Eurodam - U.S. Coast Guard - Amazing Video

sail7seas

Here is a link to an amazing lift of a passenger from Eurodam off the coast of NJ this week.

What incredible work by Captain of Eurodam and the Coast Guard.

Huge Kudos to all who got that passenger safely off the ship for her to get the medical care she needed.

http://cgvi.uscg.mil/media/main.php?g2_itemId=1800139

Here is a link to an amazing lift of a passenger from Eurodam off the coast of NJ this week.

Huge Kudos to all who got that passenger safely off the ship for her to get the medical care she needed.

Link doesn't work for me.

Thanks Sail!!

I copied and pasted the link into Internet Explorer to view it.

For some reason my Mozilla Firefox does not want to play any Flash, movies or Windows Media Player.....Even though they are all installed.

That was an awesome view!!

I pray the 76 year old lady is OK.......

Joanie

For those that can't open.....

Check at the top of the page.

You might find a line inserted that reads you have to ok opening the video.... they ask do you think it safe?

Click it if you do.

That is INCREDIBLE!! Made my hands sweat a bit. Thanks for sharing!

OK, I got it open with IE. My first question is who was filming the video? At the end it appears to be another helicopter as it is above the rescue helicopter. Second, I would need some serious care before I want to go thru that :eek:. Third, I hope she has medivac insurance ;) and fourth, I hope she is ok.

Hope they gave that patient an anti-anxiety something or other.......

Can you imagine the fear of being lifted that way?

That in itself would give me another heart attack. :eek:

Those were my thoughts also ... Those rescue people are amazing.

I believe we have read there is no cost to the patient for emergency air lift from a ship by U.S. Coast Guard.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I recall reading the same thing some time ago. Our tax dollar pays for it. Glad to see it's being put fo good use.

I believe we have read there is no cost to the patient for emergency air lift from a ship by U.S. Coast Guard.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct, Sail. Your tax dollars at work!

You are correct, Sail. Your tax dollars at work!

Those skilled Coast Guard people should make us all proud. I'm happy for our tax dollars to pay them and pay them well. They deserve whatever they get and probably more.

Thanks Sails, that was unbelievable. I'd have to be awfully sick or they would have to give me something to knock me out for that trip. I hate flying :eek:. I hope the lady was Ok. :)

A friend sent it to me and I thought CC'ers would want to see it.

Amazing.....

Happy to share it. :)

Those skilled Coast Guard people should make us all proud. I'm happy for our tax dollars to pay them and pay them well. They deserve whatever they get and probably more.

A friend sent it to me and I thought CC'ers would want to see it.

Amazing.....

Happy to share it. :)

Thanks for sharing, have to admit that I have experience on both sides, being an active cruiser myself, but in daily job, working on hosting people in case of emergency into our helicopters on this side of the ocean, in the RNN.

Myself never actually having to hoist patients from a cruise ship, we do practice on them, also on willing Holland America ships, who normally are more than happy to facilitate practice runs, to prepare for real emergency’s. Also on this side of the ocean, you will not be presented with the bill.

That is INCREDIBLE!! Made my hands sweat a bit. Thanks for sharing!

My hands were fine watching it. I did, however, think I was going to be sick to my stomach! :D I cannot begin to imagine what it feels like to be in that "basket" so far up over the water. I'm with Sail - I'd have another heart attack for sure. :eek: Thanks for sharing the video. Prayers to the passenger.

Archived