*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Just read on FB... From RCCL that the Adventure ots has had a departure delay as well... They are sailing today but they are refunding them 100% & giving them 50% of a future cruise! Hadn't heard about that ship.... Man this has been an expensive week for Royal...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

Where did this come from? Were you here to take this?

I am really pissed if this was from you because we have been at pier 21 drinking martinis ($3) and you could have been with us:D

We are always here - please join us:)

And you didn't invite me :p Hows that baby doing?

So glad you all that are still on the ship are Cozumel bound!!! This has been a very positive thread to read and the attitudes of those on board. I will be on NOS in June :) . I am praying that the sealife cleanup is swift and that they can save those still stuck in the oil :( ...Happy Cruising and kudos to RC for their actions during this situation.

For those that recently got off Navigator.

Webiste says: "Staying connected at sea is easier than ever with Wi-Fi available throughout the ship".

However, it does not say free or fee. I am assuming a fee. Can anyone confirm?

Thanx!

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

For those that recently got off Navigator.

Webiste says: "Staying connected at sea is easier than ever with Wi-Fi available throughout the ship".

However, it does not say free or fee. I am assuming a fee. Can anyone confirm?

Thanx!

FEE. A little less $$ and a little faster than before. The good news is that you can set up your account anywhere and on just about any internet platform. I used a droid, lap top, and iPad. Pay attention to the instructions. :)

FEE. A little less $$ and a little faster than before. The good news is that you can set up your account anywhere and on just about any internet platform. I used a droid, lap top, and iPad. Pay attention to the instructions. :)

The wife has to be able to login and check our fur babies on the webcam at the kennels. Thx!

I just saw this announcement on the Galveston.com site. Sounds like good news for this weekend's cruisers!

Galveston.com Mod • 19 hours ago

UPDATE FROM THE PORT OF GALVESTON: Port staff are working with the U.S. Coast Guard to ensure that this weekend’s cruise ship departures (Carnival Cruise Lines’ CARNIVAL TRIUMPH on Saturday and CARNIVAL MAGIC and Royal Caribbean’s NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS on Sunday) are not affected by the response to the oil spill. We do not anticipate that this weekend’s departures will experience any spill-related delays. Contact your cruise line for additional updates.

Edited by Cindy

I just saw this announcement on the Galveston.com site. Sounds like good news for this weekend's cruisers!

Galveston.com Mod • 19 hours ago

UPDATE FROM THE PORT OF GALVESTON: ...Royal Caribbean’s NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS on Sunday are not affected by the response to the oil spill. We do not anticipate that this weekend’s departures will experience any spill-related delays.

Woo Hoo!

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH

Galveston related:

Carnival Triumph has set a few one-way sailings, Galveston to San Juan & return - 11 & 12 days.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2016413

Here's hoping RCL gets creative too.

I'm excited that Carnival is trying some different itineraries, but don't they get it that most of the passengers drive? The logistics of getting to Galveston and flying to or from San Juan are a mess!