am on a ship I have never been on before. Take lots of pictures of the almost empty ship. We usually head right up to the pool bar to grab our first "welcome aboard and we are finally here" drink then have a bite to eat in the Windjammer. Cabins aren't available until 1pm. We take our swimsuits in our carry-on bags since your luggage won't arrive right away.

Remember you can't see it all or do it all and that is o.k. Take time to relax and enjoy. I take a highlighter with me so I can highlight the must dos for the day on the Compass. Have an absolutely wonderful time! Wanda

PS - when you get up to the pool deck and the servers ask you if you want to try one of those frozen fro-fro drinks - they aren't free. They will wait until you take a sip and then ask you for your seapass card. I fell for that one on my 1st cruise - LOL!

Have a camera quietly in hand for when she realizes how big that ship really is. There's a WOW moment right there. I got one of my GF the first time she saw Mariner up close. :D It kinda kept going from there.

After that, grab some lunch, get your carryons dropped in the cabin, grab a drink and head up on deck for sailaway! Enjoy!

As for time to port, shoot for 11am. might have a bit of a wait, but you'll get checked in quick and onboard reasonably soon.

If you want to do the flowrider, take your bathing suits in your carry on bag and go that first day. No lines!

See The Love and Marriage show and Quest.

Make sure at sail away you are up on deck waving at the people on shore to your South. We only live 45 minutes from Port Canaveral and we go up there a couple of times a year to wave goodbye to the ships. I'm always a whiner after......"but I want to be on a cruise!":mad:

Poor dh!

If you want to do the flowrider, take your bathing suits in your carry on bag and go that first day. No lines!

Make sure GF takes a ONE-piece though. Once again, another opportunity to end up providing an extra show if she's in a 2 piece. Heck, she may want a t-shirt... :eek:

The Flowrider can, will, has, and will again, take off with a girl's top real fast if given the chance.

{so we have a non-Quest'r here huh?}

Well, I too vote for Quest .... it is fun and a little, or a lot, bawdy depending on the cruise director running it, but IME always fun if you have a sense of humor and can accept some (baby) blue activity! Sit close down if you want to be involved (we ALWAYS do) and in the rafters if you just want to watch.

The helo pad is usually open when you depart Canaveral ..... head up there for departure ... right after the drill.

Even if you don't want to play ... go watch folks on the FlowRider ... the wipeouts are a gas!

Schooner Bar is my fav' .... don't miss the trivia sessions! (blood and guts is George Patton, and the smallest mammal the pigmy shrew)

Love and Marriage game - NOT 2 B missed - usually, but it does depend on the players .... HEY, fight to be a player!

Archived