Live from the Freedom of the Seas - October 7, 2012

Daghis

What is "Y" on the scavenger hunt..........could it be something in the spa???

I'm afraid that I can't give out the answer right now as some of my cruising friends for whom I made the scavenger hunt are reading this thread. Sorry!

The option to bookmark the logoff screen flew by so quickly that I was not able to click on it. Can one of you tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix the issue? Thank you!

You're not doing anything wrong. It's just a bit tricky due to the way that iOS devices handle wifi login pages.

There is a way to work with this to make it more compatible. Unfortunately, since I'm using my iPad, I can't write up the step-by-step instructions necessary. Suffice it to say for now that it requires setting up the royal-wifi not to login automatically and also allowing pop-ups. Please remind me after I return home to write up some detailed instructions when I can do it from my computer.

How do you stay connected with the ipad, what are the costs incurred ? We sailing on FOS Oct. 14th.

I use the ship's wifi during the cruise (except at places I can use AT&T's 3G service). You can find the cost information online at Royal Caribbean's web site, but it runs up to $0.65/minute, less if you buy a package.

Welcome to Cocoa Beach, specifically the Courtyard by Marriott. I just checked in and now we are relaxing a bit before heading to Rusty's.

The flight was very nice and the pilots even got applauded for their landing. :)

After driving a bit and going through many toll booths (!), we did finally make it here.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with my friends tonight. This is going to be a great cruise!

You're not doing anything wrong. It's just a bit tricky due to the way that iOS devices handle wifi login pages.

There is a way to work with this to make it more compatible. Unfortunately, since I'm using my iPad, I can't write up the step-by-step instructions necessary. Suffice it to say for now that it requires setting up the royal-wifi not to login automatically and also allowing pop-ups. Please remind me after I return home to write up some detailed instructions when I can do it from my computer.

Thank you - I will remember!

Daghis, you may not be as "avid" a photographer as some, but have always enjoyed your LIVE FROM's just the way they are, which is GREAT!

Hoping you great weather. Have loads of fun with your group - I'm subscribed and strapped in - wow, I should just move my coffee maker closer to the computer, between you and Trainman cruising at the same time.

. . . not complaining:D:D:D:D

After driving a bit and going through many toll booths (!), we did finally make it here.

Only in Florida would you see the state raise more money, not by raising the toll, but by adding MORE TOLL BOOTHS.

The Beeline is almost a joke.

But the port is the pot at the end of that rainbow!

We just got back from a fantastic dinner at Rusty's! We got to watch the Carnival Dream and Disney Fantasy sail off before heading into a covered area because it was starting to rain.

The food was excellent and the company was great, too.

We are going to hang out in the hotel and just relax tonight. Tomorrow's the big day! I always have trouble sleeping the night before a cruise. We'll see how it goes tonight.

Daghis,

Thank you for doing this live thread. I know how time consuming it can get having just did one on our Radiance Hawaii cruise. Just two weeks ago I was in sunny Hawaii, now I am in the hospital recovering from total knee. replacement surgery. These live threads make three stay here more bearable

Thanks

Bill

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Have a restful night and enjoy your upcoming adventure on the Freedom.

"Y" Because she is a beautiful ship

"Y" Because you are doing a back 2 back

"Y" jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Any hints on what the Y picture is!!!!

Love "Ya"

Safe travels

Sue and crew

We are not on your cruise but some friends of ours are!!! This is their first cruise and I booked it for them. Fortunately for them, I was able to get them one of the great corner afts deck 7!!!

If you see a man with an Indiana Jones type hat, that will be Doug with his wife Pat on his arm. If you see them by chance, tell them Tim and Crystal said HI!!!

Tim

They also print the log off address on the wifi paperwork in the online area of the ship. First thing I do is grab one of those, type in the address and bookmark it for later :)

Only in Florida would you see the state raise more money, not by raising the toll, but by adding MORE TOLL BOOTHS.

The Beeline is almost a joke.

But the port is the pot at the end of that rainbow!

Did they add another toll to the Beeline during the past few months? Thanks.

They also print the log off address on the wifi paperwork in the online area of the ship. First thing I do is grab one of those, type in the address and bookmark it for later :)

Tried that, too :( NOTHING I did worked on that cruise except running up a big bill.

My 8-year-old grandson was frustrated with Angry Birds on my iPad on a road trip last year and asked me if I ever had the urge to throw the iPad out the window. I didn't understand that at the time... now I do.

Did they add another toll to the Beeline during the past few months? Thanks.

They added one back in March. When we were on our last Freedom cruise, there was a new toll plaza being opened the following Monday. It was "free" when we went to Cape Canaveral, but we had to pay when we returned the following week.

Archived