Riviera Terrace Cafe Best Food Items

MSEm

I would have to say that the grilled to order lobster tails are amazing, and the "Pasta to order" station is also terrific.

pic1311.jpg

The other selections change day to day, so it is difficult to me more specific, but we ALWAYS look for the Sushi. It is mostly variations on California Rolls and two or three types of Sashimi, but it is fresh, fresh, fresh and every bit as good quality as we can get in NYC and that is saying something.

california-roll.jpg

By the way, if you are a coffee person, a World renowned Oceania Expert (Hi Naomi!) turned us onto the Iced Cappuccinos and they are great!

I always ask for a double in a tall glass, because American Coffee shops have spoiled me forever ;)

iced%2Bcappuccino.jpg

Love the homemade ice cream for desert and for dinner a salad and grilled lobster tail is great..I love the hand carved turkey when they have it and the roast beef (also hand carved) truth is you cant go wrong with anything they serve.

For breakfast every other day they make sticky buns and those are my absolute favorite..dont forget to look for them!!..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

Being vegetarian there is always a huge selection to pick from. Satish on Regatta has always been very helpful finding a selection for me. You can't go wrong with any of the soups, they are all fabulous. The pasta, made to order, and hot appetizer choices are the best. I am making myself hungry. Looking forward to this Sunday, Oct. 7 to be back onboard Regatta.

Sushi and sashimi for me. I am not starting the cruise countdown yet, but instead am doing the retirement count as it comes first. Then I have 34 days to get ready for the cruise after that and can dream about eating in the Terrace. First the sushi and then the desserts.:D

I have to ask. Do you have food pictures for everything served in the various dining rooms? Your pictures make my mouth water and then I start getting impatient for my next cruise.

GOOGLE is your friend :)

All this talk of Oceania's fabulous food and all those brilliant pictures only serve to prove that this thread is in direct violation of one of the most important elements of our constitutional democracy: the ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Surely Host Andy could step in and take whatever steps are necessary to prevent this uncalled for torture of CC's readers.

It's just not fair for those who have been on the O ships to thumb their noses at those who have been limited to the R class.

On the other hand, in 20 days I plan to sprint to the Terrace on the Marina, lest they run out of ice cream or lobster tails or hand sliced roast beef or sushi or, or , or......

All this talk of Oceania's fabulous food and all those brilliant pictures only serve to prove that this thread is in direct violation of one of the most important elements of our constitutional democracy: the ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Surely Host Andy could step in and take whatever steps are necessary to prevent this uncalled for torture of CC's readers.

It's just not fair for those who have been on the O ships to thumb their noses at those who have been limited to the R class.

On the other hand, in 20 days I plan to sprint to the Terrace on the Marina, lest they run out of ice cream or lobster tails or hand sliced roast beef or sushi or, or , or......

Is the food that much better on the O ships? First Oceania cruise on the Regatta next month and now you're worrying me a little!

Is the food that much better on the O ships? First Oceania cruise on the Regatta next month and now you're worrying me a little!

No the quality of the food on all Oceania ships is excellent. The O ships just by their size have a few more options for dining. They also have twice the numbers of passenders and are not as intimate as the R ships. I find both classes are a joy to sail on and am sure you will love your cruise on Regatta. Relax and enjoy.

Bill

Lobster burgers? I have got to try that on our TA this November. Sounds delicious! Thanks.

I believe that they are talking about the, are you ready for this?, "Grilled lobster medallion & petit filet mignon with roasted garlic jus and parmesan-dusted truffled French Fries"

110221.jpg

Quite a mouthful and......er.......quite a mouthful!!! :D

Edited by JimandStan