Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

received this email reply today and states where corkage fees will apply. I believe all lines charge a corkage fee as well.

Thank you for your email.

Beginning November 1, 2012 guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them on embarkation day of the cruise may do so, limited to two bottles (of 750ml) per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a screw top. Some of the best winemakers are going to them to reduce spoilage.

(my point was some people are trying to get out of a corkage fee by bringing a screw top :p)

I think we're on the same page with 90% of the posters......grateful that we can now take wine on legitimately.

Yep, I have a $185 bottle of Mollydooker Velvet Glove in my wine fridge. Beautiful Australian Shiraz. All their wines are great and all screw top.

Edited by croosieloosie

I wonder how this new policy of bringing 2 bottles of wine on board will affect the D+/PC Amenities with some members being eligible for 3 amenities per cruise. Will the wine list decrease or even be eliminated?

Edited by cruisenfever

I wonder how this new policy of bringing 2 bottles of wine on board will affect the D+/PC Amenities with some members being eligible for 3 amenities per cruise. Will the wine list decrease or even be eliminated?

Stop giving them ideas!!!!!!!;)

Hi there,especially to CENTEX CRUISER and mrsdoc3;

Guess you haven’t had time to read my former post and comment about the size of wine bottles. Here’s a chart showing the names of wine bottle sizes. It can be confusing because,:confused: in some instances, sparkling wines and burgundies don’t carry the same bottle name as still wines. Once you’ve downed a bottle of either though, trust me, you really don’t care.;)

Pony

189 ml wine

Half-bottle or Split

375 ml wine

Bottle

750 ml wine

Magnum

2 wine bottles (1.5L)

Marie-Jeanne

3 wine bottles

Double Magnum

4 wine bottles (3.0L)

Jeroboam (sparkling wines)

4 wine bottles (3.0L)

Rehoboam (red wines)

6 wine bottles (4.5L)

Imperial

8 wine bottles (6.0L)

Methuselam (sparkling wines)

8 wine bottles (6.0L)

Salmanazar

12 wine bottles (9.0L = 1 case)

Balthazar

16 wine bottles (12.0L)

Nebuchadnezzar

20 wine bottles (15.0L)

Melchior

24 wines bottles(18.0l)

Sovereign

67 wine bottles (50L)

Now if you takes into account the variation in size between 5 Imperial gallons which equal 18.92 l and 5 American gallons which equal 22.73 l ,you can see that a Melchior will almost fill the bill if you’re a Brit (or Candian or some such sort like me) but it would take you a Sovereign if you’re an American. To have at the very least the equivalent of a 5 gallon bottle. In that case you’re lucky :) ‘cause you can bring more than 10 gallons aboard in one bottle. For a cabin, you will be allowed to bring 2.Of course, you may need a crane to haul it up to the ship, but it sure would be worth it.

Come to think of it, JUG may be the best name.:cool::cool:

Update from Oasis. After a few trips to Guest Serviecs wine was delivered to room on 2nd night. They are still working out the kinks of the policy being announced and filtered to rest of teams like Port Eveglades Security and Guest Services. Happy consuming!

[

Come to think of it, JUG may be the best name.:cool::cool:

It's certainly an easier name to remember. Also memorialized in literature: "A loaf of bread, a jug of wine, . . . ." Not sure that "A loaf of bread, a nebuchadnezzar of wine, . . . " flows as well (the words, not the wine)!

Edited by mrsdoc3

Has anyone heard anything about being able to bring boxed wine??

Just my opinion/guess, they most likely will not allow boxed wine because they exceed the allowed [per bottle] quantity. Boxed wine, about 5 liters? Some smaller, maybe 3 liters? Not big wine drinkers here!

Oh, I found this: http://www.stylebistro.com/Daily+Dish/articles/pQLRemmuye5/Behold+Box+Wine+in+a+Handbag CUTE! 1.5L is the smallest?

Edited by CruiseDivaNJ

Oh thanks loads for posting this Kathy. You just gave AG another idea for wines in the CL.:rolleyes:

Bob

No you can not, it has a limit

Beginning November 1, 2012 guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them on embarkation day of the cruise may do so, limited to two bottles (of 750ml) per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

Sorry:cool:

Has anyone heard anything about being able to bring boxed wine??

If its 750ml, its ok. per C&A

I doubt it will change...........not everyone wants to bring wine on,esp if one is entitled to 3 bottles anyway.:) Little off topic.just wish they would add bottle water to that list(besides Pelligrino)

I just spoke with RCI rep and here is what she sent me (the new policy).....

Bringing Alcohol Onboard: Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Effective 11/01/12 guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them on embarkation day of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles (of 750ml) per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

I doubt it will change...........not everyone wants to bring wine on,esp if one is entitled to 3 bottles anyway.:) Little off topic.just wish they would add bottle water to that list(besides Pelligrino)

Agree with this. We've been suspecting that there might be a high amount of sodium in the water on board, and thought it would be nice to choose water for one of the amenities.

I also wish that they would offer Evian instead of the Pelligrino.

New question - so I can bring my 2 bottles on per cabin but what if I am doing back to back?? Can I purchase wine at duty free stop and have them hold it until end of cruise and then request it be returned before the next cruise begins - embarkation day???? Seems like this should be allowed since even though b2b you have 2 different booking numbers, etc...Certainly would be nice but probably makes too much sense for the ships to grasp this possibility;)