Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Well I guess now I will bring some wind on my Dec 8th cruise and now my Dec 24th cruise on the Monarch with my family. This will be the first time I have brought wine onboard any Cruise since I started back in 2009. Now I have to find a nice travel size wine opener to pack.

Well I guess now I will bring some wind on my Dec 8th cruise and now my Dec 24th cruise on the Monarch with my family. This will be the first time I have brought wine onboard any Cruise since I started back in 2009. Now I have to find a nice travel size wine opener to pack.

Royal gives them away for free ... well, sort of. Anytime you have wine delivered to the stateroom (Gifts & Gear, travel agent perk, etc.), there will be a Royal logo corkscrew with the wine.

We have 2 staterooms 1 for me and my husband the other next door my 21 yr old son and my 19 yr old daughter. Can my 21 yr old son have 2 bottles of wine in his stateroom even though our 19 yr old daughter is in the same stateroom ?

Yes

Just returned from the Oasis Nov. 3rd sailing. Tried to bring 4 bottles (2rooms) but the security people took the bottles away and gave us a yellow naughty paper. Was able to go to Guest Services day 2 and wine showed up in room that night. Was not charged once for opening in the dinning room.

Just returned from the Oasis Nov. 3rd sailing. Tried to bring 4 bottles (2rooms) but the security people took the bottles away and gave us a yellow naughty paper. Was able to go to Guest Services day 2 and wine showed up in room that night. Was not charged once for opening in the dinning room.

Thank you for "breaking them in.". We had two bottles in our carry on bags today for the Oasis...no problem. Security clearly knew the new rule. We are now waiting to board and are looking forward to our favorite wines on our balcony.

:D

Just to add an interesting wrinkle to the mix. Was told by RCI, if you are doing b2b cruises you can take 4 bottles, 2 for each cruise, and tell them you are a consecutive cruiser and to hold, not confiscate, the extra 2 bottles, which you should get the first day of your second cruise. That should really be interesting.

Below is taken right from RCCL FAQ page:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Just back from the 11/4 Freedom sailing! We had an amazing time! Our wine was confiscated upon boarding but we did get it back on the 2nd or 3rd night. We opened it in our cabin, no fees. I carried a glass to dinner one night.

I also carried on 12 bottles of water and they did not even question or look at those upon boarding.

Hope they get all the kinks worked out for future sailings!

Curious to see how will the port of Galveston security screening of the wine bottles be like.

Currently there are no Royal Caribbean ships sailing from port of Galveston.

Mariner of the Seas is on her way crossing the Atlantic and will be in Galveston next Sunday 11/18, therefore next Sunday will be the first time at port of Galveston where security will start screen for Royal Caribbean passengers with this new wine carry on policy.

Edited by StrikeEagle

Just went through security for the Allure a few minutes ago with 2 750ml bottles in my carry on. No one even said a thing about them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. We leave out of New Orleans on the 1st. Curious to see how they handle this.

Just back from the 11/4 Freedom sailing! We had an amazing time! Our wine was confiscated upon boarding but we did get it back on the 2nd or 3rd night. We opened it in our cabin, no fees. I carried a glass to dinner one night.

I also carried on 12 bottles of water and they did not even question or look at those upon boarding.

Hope they get all the kinks worked out for future sailings!

Thanks for the Freedom/Port Canaveral update! Hope PC security gets the message soon that wine is now allowed.

Did you take your own corkscrew? If so, did you pack it to your carry-on or checked luggage?

This is fabulous news!! Anyone ever have problems taking their own corkscrew on to open the bottles (in our stateroom of course)?

no problems bringing on a corkscrew. I have a small fold up one and carried it on with the wine and soda in a carry on. also ask the cabin steward for wine glasses. pour it in your room and take it out with you. never had a problem.

Thanks for the Freedom/Port Canaveral update! Hope PC security gets the message soon that wine is now allowed.

Did you take your own corkscrew? If so, did you pack it to your carry-on or checked luggage?

We did take our own corkscrew, picked up a cheap one at the wine store in port canaveral. Took it in my carry on bag with the wine and had no problem taking it on.

if you want to enjoy your first glass in your cabin while pulling out, pack it in your c/o as your checked may not have arrived by then. otherwise, checked is fine( especially if flying as you probably won't be able to take it as C/o on the flight.)

We did take our own corkscrew, picked up a cheap one at the wine store in port canaveral. Took it in my carry on bag with the wine and had no problem taking it on.

Thank you, sounds good!

if you want to enjoy your first glass in your cabin while pulling out, pack it in your c/o as your checked may not have arrived by then. otherwise, checked is fine( especially if flying as you probably won't be able to take it as C/o on the flight.)

Thanks! We are driving.

Thank you Starry Eyes and meatlessinca for updating us. I would be interested to know if you had the bottles in your luggage or carryon? And if anyones tried both and what the outcome was?

Cheers

We only had 2 bottles & I carried them on in the Total Wines bag. The security person just asked me if it was wine. We also ended up buying two more bottles while on board - now I'm wondering if I should get a wine package for our 11 day sailing that we booked onboard for next year. Hhmmmm..