Hot Chocolate

GingerCandy

I've forgotten: Is hot chocolate free? If not, can you get it free with the coffee card? Can you get hot chocolate in the International Cafe? Thanks.

On our recent Diamond sailing from Whittier to Beijing , hot chocolate was free in the Horizon Court. (was with the coffee, tea and water area)

When the hot chocolate is made at the Int'l Cafe, is it the envelope kind? Or do they steam milk with chocolate syrup?

Envelope kind (I think Nestles). They will make it with water unless you ask for it to be made with milk.

I never even thought about asking for hot chocolate on our Pacific Coast cruise earlier this year. It was a lot colder than we expected, especially for the few people who went to MUTS in the evenings. I think each person had three blankets, LOL. :eek:

Hot chocolate would have been perfect.

I'm totally confused!

Normally, I don't drink hot chocolate due to the relatively high sugar and fat content. But, I'm considering having one (or two :eek:) a day while we are at sea the first two and last two days in December when it is chilly outside.

I plan to get a coffee card. Would that cover the hot chocolate? If so, would it require a punch?

Princess is consistently inconsistent :) with some things.

My first cruise was on the Crown princess, approx 20 yrs ago. We were sitting in one of the lounges, and even though we were departing from Nassau, it was chilly in the lounge. Someone mentioned this drink called the ODD Father, and it was hot cocco and I THINK, Kalua and Baileys. YUMMO for those that like to have a tasty drink. I hope they still can whip one up while I am sailing to Hawaii on Dec 5.

I'm totally confused!

Normally, I don't drink hot chocolate due to the relatively high sugar and fat content. But, I'm considering having one (or two :eek:) a day while we are at sea the first two and last two days in December when it is chilly outside.

I plan to get a coffee card. Would that cover the hot chocolate? If so, would it require a punch?

Princess is consistently inconsistent :) with some things.

Normally the coffee card, if purchased on your voyage, will include unlimited hot chocolate (but not in the dining rooms at lunch or dinner) without punches being made. If you have a proble, ask to speak with a supervisor.

So glad this was asked. I had planned on bringing the instant in my luggage. I am still confused as to whether I need a coffee card to request it. Really don't need that, so I may still need to bring my own. Love hot chocolate on cool days on the balcony. I am sure we will have quite a few in the Baltics next May:)

So glad this was asked. I had planned on bringing the instant in my luggage. I am still confused as to whether I need a coffee card to request it. Really don't need that, so I may still need to bring my own. Love hot chocolate on cool days on the balcony. I am sure we will have quite a few in the Baltics next May:)

You can get all the hot chocolate you want without a coffee card - but you will be charged for it (plus a 15% gratuity). With the coffee card you pay once for the card and then the brewed coffee, hot chocolate, etc. are free. If you want a latte or some other snazzy coffee then they will punch the card.

A few years ago on a cruise I bought a large hot chocolate from the coffee bar and in consisted of 1 small package of powdered hot chocolate mix and water. They only put one pkg. of chocolate in a very large cup of hot water. I could not really taste the chocolate. My advice is to bring your own packets of hot chocolate and get hot water from the horizon court or room service and make your own.

Archived